Post Your Problems With The New Site Here

jackdaw

Hey Raw- re the  new  site-- I am having an issue- not sure if it is on my side in some setting or if it is a bug - but  when I try to  click on the radio  button for Blogs, I get a new screen and a warning of a redirect loop,  resend or close- but I cannot reconnect-- not sure if this is a broken redirect or if there is something else - but thought I would toss it into the Honey Do list for you <g>  And- I still have a pulse, so if this is a bug, it is NOT stopping me form getting laid, no rush to resolve- 

Always

hey there. I like the redesign but I am an encountering a problem with my groups. I am logged in and all but when I go to the groups I belong to, I do not have access to previous posts and can't start a new thread. When I click on a group I don't belong to, they all say that i can't join the group. In the previous site one had to opt in to Groups and HIV fetish, etc. Is that still around? Am I missing something? Thanks so much!

• Upvote 4

• Administrators

Hey Raw- re the  new  site-- I am having an issue- not sure if it is on my side in some setting or if it is a bug - but  when I try to  click on the radio  button for Blogs, I get a new screen and a warning of a redirect loop, 

Fixed. Thanks for the heads up. I created one problem trying to fix another.

hey there. I like the redesign but I am an encountering a problem with my groups. I am logged in and all but when I go to the groups I belong to, I do not have access to previous posts and can't start a new thread. When I click on a group I don't belong to, they all say that i can't join the group. In the previous site one had to opt in to Groups and HIV fetish, etc. Is that still around? Am I missing something? Thanks so much!

I'm having problems with groups. Long story, but groups are not a core feature of the new software - they're a third party add-on and rather problematic. I got them working in testing, but haven't gotten them working since the migration. I'll keep trying…

I'm also seeing problems with the secondary group permissioning system - again, a third party add-on. I recommend you don't mess with your settings. But that's how people got permissioned for things like HIV fetish, Chem sex and groups. I'll keep working on that as well.

Sorry for doing this herebut Itried doing it onthe Tips, thread and get an about not having permission to post on hidden threads. I sus pect that it's related to the fact that many threads I see have a red badge which says "Unapproved".

Also, what happened tomy profile picture?

• Administrators

I want to change my display name.  I know before the migration you had to do it for us but that forum is locked and you said we could do it ourselves now.  Where do I go to do it?

That's stomething I'm still debugging. I can see the option on one of my accounts, but not the other.

• Administrators

Sorry for doing this herebut Itried doing it onthe Tips, thread and get an about not having permission to post on hidden threads. I sus pect that it's related to the fact that many threads I see have a red badge which says "Unapproved".

I honestly don't know what you're talking about. The red badges say "Pinned". Moderators sometimes see orange badges that say "Unapproved", but you're not a moderator. I don't understand how you could be seeing Unapproved badges. And even if you did, it shouldn't affect your ability to post in the thread unless the entire thread was unapproved (most often the badge indicates that 1 or more posts in the thread are unapproved - not the whole thread).

Also, what happened tomy profile picture?

As I explained before the migration, the old software had separate images for avatars and profile pics. The new software only has one for both. I migrated profile pics instead of avatars. That said, not all of them migrated properly.

Love the new features.  Great job.  One thing I miss (hope it can come back) is a page of all latest activity across the forums.  It was always the page I started with because it was a nice overview of "what was trending" throughout the site.  The URL was:  breedingzone.com/activity.php .

Is there a way now for something similar?  Or maybe I just haven't found it, yet? 

• Administrators

Love the new features.  Great job.  One thing I miss (hope it can come back) is a page of all latest activity across the forums.  It was always the page I started with because it was a nice overview of "what was trending" throughout the site.  The URL was:  breedingzone.com/activity.php .

Is there a way now for something similar?  Or maybe I just haven't found it, yet? 

There is a "new content" section, but it segments things by content type. As mentioned above, I need to make it easier to get to for people on small screens.

Seconding the praise on the amount of work. Well done to get this far!

The things I noticed have been mentioned.

One thing clearly not urgent but I apparent 'liked' too many posts and hit the limit? I didn't 'like' that many - maybe five? The like facility is good, but not if it's restricted.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.