gran canaria/playa del ingles

bluelover050

Gay clubs and bars are usually open all year around. Some restaurants or smaller businesses may close for an annual holiday in June. In July and August almost all businesses are open as that is the summer holiday period of the average European.

There should still be plenty of folks around end of July.

Guest bukkakio

Thank you, that's what I needed to hear.

Your cute ass and face are also a good incentive to visit the island, I am sure :)

September is a good time to go. Not as busy as in the high season (Oct-May) of course, but no shortage of men either. Temperature is perfect for outdoor sex, even in the evening/night. When I didn't live there but was only vacationing I often went in September.

In addition: August, September and October mostly see Italians, French, Belgians, Dutch, Germans and a few other nationalities. And Brits of course (but when aren't they there???). The period starting November is called Scandi season (for Scandinavians) as the Norwegians, Swedes, Danes and Fins are flooding the place. So if you're into big blond Vikings (stereotyping here)...... If you want to go, try to stay away when there are school holidays. You then won't see families with screaming kids up from 5/6 yo.

In the weekend the horny Canarians from capitol Las Palmas come down south for some sin sex. As Playa del ingles has the raunchy clubs they don't have in their city.

September is an excellent time to go though. Go and enjoy! Planning to go there myself end of September. Need to take care of some unfinished business due to me living there until recently, so not so much a sex vacation. But will enjoy it anyhow.

Guest bukkakio

Thank you so much, you should seriously be working for the ministry of gay travel or something :)

How long do you suggest staying? My biggest fear is getting bored after a week or so.

LOL, thank you! Wish I could get a job like that :-)

I would suggest 10 days or two weeks. One week is too short I think, considering travel days which are wasted days and you are left with only 5 days effectively. 10 days or two weeks will give you enough time to enjoy the sun and the nightlife. There will be days when you are not in the mood to roam the bars and just want to have a nice dinner in the evening and enjoy a drink at one of the café terraces in the Yumbo (which are also great meeting/cruising places by the way!). And then one week (= 5 days) is too short in my view.

There are a lot of other activities in GC as well in the daytime. Do a tour around the Island (there are commercial tourings). It is amazing. Go to Las Palmas for a day, or the organized Las Palmas Gay Night tour (= also connect with others joining the same tour). Go see Teror or other towns. Lots of things to do besides hanging around at night in the sleazy Yumbo bars :-). Go to the Gay beach.

There are plenty of private persons offering accommodation if a hotel or resort is too expensive for you. I know a few. They don't publish it because of recent laws. But check Booking.com for deals. I would recommend Playa del Sol. Excellent location practically IN the Yumbo and great pool and sun lounge and pool facilities. Very popular with gay guys. Another is Los Tilos, but that is very basic so do not expect any luxury. Hotel Neptuno is a favorite as well, but more expensive. Aparthotel Buenos Aires is another favorite. All within 5 minutes walk to the gay bars.

Then again, taxis are very cheap in PDI. If you pick a different hotel a bit away from Yumbo single fares are about €3.00 or so.

As for restaurants, go for dinner outside of yumbo. A lot cheaper and much better.

Thank you so much, you should seriously be working for the ministry of gay travel or something.

I agree; NLBear has been very generous with his time giving me advice too about Gran Canaria. Generous guy. Never met him but looks like his ass is good too!

In addition to NLbear's post check out the hotel Riu Don Miguel, amazing standard for a reasonable price, half board and it's a block from the yumbo.

There is also one of my favourite restaurants called La Bodega on he street that leads from the beach to the lighthouse (El Faro) at Maspalomas.

I got to agree, NLBear has a damn fine ass too :P

do many guys take leather these days? i know it's too hot for full outfits

but my harness and boots got loads of attention on the dunes in the days

then added chaps for night time rough sessions. but i see more married guys

only after quick sex and frightened off from a masculine look. plus with more

commercial dance events coming, it's more circuit guys just in go-go shorts?

I went there many times, you see sometimes guys in Leather or Rubber, but have to say it's not really a fetish place most of peoples wearing more relaxing clothes.