BBRTS site needs help!

Truversebb

There were some comments made earlier about concerning the speed of BBRT. When I used BT (British Telecom) as my fixed line ISP there were a lot of problems with BBRT being laggy which went away if I connected through a VPN or used a different ISP connection. Now with Virgin Media and it isn't laggy at all.  

Also, if my iPhone connects to a WiFi network that has filtering on it preventing access to BBRT, and I forget and try to access it, then the device seems to cache the DNS of the filter's prohibited landing page and even disconnecting from that network and rebooting the phone, the site still comes up as blocked. It seems to be persistently cached and needs a 24hr rest before it will work. 

For me, the most annoying thing is that the GPS location seems to get stuck. 

• Thanks 1

I agree with barebackbro - now that bb is the norm we don't exactly "need" an exclusive bb hookup site like 10 years ago, but it's still my go-to site for hooking up.  It has it's cons, but the pros to me are the group party ads, and it's easier to pull together a small group to me.  I also prefer slutty sleazier scenes, and most guys will be way more upfront what they're into on bbrt than someplace like scruff or grindr - myself included.  I use bbrt 95% of the time and hope it doesn't go anywhere!  I constantly use the buddy list to search for guys I've already played with or put them there as a "to-do" list, but I know other apps have the same kind of lists.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Piggy 1

4 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

There were some comments made earlier about concerning the speed of BBRT. When I used BT (British Telecom) as my fixed line ISP there were a lot of problems with BBRT being laggy which went away if I connected through a VPN or used a different ISP connection. Now with Virgin Media and it isn't laggy at all.

Interesting. I guess Richard Branson is cool with gay bareback sex! Margaret Thatcher was of course anti-gay, and being gay was still illegal when she first came to power, so I guess BT was willing to stay true to her policies after she privatised the company. 😂

In all seriousness, a lot of ISPs and cellular service providers arbitrarily block access to adult sites (or, more likely, to adult sites that aren't willing to pay to be unblocked). T-Mobile, in the US, is one such company.

Usually the blocking is done by the ISP's internally-hosted, default domain name servers; simply switching to third-party DNS may resolve the problem. Unfortunately, finding a third-party DNS that doesn't block adult sites or log and resell your data requires research. Hint: OpenDNS blocks adult sites unless you register and pay, and Google's 8.8.8.8 DNS exists only so that the company can add your DNS lookup history (i.e., the name of every Web site you visit, with patterns such as time of day and rough location, plus truly insidious associations such as the sequence of sites you visit) to the profile of you that it sells to advertisers.

If choosing a better DNS doesn't work, a VPN might, but BBRTS and even Grindr block some VPNs — possibly with good reason, because VPNs in general are easily used by bad actors to flood sites with traffic and take them down (DDOS/distributed denial of service).

Edited by fskn
  • Like 1

I am dedicated to BBRT as I have been a member back when it was free and only on the computer. I met one of the owners at IML in 2008 and he told me about some of the changes. That was before IML would not let BBRT have a booth at the Leather expedition,  but that was Chuck's decision. The only problem I have is linking a buddy on the app because it has to be done on a laptop and not the app.

The BEST website was BareBackCity, which had the first "Sex Right Now" back when Kenboi and his partner were running the "LA Sex House" BBC was new and only a few sites were Bareback specific. I still miss my CumBrother Kenboi. (Key West, FL )

Technical issues are above me but I have always had great technical support any time I ask, and usually fast response. That could be because there were fewer members.

I use BBRT for parties/ads and guys near me. The location does not have automatic updates as I turn my location off and on frequently. Google doesn't need to know where I am at all the time. Just turn your location Off and ON before you activate the app. It is better than A4A that constantly tells you location updated between each message along with 1-2 promos.

I still find BBRT the best for me as my profile is direct and clear that I only do Bareback and I Expect my ass to be filled with Cum. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akula said:

I seldom have problems with BBRT and have hooked up with a lot of guys from the site. I've been a member since day one and will stay a member.

I agree mate, I've never had a problem with the site. Found many a great fuck from there.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The owner of BBRT canceled my account because i had posted that I was attending the Horsemarket party over CLAW weekend. Completely cancelled and then blocked my email address so I couldn't even argue my case.  He did this to a number of users because the claimed that we were "promoting a for-pay sex party".  I had posted similar things for IML. MAL, Southern Decadence, Folsom, etc, but because I, specifically, said Horsemarket, he cancelled my account - no link or suggestion that anyone else attend, just the mention of the party.  He is an ass who is threatened by another play party that he doesn't get money from.  It WAS  a shame because I HAD gotten some fun fucks off there.  I've moved to sniffies and hope to get a few hook ups from there now.  LOVE to play when travelling. Am open to any other suggestions if you have any.....

On 1/18/2022 at 7:49 AM, fskn said:

Unfortunately, finding a third-party DNS that doesn't block adult sites or log and resell your data requires research.

I've used Cloudflare for over a year with no apparent difficulty... the DNS servers are 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1.

I’ve posted about this previously, but BBRT deactivated my account because my username, the same one I use here - and the one I had been using on BBRT for nearly three years - contained the word ‘wired’. Apparently their word filter decided ‘wired’ was a code word for drug use. They were willing to reactivate the account if I changed my username. When I emailed the site to say that I use the same username on all my adult sites and am identified by it, the “Pigmaster” personally responded to tell me that I had to change my name and if I said anything else about it whatsoever my account would be deleted. I had just paid for a six-month membership. On another occasion I has a QuickConnect ad deleted and received a warning because I had mentioned that I would still be there in the morning - which they said constituted an ad for an event on another day.

Do not be under any illusion that the management of that site cares about its members. They want your money, and once they have it, you can kiss their ass. They run the place by capricious and arbitrary rules, with no tolerance for error, and if you don’t like it, too bad so sad, there are a dozen horny fucks just like you to take your place when they cut you off.

If the kind of customer relationship I’ve experienced is at all common with them, I can’t imagine how they’re still solvent.

• Like 1

You can't put anything related to doing drugs in your profile text, but there is a drugs yes/no indicator.

My biggest complaint is the messaging.

When logging on you see  how many emails you have and you get excited only to be disappointed that one is for unlocking pics, the next is an oink, and the third is the actual message, Multiply this by how many guys send messages and it gets frustrating have to delete two thirds of the list and not have as many as you thought.

Then there is that occasional tweaked guy who hits the send key multiple times.

Remember the original BBRTS.com t shirts, that were subtle, but which were easily spotted by other members if you wore them out. And then they came out with the "new" version only which literally screamed BAREBACK across the front. Not exactly the shirt to wear to Starbucks at 9 in the morning. I wrote to PigMaster a few times and never got anywhere with getting the old, discreet style reintroduced.As for speed issues, I never experienced that, but the distance thing was and is a big annoyance - especially in a place that is a gay tourist center like Ft Lauderdale. Guys log on their cells here, then after a weeks vacation they head home to Muskrat Butt Iowa and still are showing up as 3 miles away.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AlwaysOpen said:

Remember the original BBRTS.com t shirts, that were subtle, but which were easily spotted by other members if you wore them out.

Was this the logo that had the single sperm on it?