Prep Side Effects

hurri

The only side affect for me is that pre prep, I used to be fussy about who's cock I took and was always careful. Now as long as the cock is hard and raw, then I want it in me. Prep has let me be the dirty piggy cum slut I always wanted to be but never thought I could be.

• Upvote 1

bc8,

How are you now feeling on PrEP the second time around? Are you still lethargic and have a lack of libido? This is my sixth months on PrEP. I feel very horny now. I just wish more guys in Toronto engaged in bareback sex.

Read1

• 1 month later...

I'm on day 3 of using PrEP.  Only side effects I notice so far is just a slight stomach pain and sleepiness.  I try and schedule it at night before bed time.  I been trying hard not to attend some of these bareback parties that are popping up until my 7th day. 

I had no side effects for a while, but I had an allergic reaction about two months in. I took it in the morning with food, never had a problem with stomach pain that way. Never got to go to a bareback party while I was on it unfortunately, good luck and have loads of fun ;)

been on it 2+ years.  no side effects ever, but I know other guys with various side effects and a couple have had to discontinue.  Seriously took me quite a while to get comfortable getting sleazier, since it really didn't feel like it was "doing" anything lol  I've been making up for wasted time the past few months though :)

• Upvote 2

There is also a potential for change in liver function. I forget the exact test but after taking prep for a couple months I ended up just outside of the normal range on one of the liver tests. Doctor didn't contact me about it though and the next time I went in for tests it was back in the normal range and has remained there since.

• 1 year later...
On 19/09/2016 at 11:17 PM, dude8688 said:

Can it be taken topically? Like, for a month or so while a guy wants some raw fun, say if he knew he was visiting a place he's more likely to be taking regular bare dick? If he has enough Prep in his system (over 7 days worth right?) Could he theoretically enjoy his filthy trip (barring any sti's!)?

Hello #dude8688 , 

YES, there is a way to take PrEP just when you need it ...it is called Event Based Dosing

Most people, take the pill each day ...  called Daily PrEP - like this they feel "ready to go" at all times and don't have to worry.

EVENT BASED DOSING is for people who do not want to take a daily.  It is an option to just use PrEP when they need it. This option is important if you dont have bare sex very often, and also if you usually know when you will have sex.

The way it works is following:

• Take a double dose of PrEP (two pills) before you have sex.

Ideally this should be the day before (24 hours before)  

but they say that between 2 and 24 hours it will give you correct protection.

• Take a single dose (one pill) 24 hours later
  • Take another single dose (one pill) the following day 

You should aim to take two single pills after you have sex, roughly 24 hours and 48 hours after the initial double dose. If you continue to have bare sex, like you mentioned in your question, take a single pill (=dose) every day you have bare sex. After the last condomless sex = bare session, continue a single dose to cover the next 48 hours.

As always - it is best to consult your doctor and discuss these options with him! 

I hope that this answers your question and might be considered helpful information by others too. 

Edited by FFun2BB
  • Upvote 2

A buddy of mine told me he started having "intense dreams" also the first couple weeks.  Even used the word "scary".  That was a couple weeks ago - need to follow up with him and ask if they've subsided.  Most guys say no side effects, but have also heard about it increasing issues of depression to the point of stopping.

5 hours ago, justsexnowatl said:

A buddy of mine told me he started having "intense dreams" also the first couple weeks.  Even used the word "scary".  That was a couple weeks ago - need to follow up with him and ask if they've subsided.  Most guys say no side effects, but have also heard about it increasing issues of depression to the point of stopping.

In regards of the dreams ... you can overcome this in taking the pill in the morning with your breakfast or coffee... like this it's is in your system and by the time you go to bed at night you will sleep peacefully ....