Post Your Problems With The New Site Here

jackdaw

Not a fan so far, cant find anything quickly anymore, have to go to multiple folders etc.

Not sure why I can't reply to a post I made in a group I am already a member of (says I can't join the group etc)..would like to delete the post and unjoin the group but not sure how to do so.

In the migration my saved login didn't transfer and took a while to figure out what was my screen name and password.

Not in favor of change just for the sake of change, but if it makes things better etc, bring it on. Just in my opinion, I haven't found what is better yet.  :(

When I try to join a new group, it states "you cannot join this group".  I thought at first that the group might be "private" , but I've tried others, and I always get the same message to the right of the group, "You cannot join this group".  I've also had a problem replying to messages in Internet Explorer 9, no box to reply so I'm using Firefox Mozilla to reply to this topic.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

Hey RawTop- hope you had a busy Labor Day in the bushes or dunes or sheets and not in front of a computer  debugging code !

Yes, I did take a break from all of this over the holiday.

I  finally realized my profile picture had not migrated , along with some profile details- and went into correct that. I think the  profile data is back to 100%, but the pictures are  buggery. Every upload is  showing as too  large- is there a way to resize to fit  thru the upload, or can you suggest a program  to run on my end to resize ( and what size I should aim for ??) BTW- running an old Windows 7 laptop, accessing thru Chrome, and I have never added any  photo editing software/ shareware to the  original out of the box configuration

I need to do some testing on profile pics. There's a setting that limits them to 50K. I need to see if you upload larger whether they'll be resized. In the meantime just do the resizing on your end. I'm on Mac and it's easy with the Preview app. Not sure what the equivalent on Windows is, but I'd be shocked if there wasn't somthing to do the job.

And, if in your magical powers, you  could send WhtHole4U a few  overly endowed men  to use  his hole as a  means of Thank Yous for his  great writings on here, ........ just saying <g>

I'm good, but not that good ;)

Did you ever find the fix for changing the display name?   or am I just not looking in the right place?

Not sure why I can't reply to a post I made in a group I am already a member of (says I can't join the group etc)..would like to delete the post and unjoin the group but not sure how to do so.

When I try to join a new group, it states "you cannot join this group". I thought at first that the group might be "private" , but I've tried others, and I always get the same message to the right of the group, "You cannot join this group".

As I've said repeatedly - Groups are not working. Please see my other responses for more info.

I've also had a problem replying to messages in Internet Explorer 9, no box to reply so I'm using Firefox Mozilla to reply to this topic.

IE9 is not supported. Period. You need to use a current, modern web browser. The current versions of IE work AFAIK, but IE is always the worst of the possible choices.

Not in favor of change just for the sake of change, but if it makes things better etc, bring it on. Just in my opinion, I haven't found what is better yet.  :(

You didn't state your browser and OS. The people to tend to not see the good of the site tend to be the ones on old browsers.

Hey RawTOP,

Thanks for the last reply, managed to figure out my way round much better now.

One thing I have noticed is that I can't view any photos in people's galleries. The photos show up but when I click on one it goes to an invalid link page of some sorts. Is this the same issue as profile photos?

The other question is: on guys profiles there is a green box that says UNPROVEN with a number above it.... What does it mean? Doesn't look like a link and I'm curious :)

Thanks in advance.

OSX 10.9.4

FF 32

Same issues as I put in the previous thread which you closed, so I'll just copy/paste again here.  It's your site so believe me or don't:

This design is much less user-friendly.

• Everything takes up way too much space.  (i.e. there's way too much empty space around all of the buttons, except for the 'like this' button.  That's tight.)
  • The pages are way too busy.
  • Visted links don't exist any more, so it's far more difficult to tell at a glance what's already been viewed.
  • When scrolling on a page, the header scrolls off, then as soon as it's off screen it POPS back on screen shoving everything down again.  (This one is particularly annoying since this jump happens on every page when scrolling.)
  • On profiles, all of the menu items on the left are 'greyed out' (light-grey text on a lighter background).  I assumed this meant, as it usually does, that those are inactive links (that's what greyed out means), or at least that there's no content behind them.  When I clicked on a few, I discovered I was wrong.
  • I know IOS 7 likes flat everything, but it's ugly, esp on a non-handheld device (ie macbook).  Buttons are better as buttons, but that's a subjective choice.
  • Upvote 1

Could I be correct or mistaken; but isn't this site somewhat associated with RaunchyFuckers in some form?  I notice lately that the site won't accept my full member name (I use the same profile name on this site).  RF now appears to limit one's (member) logon to 12 characters max whereas, it no longer recognizes me as an already, registered member.  How can I get this problem corrected being that I'm now unable to log into my RF member profile (due to the new 12 character limitation factor)?   

Guest slobbvers

I don't know if this has been mentioned, whenever I click on a post or click on the back button and I scroll down the page moves back to the top.  It does that once and then is fine.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.