Banned Words

2 hours ago, rawTOP said:

I just can't have that shit on the site. Hence the filters. Yeah, there are totally reasonable and acceptable ways to use those terms.

This makes sense to me. I just avoid using the terms in my writing and it makes it more interesting. 

• Like 2

Interesting topic, pretty clear it's not banned words but context that is being managed.  like it or not, we live in a society of laws and communities like this can be shut down pretty fast. Look what happened to CL. 

The truth is, there are  plenty of people out there who believe "God hates Fags," who would imprison and punish us in a heartbeat for just being gay, given the power.  i appreciate the thought and energy RawTop has put into creating and preserving this community. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Guest takingdeepanal
6 hours ago, rawTOP said:

Yes, I implemented that filter back when her name was in the news and it was amusing. I actually agree that the time for the joke has passed.

If anyone wants to suggest new text for any of the filters, feel free to suggest what you think is better.

The comments that referenced the devil that prompted the filter weren't just simple Satanism. They were comments by people who were clearly deeply disturbed. They were a group I didn't want on the site. The same goes for the people currently using pérv. The way they're using the term the implication is predatory sex with under age kids. They were frequently mentioning 'young', 'incest' and 'rape' along with përv and its variants. I just can't have that shit on the site. Hence the filters. Yeah, there are totally reasonable and acceptable ways to use those terms. If I could exempt senior members I would, but I can't.

Some of the threads that have been recently started about w***r mention yng and pérv. I thought that they were supposed to post to a central thread so they could be better monitored. 

Guest takingdeepanal
2 hours ago, find91 said:

Yeah you don't want people to think you have a thing for Sarah Palin lol

She looks good under certain lighting angles ...

Guest perverthomoslave
On 1/5/2020 at 9:11 AM, dirtyarizona said:

I do not believe in banned words either, Pozlover1.

"Sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." --- That was the mantra we were taught when I was growing up... Too bad that the snowflake generation can now get triggered by any word, in any situation, because their precious feelings get hurt.  Actually, snowflakes, NOBODY CARES about your *feelings*!!!

yet you are the first one to go into a tangent about it lmao 

Someone asked a simple question, jeez.

Guest perverthomoslave
On 1/8/2020 at 10:43 AM, dirtyarizona said:

"I'm a little snowflake, short & stout, this is my handle, this is my spout."   LMAO  &  JEEZ right back at ya, PERVERTHOMOSLAVE.

Great argument. /s 
For someone that looks like they are 20 minutes away from a heart attack, you sure do argument like a 7 year old.

Edited by perverthomoslave

7 hours ago, perverthomoslave said:

Great argument. /s 
For someone that looks like they are 20 minutes away from a heart attack, you sure do argument like a 7 year old.

Is there any relationship between people loving a strong government and a slave fetish....

• Like 1

Guest FinalDL2021
On 1/10/2020 at 6:36 AM, Ranger Rick said:

Snowflakes are dangerous when a bunch of them get together. Individually, they are fragile and deluded that they are unique and special.

very true. I strongly believe it will be the general snowflake generation, that will point us in the direction of Fascism. I am proud to say that I have always considered myself a Civil liberation, and where I see things going in this country, scares the crap out of me.

Warning to any Millennials out there, if this offended you, step back, take a few deep breaths, and realize I am speaking in general terms, and not to you as an individual.

Okay, I'm probably throwing myself in the fire here, but, I'll give it a tug in case someone needs to hear this; So, off I go!

The conceptualization of "snowflake" as a means to perpetuate a generational dilution of character (I.E. "bravery, resilience, diligence or such") is lazy and counterproductive. 

I mean, I could be petty and just say that the same ones who call my "generation" a bunch of snowflakes, are just failures as parents for "making us that way," thus they themselves are inferior to their parents and thus deserve ridicule and humiliation as well. But, that argument does nothing, but water down the actual means of this branding of "sensitivity" and such. I mean, it wasn't so long ago that a black man starring in a movie caused certain people to be horrified and disgusted because it went against their "values," thus to me, I see them as a generation of being "sensitive." But, that's besides the point. 

The point here is that "snowflake" really does nothing to prove a point. It really seems odd especially as a guy who wants to date/ has dated older men, while being 24 - the right demographic in which I can be marked under the "snowflake" identity. 

"Respect your elders, but allow them to disrespect you." "Appreciate the work of the last generation, while letting them discredit yours." "Always understand that the elders are a product of their time, but never have them understand your views." This conceptualization is so easy to be subconsciously implanted with such mockery, that can lead to a sense of entitlement that can not only lead a one-sided relationship, but also give an excuse for someone not to better themselves. And to tangle with political identity, really gives way to something far more toxic. 

Being critiqued for optics and behavior is not the equivalent as a toddler throwing a tantrum. And seeing people trying to devalue such as a means with a political tactic is an easy way to fall under the "Oh, this ideology is with THIS political party, and it so happens to also be with THIS demographic in age (with a word like "generation," which is commonly being misused), thus, this age is BAD, because political identity is BAD." It does nothing.

I see too many older men (coincidentally, I presume)  beg for nuance but then decry "radicals" for just simple manners. The last few comments here doesn't really help that case. 

My point in bringing all of this to attention (specifically for those who want to do better, and want to actually progress in building better arguments and such) really need to actually address the issues, and not pin blame on a demographic of age. Or, better yet, decry simple pleasantries as condamnation of "freedom" (Which I see WAY TOO MUCH in some circles). 

I'm not saying that there are no difference between generations, as technology and cultural shifts clearly show. However, just saying a "generation bad," with vague vocabulary, just comes off as cheap. 

And while I intend this message as respectful as I can be, I do encourage a man over 38/39 (The end of being a millenial) to take a breath and simply understand the argument being placed. This is not towards all men who are older than me. 

• Upvote 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.