Prep In Relationships

sinfuljock

I'm on PrEP, but my partner isn't (he's negative).

We have an open relationship, we play around separately and together.  I probably play around more than he does (and I'm more likely to fuck when I play away), tho he definitely gets his share of fun.

In an ideal world he'd be on PrEP as well and we'd find some slim-hipped young thing that wanted to be spiroasted raw by two 'daddies'.

If he was on PrEP as well, it would feel more like a shared risk (not from HIV, but from other STDs).

• Upvote 1

You should definitely try to get him on Prep too...and do the split roasting! I've been the split roastee (is that the right term? lol) several times and loved it! 

Also then you to DP some lucky bottom! I'd only done a few times with condoms and was always more that it turned on the tops than for me since it hurt. Since going bare it's much easier and feels fuckign fantastic for me. Nothing like having two cocks shooting up you at the same time!

• Upvote 3

Guest JizzDumpWI

The decision to go on PrEP is a personal one. Of the two of us, I do the riskier behaviors. He knows he can if he wishes, but for the most part my PrEP protects him too.

With gay marriage being legal in more states hopefully that leads to more insurance coverage for same sex spouses which could help in situations like these where one partner might not be on it due to not having insurance.

My partner and I are both Neg and on PrEP. We play together but also separately. We're on PrEP because we're neg & want to stay that way. 

I started taking it first and as a bottom who hates condoms am at greater risk than him (he plays both bare & safe).  After I'd been on it a few months, and he saw it was no big deal, I talked him into going on it too. It definitely reduces the stress now that we're both on it. I just don't worry about HIV anymore.

I do get tested for all STIs every few months, btw.

My partner and I are both Neg and on PrEP as well.  We play together and seperately.  He was one of the original PrEP study participants in the blind study in San Fran.  As a couple, he commuted weekly to San Fran during the week and came back to LA on weekends during the study.  Needless to say, we had an open relationship during that time and he later found out that he was on the active the entire time.  He was safe though during the period, using PrEP as extra protection.  He has been on it ever since and for the most part still practices safe sex, even as a top.  I got on it as part of a study in LA earlier this year and while a safe bottom with others, after being on PrEP, I did start taking loads with his knowledge.  We have shared information (some even found on here) and he is fine with me taking undetectable loads and even helped me create my BBRT profile.  He encouraged me to go to my first Cumunion party as well.  That said, he is not a big BB guy.  Poz friendly yes and will certainly have sex with a Poz guy, but old habits still die hard.  I got him to create a BBRT profile, but he doesn't really check it out.  He goes to Scruff or Recon.  Regardless, we are supportive of each other and are glad to be on PrEP.

• Upvote 1

Like several of my pig buddies on this site, my partner and I are also in an open relationship: we play both together and separately (we let each other know when we are going to hook-up and with who). I am the sluttier of the two and am on PrEP. My guy is not, at least yet, due to the significant number of meds he takes for other health issues. My use of PrEP protects the both of us. STDs on the other hand are an occupational hazard all of us barebackers risk.