Who else here is into monogamy?

garsento

On 9/29/2022 at 12:59 PM, FelchingPisser said:

Personally, I met my life partner in college.  I thought I was in a monogamous relationship back then.  But we quickly realized we needed more and opened it up, with rules that worked for the two of us.  We had no issues with separating sex vs love.  He has been dead now a long time and I can't imagine I would go the monogamous route again.  If I found the right man, I would love to have him go with me on my sexual adventures.  If we were playing separately, he would need to bring home that loaded ass for me to use...

We have much in common, FelchingPisser.  I met mine a bit later, but the rest is pretty much in tandem.  At this point in my life, I can't imagine a monogamous relationship at all.  I can imagine a T/b situation with a cumdump, and based on sexual Lusts, but more than that seems well out of the question at this point.  Lightening like him simply doesn't strike twice.  

• Upvote 2

I only had one relationship. I was much younger then. I have a high sex drive (still have). Everything looked good. He was a very handsome guy but looking back I think I was more in love with the idea that he was in love with me. After we decided we would be a couple his sexdrive, which was never as high as mine to begin with, dropped to almost zero. I tried to make it work but living without sex was a no no for me. It was the major reason for breaking up.

Now I have been single for so long and used to do exactly what I want to do I cannot imagine sharing a life with someone and having to take someone elses needs or desires into account. Sometimes I miss having a buddy/partner/mate but in general I'm a happy single. And can have sex with whoever I like. 

For me it comes down to principle vs person. 

i think monogamy, or many other relational agreements, run into trouble when the principle becomes more important than the person. Life is fluid, as are people who are alive. We change. Making a static rule that one must always adhere to seems to me to presume a future we cannot know. So people end up cheating to maintain appearance, or they suppress what is to supposedly preserve what should be. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, tallslenderguy said:

to supposedly preserve what should be.

The worst case being, when that "should be" is proscribed by other, ill-intentioned people interested only in preserving their own selfish position.  

• Upvote 1

i'm like that now. casual sex doesn't excite me. it hasn't for a while now. sex with one man that i love has a more powerful feeling to it. more powerful orgasms. it is more fun and exciting, and in my experience it has been more creative. even the most mediocre sex feels a lot better than hot sex with a hookup.

2 hours ago, Leatherman667 said:

I am sorry to say but I could not be monogamous! I have to be with anonymous people and have anonymous sex as much as possible! I have never been able to have a monogamous relationship!

FWIW, that's not a position you should feel the need to apologize for. It's a perfectly valid viewpoint, and if you've reached that outlook after consideration of what you want and need, more power to you.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, PushMePullYou said:

My hubby and I are open. I think sex is like a restaurant menu. Do you really want to eat the same meatloaf platter every day for the rest of your life? I say, no! Order the daily specials and enjoy.

Well sometimes the meatloaf is particularly delicious and so a few repeats are in order.  But indeed, variety for me is important too.  

• Like 1

It's a very interesting question. 

Whenever I was in a relationship I was 100% monogamous. I think my problem was I became "too devoted" and showed too much love. I haven't been in a relationship for years. During my penultimate relationship I became pretty sure he started fucking around elsewhere, in spite of denying me sex and affection. 

Now I wouldn't trust anyone to be worthy of commitment, although so many would be. I think things have moved on so much I'd rather be selfish, do what I want when I want and be a slut whenever possible.      

Edited by VersGuyAnon
  • Like 3