What's your safeword?

DaWhore

There's a misconception about who controls how far the game will go in a sane relationship.

Most will automatically think that the dominant controls the limit of it. The reality of the matter is, that the submissive controls it. 

The word no submissive wants to say out loud is the limit.

The word no dominant (normally) wants to hear because he crossed the line and brought the whole party to a crashing stop.

That word is, of course, the safeword.

The best safeword should be a word you would never use in the ”bedroom”, simply because it doesn't belong there. Something that stands out on its own and is alien to the environment. 

Dandelion is mine, what’s yours?

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2023 at 11:19 PM, DaWhore said:

Dandelion is mine, what’s yours?

What the word actually is doesn't really matter; Dandelion is as good as any, since that word would hardly come up in any conversation during a Bd/Sm scene., or any other, for that matter.  

The important thing is that it be established during the required, prior negotiation, and each participant is clear about what it means.  Obviously, being a Top, I don't have one: I only need to be sure to remember what the bottom's safeword is.  Some also use a "slow-down" word or phrase, which is particularly useful for a novice.  In any case, the Top always needs to be assessing the bottom's reactions, and proceed carefully during the scene.  

Well said.  Thank you. 

Edited by hntnhole
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1