Do You Discuss HIV Status Before Barebacking?

rawTOP

Do You Discuss HIV Ststus Before Barebacking?  

546 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Discuss HIV Ststus Before Barebacking?

• Always
    • Usually, but not for anonymous sex
    • Only if I think he might be a different status than me
    • Almost never - only if asked
    • Never - avoid the question if asked

I don't think I've ever asked anyone's status in the past.  I figure that now that I'm on Prep, it's a none issue.  If the guy who's going to fuck me wants to talk about status before he breeds me, I'm ok with that but I'd really prefer not to.   

not sure if i i commented on this before but with me it depends. If a guy has ‘ask me’ on his profile I assume he has something . I had a guy chasing me for a while and he had neg on his profile. He bred me like 3 times and after the third he told me he was poz. I wasn't mad because anyone can lie anyway. Also when i go to the local sex club, why would I ask? You are in a risky situation. It is what it is!

• Like 1

Amazing how times have changed as most guys are on PrEP and virtually every poz guy is on meds and undetectable making status not a really important issue and allowing most men to bareback without concern. I used to be mortified about disclosure but today I only discuss it when asked and I'm finding that the vast majority of guys are educated enough to realize that the combination of PrEP and HIV meds is the safest sex out there. 

I hate when men ask me if I'm clean. With that question I always answer yes. The guys most likely HIV poz these days are guys on the dl....many married or guys scared to come out and therefore not getting tested or on PrEP and don't know their status.

• Like 3

Being newly poz and not yet on meds (not opposed, just more financial hurdles so just a timing issue more than anything); I just can't bring myself to not be candid with any sexmates.  Sure, if all I am doing is blowing them, the risk is virtually nill.  But I haven't even done that.  I am certainly being hit on by chasers though.  

• Like 2

Just now, JimInWisc said:

Being newly poz and not yet on meds (not opposed, just more financial hurdles so just a timing issue more than anything); I just can't bring myself to not be candid with any sexmates.  Sure, if all I am doing is blowing them, the risk is virtually nill.  But I haven't even done that.  I am certainly being hit on by chasers though.  

I disclose status. Candidness is vital and in certain locales, required.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/27/2023 at 10:43 AM, pozsewerpig said:

I disclose status. Candidness is vital and in certain locales, required.

In Canada, it is the law.  For those living with HIV, failure to disclose your status prior to sex is an offence an for which you can be charged and prosecuted under the criminal code.  This includes being poz and undetectable.

I don't ask - am almost never told by the bottom.  There are guys with identifying ink in the fuckjoints, which only means to me that they're licentious pigs - just my "type".  

I just assume the bottoms are, hence the PrEP.  Knowing that I've done everything I can to avoid hiv, I just do what I've always done.  Emotional health is important too.  I get tested monthly for the lesser bugs, get them cleared up, and back to My Life (as I want to live it) when that's over with.

I can't imaging going without raw Hole ... 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

HIV status hardly ever gets discussed before I am barebacked and seeded with cum.

One time, a guy barebacked and seeded me with cum before he asked if I was healthy. I delayed, to add some excitement, before asking him “And you, are you healthy?”

A negative answer to that question would have gotten me thinking my status had changed and I would have had to live with it, of course.