Role Listings On Hookup Sites

psubigman

OK...so I've got a question. On sites like this or BBRT or any of the others, what does "versatile" actually mean? Does it mean "I can top or bottom equally well" or does it carry within it an implicit connotation that "We must flip flop in any encounter"? I realize that "versatile bottom" really means "I really only want to bottom but if I have to top you to get your dick in me I'll do it" but the plain "versatile" is unclear to me.

I'm versatile and consider myself to be equally good at both. Because of my dick and body size, I end up topping more. Also, more picky about tops. Being 6'1 and a solid 220, I can't ever bring myself to let thin guys that I outweigh my 70 pounds to top me. Go figure that they have the biggest dicks.  I take versatile to mean "either way" or "up to you".

Anyway, for me it depends on the guy/who's cleaned out/chemistry. In my experience, who's doing what was already established before meeting up. I'd love to flip but most guys can't do both in one session (including me). If you get fucked right, you're dick is often limp after. Sometimes I have an exception and cock rings really help. But yah.

• Upvote 1

Off topic question:  Why do people begin their posts with "OK"?

I've known most of my life that I was a top even before I had ever had sex.  The only time that I ever considered being versatile was when I meet a person that I thought was gorgeous and would do any thing to have sex with him.  Even if that meant I had to let him fuck me.  That only happened once and that was when I first came out.  I thought that if I would put out, he would return the favor, but it didn't happen. 

In my experience versatile means the guy is a bottom but can't bring himself to admit it. lol

I agree! And I'm guilty of it too

Think there needs to be a movement 'proud to be a bttm'

There is a stigma attached to being a bottom, like it's a woman's position, or the person is less than a man, or weak etc

Ditto Tiger. I rarely find a versatile who isn't a bottom, so I don't even approach a person who says they are. I get it I guess. I top maybe once a year, but always label myself "total" or "strict bottom" and amazed at the guys who still want me to top or be versatile, I've even gotten to the place in ads of saying I only get fucked, not into oral, etc. I'm nice about it, I respect everyone has their taste, I'm just trying to save us all time and find the tops who only want to breed ass. When I describe myself as a bottom cunt cum slut, I generally get the kinda guy I'm looking for, no confusion. :-)

Versatile in my profiles means I will top, bottom, or flip. I enjoy doing both and don't lean either way.

same here, but for me it also depends on the person.  If the guy has a bigger body type im more likely to bottom.  I just dont enjoy fucking large ass's that much.  If its a more thin guy with a nice ass, its just on the person.  I prefer to flip, but can only top or only bottom 

I am truly versatile and I advertise as such on BBRT. I'd say the greater majority of guys out there I would flip fuck with. There are some guys though, like guys who are bigger or more hung than me who I would prefer to bottom for and conversely, guys who are smaller than me and maybe not so hung (but have a great hole) that I would prefer to top. But I consider myself to be good at both topping and bottoming. I have pleased both tops and bottoms very much so I know where my talents lie and when to use them.

What pisses me off are the guys who advertise that they are versatile but really always only seem to want to bottom. Kind of like the guy I met this past Friday. Claimed to be entirely versatile and told me he wanted to swap loads and have a great time flip fucking with me. Then when I showed up, he went completely into bottom mode. I was happy to top him, he did have a great ass, but he also had a nice dick I was hoping to get a little of too.

So I see both sides of it with guys who claim to be vers but always seem to actually only bottom. I think that they believe they'll get everyone's attention if they claim to be vers but the truth comes out when you start talking to them.

• Upvote 2

I am a proud bottom. Not ashamed at all. Generally I use vers bottom because I do like to top at times especially if the guy has a nice little ass. It really depends on my mood. Sometimes I change to versitile because I am more in a topping mood. Although rare now, there are times when I really just want to top. also, while I tend to favor getting fucked, I'm versitile in just about everything else. And when I fist, I'm mainly a top. So I am rather fluid when it comes to sex.

• Upvote 1