What do you think of "No Nut November" and anti-masturbation campaigns?

Coldfusion

21 minutes ago, barebackbro said:

I'm going to defend a version of NNN. Bear with me!

If I'm on holidays or just have more time, I'll naturally jerk off all day -- but why waste those loads? Sometimes, it's good to commit to zero masturbation for a week. It means I'm solely focused on finding other sluts.

This makes sense and seems like a sound (compared to an Internet challenge from incels!) reason to abstain from nutting.

One thing I notice when I'm in a phase where I'm masturbating a lot is that I am less interested in socializing, and especially in seeking out guys to fuck. Conversely, if I abstain for a few days (or limit my jerking sessions to quickies with no edging), I am more eager to be social and am driven to meet guys.

(This isn't to say that there's anything wrong with frequent and hard masturbation. I would just love to understand, from a scientific perspective, what it does to the hormones that regulate social behavior, pair bonding, and sex drive. For example, an article I read explained that meeting a new lover causes an increase in some hormone for about a year and a half, after which attraction to the partner subsides/settles at a lower level. I also read about a study that involved manipulating hormone levels in naturally monogamous animals — voles, I think — to see whether monogamy could be shut off. A rise in a particular hormone soon after meeting a new partner removes the impetus to seek further partners, and sure enough, suppressing that hormone allows partner-seeking to continue, leaving rather promiscuous animals. 😁)

• 2 months later...
On 11/11/2021 at 2:58 AM, BootmanLA said:

As far as I know, the "basement dweller" community you're describing (which I take to be "NoFap") started in 2012. The problem for the timeline is that Urban Dictionary has a listing for "No Nut November" created a year earlier, in 2011, suggesting that the term came into existence before its adoption by NoFap.

Yes. Like... existed on other parts of Reddit... Oh wait no, that's scientifically impossible of course...... LOL

You feel a demented and desperate urge to falsely "correct" me at every instant, I wonder why!

Edited by Coldfusion

On 11/10/2021 at 8:27 PM, revemupman said:

Men need a release. 

I always took it as “no jacking off” for the month of November. How many guys do you know, regardless of orientation, would say no if a hot piece of ass came up and told them they wanna suck and fuck until their balls are dry?  I had a Top tell me the same thing, where NNN is supposed to be for dudes to quit jacking off and find some real ass (this is while he was a week and a half into NNN and HMU in the middle of the night because he couldn’t stand it any longer and had to drains his nuts).

On 11/12/2021 at 9:55 AM, WelshBBCigarFuck said:

Hats off to those who are caged and enjoy chastity, to each their own, I just know I couldn’t do it for long without leaving a trail of destruction in my wake! 

As a bottom, I haven’t jerked off in a long while. I dare say it’s been a few years now. I get off with a nice fat cock giving me handsfree P-spot  sissygasms or I fuck myself with an arsenal of dildos. But yes, I’d go absolutely bonkers, clawing my way up the walls, if I don’t get my daily dose of something thick, long, and hard shoved up in me.

• Like 1

Guys should do whatever they're attracted to doing, as long as they're not harming others.  If a self-imposed contrivance seems appropriate, great - have at it.  There may be fewer Holes in the fuckjoints for a while, but to me, that only means that the Holes that are there will get more Sperm pumped up their guts than they otherwise would.   

For some reason, the old phrase "tempest in a teapot" comes to mind .... 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Coldfusion said:

Yes. Like... existed on other parts of Reddit... Oh wait no, that's scientifically impossible of course...... LOL

You feel a demented and desperate urge to falsely "correct" me at every instant, I wonder why!

I point out errors of fact when I see them. Who makes them, honestly, is of little consequence to me. 

• 1 year later...

🙄

This ^ is the sum total of what I think about "no nut November", "sex-free September", "jackoff January", "fuck-free February", "mouth-on-toes March", "don't-touch-ass April", "yes-you-may-worship-earlobes-May", blah blah blah.  

Edited by hntnhole
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Like the chastity craze that needs to die, so does this. It's as if the big religions said "o.k. we can't CONvice them to be chaste with our outdated dogma, so lets change the strategy and market it as a fetish. They'll go nuts for it." I do the opposite in chastity promoting situation like no nut november, I push my self to the exact opposite and experience as much sexual stimulation as possible and increase my bate output rather than denying it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Piggy 1
  • Haha 2

I could be rude about those campaigns but I don't find them different from conservative politicians who would like us to repress our sexuality. Campaigns and challenges against masturbation have no sense IMHO. We spend years and years to fight against people repressing us, then we invent something for (temporarily or not) repressing ourselves? 

If it's in a master-slave relationship, or dominant/sub, those are the couple's business. But to create campaigns and spread them on social media, I don't accept such things at all! 

• Like 1