Side Effects From Poppers?

Jake258

Hi guys,

First post on here after being a shadow follower for some time.

Just a general question, has anyone experienced any side effects from poppers? I'm really talking about hours worth of use rather than just a one/two hit sort of thing.

Just curious if anyone's experienced anything.

Years ago, when I first started using poppers, and using them heavily, I had a very unfortunate side effect.  I was not aware of just how caustic they were/are.  I was apparently sloppy with my huffing, and must have gotten some of the liquid on my nostril rim.  Very obvious, and slightly uncomfortable scabs appeared.  They healed quickly (like within a week), but they were so obvious that they attracted the attention of coworkers.  I explained them as cold sores.  I've learned to be more careful since then.

• Upvote 2

I experience symptoms such as a very hard cock, a throbbing sensation in my cock, loss of inhibitions and 10 times out of 10, end up with a pool of cum on my stomach.

But seriously.. Sometimes I get a cough not unlike the cough I have after smoking a lot. But it goes away within a few hours. Some guys I've been with won't use them because of headaches. I've never had that problem.

• Upvote 3

As lungfucker said, make sure you don't get any popper fluid on your nostrils. I made the same mistake and had sores for about a week. Had to explain where those came from. Had to invent a story as well. Plus it is pretty annoying.

• Upvote 3

Not long ago I accidentally snorted a nostril full of the stuff as I was not holding the bottle. I find it hot when a guy sticks a bottle under my nose and closes one nostril for me, but in this case we were not quite in sync and I would up with it up my nose. It does burn like the others have mentioned. Other than that I've never had issues such headaches. I fucking love getting poppered up and going at it.

• Upvote 2

• Moderators

Thanks guys.

Yeah - I've experienced the headaches but they usually go away with enough water - so I just put them down to dehydration.

And as for the other 'symptoms' - every time! :D

Headaches are a direct side effect of how poppers work. The dilate the blood vessels causing more blood to rush into your head ( and other places). Dilated blood vessels in your head is what causes migraines, so you are actually giving yourself a mild migraine headache. Fortunately popper headaches go away more easily.

I also sometimes get a visual artifact where the colors look too yellow in the center of my vision. This is also a known side effect that passes quickly.

The spots I see tend to change colors. I've seen red, blue, orange, yellow, and sometimes it is black... I had read that if you experience these, there is less of a chance of getting the headache. I don't know if that is fact, but I have never had a headache after any length of use.

I heve never seen the "spots". But do sometimes get a light headache. Depends on the brand you use I guess. But poppers do make me extremely horny and a total slut :-)

My favorite: Amsterdam. Gets me going everytime I use them.

• Upvote 1