Grindr Meetup

PlanetJunk

Been chatting with this guy for some time on Grindr. About several different fetishes that we have and things. He wanted to meet so I sent him the general location and he drove out to the area and I saw the distance get shorter and shorter and shorter he actually tracked me down and stalked me to my apartment. I was not going give him my address yet, but he was literally outside my door and I gave him the apartment number.

This is like early in the morning it was still dark out and everything.

So I invited him in and he dropped his pants and demanded a blowjob so I gave it to him this morning. 

• Like 2

If someone on Grindr knows your general location, there is no need to give your exact address. You can easily track anyone down on Grindr using Google Maps and the distance feature if its enabled in Grindr settings.

I've had guys on Grindr 'show-up' outside my door once I told them the general area I live in. I'm in a dense urban area so someone would still have to figure out the exact house or apartment number. I can't imagine how scary it could be if I lived in a suburban or rural area.

It could potentially be fun if you're into riskier random hookups.

12 hours ago, topblkmale said:

I can't imagine how scary it could be if I lived in a suburban or rural area

I live in a rural place and it is scary. I've had two different guys whom I'd never chatted with before just show up at my gate and text that they were in front of my place. Yikes. 

I know that I can give a pinned location that links into google maps or whatever map app you use which GPS based. But I've never had a random person just track me to my location by distance alone.

I have to agree, the geo locators can be problematic.  I've received messages while having someone over my house, telling me they knew a particular guy was with me, and could they join?  Well, it's happened more than once, so I've learned to turn that off on my phone and log off the site.  I had one guy, under the influence, show up at my apartment complex and couldn't figure out which unit was mine, so he started knocking on doors.  I happened to have a family living below me with three children, I know they didn't appreciate a knock on the door in the middle of the night.  It didn't take them very long for them to figure out who the guy was looking for.  I ended up moving, not just for that reason but by the time I left it was well known I was gay and had a lot of traffic, at all hours of the day and night.

The apartment complex was thrilled when I told them I was not renewing my lease.  There was a lot of issues at that complex, I just added to the headaches for management.  

Technology is a wonderful thing, but along with that can also include some embarrassing moments.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ellentonboy said:

I have to agree, the geo locators can be problematic.  I've received messages while having someone over my house, telling me they knew a particular guy was with me, and could they join?  Well, it's happened more than once, so I've learned to turn that off on my phone and log off the site.  I had one guy, under the influence, show up at my apartment complex and couldn't figure out which unit was mine, so he started knocking on doors.  I happened to have a family living below me with three children, I know they didn't appreciate a knock on the door in the middle of the night.  It didn't take them very long for them to figure out who the guy was looking for.  I ended up moving, not just for that reason but by the time I left it was well known I was gay and had a lot of traffic, at all hours of the day and night.

The apartment complex was thrilled when I told them I was not renewing my lease.  There was a lot of issues at that complex, I just added to the headaches for management.  

Technology is a wonderful thing, but along with that can also include some embarrassing moments.

This just recently happened to me while I was fucking one of my regulars at his place. Another guy  - bottom (pretending to be a top) - just showed up wanting to join in while I was there. My regular let him in. Long story short, I took my regular out of rotation and blocked both on Grindr. I don't fool around with local guys who I haven't personally pre-screened.

I've realized guys on Grindr can track me to my job or a family member's home and show up uninvited. I now pay for Grindr Unlimited and use Grindr Incognito while I'm home or at work.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, topblkmale said:

I've realized guys on Grindr can track me to my job or a family member's home and show up uninvited. ...

And this is why I never used Grindr. My job can't have random strangers showing up or knowing my recreational activities. 

This just confirms my greatest fear, so thanks for that info. If I ever hop on Grindr it will be on a phone I don't take to the office.

Yeah. I am in a small rural town. So it was easy to find me as my building only has 5 apartments in it. 

I mean... I found it kinda hot, but creepy too at the same time. The dick was just ok... But you are right that it is pretty easy it seems. 

This was my 1st Grindr hookup too. I didn't plan for it, but being the sub I am... I did as told and sucked him off. 

Plus it's pretty hard to find people out here who want to actually get together. 

Sniffies has a ‘location randomizer’ in the drop down menu that moves your icon away from your actual location. You need to check back often tho because it sometimes moves you back. I think if you have a paid account, you can move it even further away with the ‘traveling to’ feature. 
I’ve watched hookups come and go from my FBs house. I ask anyone who comes to my place to shut off Sniffies so others can’t see them here. I don’t need random show-ups! 

• Like 1

In my situation with the bottom showing up at my regular's apartment, it appears his location has been designated as the community cum-dump gathering site. He does open door ass up with random guys on Grindr - which is fine - but I don't wish to be a part of that and then be tracked (stalked) to my home upon leaving.

I've also had a friend also on Grindr hit me up after a bottom left my place asking if I had fun...

Lastly, and similarly, when I go to my local bathhouse or ABS, I get guys on Grindr hitting me up to ask about the crowd and who's there.

@Hotrawbutt4u it shows your distance, go to

setting, security and privacy, show me,  then you’ll see 

show me in explore searches 

show my distance 

show me in viewed me list

you can toggle to on/ off on each of the 3.

(if set to yellow toggle it means it’s on)

7 hours ago, wh0rehole said:

@topblkmale why are gay men like this?!?!?!? LOL Let people have fun in peace!

That's so annoying. I'm sorry that happens to anyone.

Sadly, it's not just gay men. One look at the stats of women killed at the hands of an intimate partner (some of whom I can only assume use various technologies, not the least being GPS), and it's scary/eye-opening.  Please stay safe out there!

• Upvote 1