Poppers discussion

I don’t know the status of butyl/isobutyl nitrite in Australia, but it is banned in the UK, which is why isopropyl has become the dominant formula there - evidently, thus far they haven’t been as concerned about men going blind from popper use. I assume they believe users are going to go blind from masturbating anyway, so there’s no point in regulating it on those grounds, but stand by: Some zealous do-goodnik is bound to go after it in time.

Frankly, I’m not sure that would be such a bad thing. Huffing something known to do permanent eye damage is unwise, and the way some guys vacuum poppers  they can be doing themselves a world of hurt. I read the tinytinytiny fine print on every bottle I buy to make sure I’m not buying isopropyl, and I’m constantly warning other men to steer clear of it.

I’ll need to look more into findings on purported carcinogenic effects of isobutyl - this is the first time I’ve heard that. Scarcely a day passes, however, but some scientific report is released finding the possibility of cancer being caused by something, and we have so little actual understanding of the root origins of cancers that I’m going to be looking for some pretty damning evidence. And even if it does have the potential, there’s the matter of degree. My great-grandmother taught me how to make sassafras tea. The root of the sassafras tree has been found to contain a carcinogenic substance that would create a cancer risk in drinking sassafras tea... if you drank 20 gallons of it a day. (Granny died at the age of 96, and cancer never laid a glove on her.)

Everything in moderation. If anything, I would caution to avoid these “popper training” vids that prompt the viewer to take sometime 20 or more hits within the space of a few minutes, some of them long, sustained draws held inside for maximum absorption. Make no mistake - poppers are a substance (read: drug) and though they may not be addictive, they can absolutely be abused.

On Friday night a young Vers Top fucked me when I was hosting. He loaded me up but kept on going. As time passed, I noticed he seemed to be straining, putting in effort, but his cock was getting soft. He tried changing the tilt of my ass, speeding up his thrusts, adjusting his grip. Every now and again he would pause, and I heard this noise, and I suddenly realized he had been sniffing poppers the whole time and was desperately trying to use the poppers to revive his erection (!) so he could cum again. He finally gave up, and apologized that he hadn’t been able to seed me twice. He had tried so hard I didn’t have the heart to tell him he’d sabotaged himself with poppers.

(Tops - please, please stop using them when you fuck. Seriously. Cocks should be hard.)

• Upvote 2

@ejaculaTe - Interesting. Classified as possibly carcinogenic to humans, based in part on a study done in which rodents were made to breathe the stuff at concentrations of up to 630mg/cubic meter for 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 103 weeks (2 years). Yes, I imagine the poor creatures developed cancer from that. You could get cancer from practically anything that you consumed for 6 hours/5 days/2 years straight, (except possibly clean air and water) and that includes sunlight.

What I find significantly more interesting are the findings that isobutyl nitrite inhibits immune cell function. For those of us who are Poz, that’s something to make you sit up and pay attention.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ErosWired said:

I don’t know the status of butyl/isobutyl nitrite in Australia

Effective February 2020, Australia reclassified the substances: amyl nitrite can be obtained, without a prescription, from a pharmacist; isopropyl nitrite was banned; and butyl nitrite, isobutyl nitrite, and other alkyl nitrites were available on prescription only. [think before following links] https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/australia-decides-not-to-ban-poppers/ [think before following links] https://qnews.com.au/therapeutic-goods-administration-decides-against-banning-poppers/ [think before following links] https://qnews.com.au/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-law-changes-around-poppers/ 

• 2 weeks later...

Deviating away from the chemistry for a minute, does anyone use any of those inhaler type devices for poppers, rather than inhaling directly from the bottle? I’m prone to burning my nostrils (mainly with isopropyl nitrite) and I’m wondering would some sort of device like this help?