If it was up to you to set a new age of consent, what would the age be and why?

rawTOP

What age of consent would you choose?  

1,744 members have voted

1. 1. What age of consent would you choose?

• No age of consent - just stiffen penalties for rape if victim is under 18
    • Keep it at 18

On 11/19/2010 at 11:51 AM, ashattacks said:

Considering i started "playing" with boys my age when i was 5/6.

I started jerking off when i was 9 (i went through 2 teddy bears in 6 months)

And i lost my glorious V when i was 11.

I was cruising ManJam, Gay Romeo and Gaydar when i was 12 (though once speaking in private i was always open and honest about my age) and i got a hell of a lot of offers.

Now that i'm a bit older, i wouldnt change they way i went at all.

It's made me who i am today, smart, savy (i'm head of the school news paper, head of prom comittee, on the student Representative board, prefect for my year, i have a freelance job and an internship!)

And the craziest thing is, most of the stuff i have learnt in life that has gotten me this far, i learnt when i was 12/13 from meeting guys!

Everyone matures at a different speed, i matured fast, but i know some guys my age that are still virgins.

I have always believed that age is no barrier (i date men twice my age most of the time).

What happens behind closed doors, is no body's business except the boys/men that are experiencing it.

Simple as that :)

the earlier you start, the better you get at it

• Like 2
  • Piggy 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had a very close relationship with my uncle who caught me jacking off at around 11. He started by taking off his pants when we were alone. I was amazed that it was bigger than my brothers “ and dad’s. Hairy uncut big balls brown Mexican cock. He later brought his son from another marriage to hang with us. He was probably 17-18 and my first threesome happened at 12 or 13. I consented to always being the bottom when they want to cum. It was hot but there were times when I felt pressured to bottom and suck. Once it was very rough that my butt hurt a bit and it was cuz cousin I was eithe drunk or mad. I loved every min of his manly aggression. Next day, he got me naked,  put lotion on my body and kissed/ licked/ rimmed my hole very erotically and lovingly. Can’t forget that moment . 
In short, being a slut at an early age is not ideal but if you handle it well or happen to have the chance to explore with trusted family members, I’d say it’s better than a random guy online. Consent age is complicated. I feel for the people who have had negative experiences and understand my case is a lucky one. 

I flagged "keep it at 18" because, yes, times have changed, young people can know more about sex, and early. 

But together with the twisted 47-years-old guy enjoying dirty chats on bz and of course nasty sex, I'm also a computer professional who knows the danger of unsafe sexting -and sex-... 

At 12, 13 but even 16, a person still has to understand themselves, especially younger age they might know everything about sex but not having enough parameters to "select" people to trust or not; true, love affection and trust are feelings that are difficult to be learnt even when grown up; but when you are an adult you have more ways to defend yourself. 

Not in all countries of the world we have proper sex -and digital- education, so, at least age of consent may give a protection apparently. 

Call me fanatic, or fearful, or something worse, but having seen in person -at work- how an adult can manipulate a minor, well, I'd not agree with a possibility to decrease consent age; if it were up to me, I'd start strict digital education, and sex education, from 10 years old to 20. It's normal to be naive when young, but why should a teen hit the wall if they can prevent it? 

Sorry, maybe I'm upset after having watched "web of lies" tv show; call me the boring man, I'll accept it LOL. 

Even at 47, almost 48, I don't send sex-explicit pics on the net, it's my choice and no one has the right to judge me about it; let alone a teen! Teens are confident even without knowing who's on the other side! Then bullying, blackmailing, and even something worse - NO!!! 

And, notice: I'm the one to get excited reading stories where an older poz guy helps a 18 or 20-years-old naive boy through sexuality thanks to experience. But I hate when those plots lead to forceful acts, stealthing, drugs... Awareness. Always.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I’ve said previously, that it should be no younger than 16.  But, I’d go no lower than 17, mostlikely 18.

One thing that I haven’t seen mentioned, is the physical ability for a young guy to be able to be fucked.  If he is too young and small, there could be serious damage.

I have no desire to fuck a virgin of any age.  I would want the first time for any guy to be total pleasure.  It would rip me up if I hurt him in any way.

• 1 month later...

I don’t think you can decide at what age somebody is ready for sex. There always have to be mutual consent. When there is a big age different between partners , the older one always have to keep in mind that the younger one isn’t able to understand the possible future consequences. Therefor it’s better the older one tempers the younger ones lust instead of promoting take new steps. For this reason I think 18 is a good guideline but not written in stone

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was 13 the first time I found out about M4M sex. I was in a park walking the trails and came upon 2 guys having sex on the trail (one sucking the other), I got so horned up that I ended up sucking one and letting the other fuck me there on the trail BB. I never stopped after that. I guess if I know what I was getting into and enjoyed it, then my point of consent would be 13.

Difficult to reason here. I was raped at 13 by two older schoolboys. I was after that well 14 nearly 15 before the bearded man came deep in me after an anon fucking. I think it should stay at 18 but rape is difficult at any age. I like many have bigger and thicker cocks as the years pass and the thrusting and pounding I've received over the years. So yes definitely 18.  

I don't believe the government should be involved in any way regulating relationships.  Period. 

Regardless of the actual age of consent in different jurisdictions, it's patently ridiculous that at 23:59 on Sunday you're too young/know nothing/can't consent and then a minute later at midnight you suddenly become "legal".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ffbbbear said:

I don't believe the government should be involved in any way regulating relationships.  Period. 

Regardless of the actual age of consent in different jurisdictions, it's patently ridiculous that at 23:59 on Sunday you're too young/know nothing/can't consent and then a minute later at midnight you suddenly become "legal".

I agree  with this 100%. In pre-industrial age Europe and N. America Girls were commonly married by 14 or 15. I had sex with a girl for the first time at 15. She was 14. It damaged neither of us a whit. For me it felt like a rite of passage, I realized I was entering adulthood. I wasn't involved in anything gay back then but I don't believe it would have had any deleterious effects if I was.

And it damned sure is none of the government's business to try to dictate morality. There was a stain of puritanism that entered this country during colonial times and it persists to this day. I simply cannot wrap my head around the conviction some have that they have any right at all to impose their morality on others.

Not all kids mature sexually at a certain age.  I know and accept that there has to be some age-limit, but I think that the sexual maturity of the guy in question should somehow be accommodated too.  

In junior high swimming class (held with all guys naked), there were guys who's Cocks were mere nubs - not one pubic hair - and some guys with a full bush of pubes, and clearly an able Cock & balls.  

That's not to say that a "late bloomer" can't be sexual - but laying down the law at X age without taking into account the physical maturity of the kid seems a bit too iron-clad. 

Maybe I'm just a bit on the jaded side 😁

On 11/22/2023 at 5:59 AM, ffbbbear said:

I agree with a lot of what you are saying.  Being older, sex seemed to be a lot more open and a lot less talked about when I was growing up.  I could not imagine doing what I did at the age I was doing it and not someone making a big deal of it. Everyone knew I was sexually active early on, no one said a word. I remember going to school picture day with a turtleneck because of love bites up and down my neck from consensual sex the day before. My teacher (male) just adjusted my collar before the picture and said something like "looks like you had fun last night" and winked. I could not imagine that happening now. 

• Like 1