vacationing in Greece

NLbear

I am thinking about vacationing in Greece next year. 

Does anyone have any recommendations in terms of locations (preferably on one of the islands but not necessarily), hotels/apartments etc. where an older gay guy wouldn't be out of place? Where you are likely to meet other men and not be surrounded by families or straight couples?

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I don't know if you have gon on your holiday and of cause with the lockdown on the moment it's hard to say when you could come.    On the gay visiting side,  If you like the party/club thing then look around the island of Mykonos but that is also expensive.   If your more of a history/foody person then Athens around the Karameikos area where you will find  [think before following links] https://attraxx.gr/en/home-2/ and others.  Of cause staying in Athens also means you could visit me on the Island of Aegina just an hour by boat and with the best kept temple in Greece.  

Keep in mind that in general the Greeks are very health focused and as much as you will find some BB's most(in my limited experance) will demand use of condoms.

I love Greece!  Hope you still get to go.  Mykonos is great and you won't have a problem finding BB there.  Everyone is partying the night away.  Just go to Jackie O's and Babylon and pick a hot guy to bring home.   Also, all the apps light up when guys are getting home from the bars.   They key is to be able to host.  Most are traveling with friends and cannot.   If you can host, and are on the hill just above Mykonos town where there are a lot of hotels, you will cleanup.

I've had mixed results in Athens.   I don't speak Greek (at all) and Greece has one of the lowest rates of English speakers in Europe which makes hooking up harder.   There are two Saunas.  The one near parliament square (Flex IIRC) is supposed to be fun but I haven't had time to go the free time I'e been in the city.   I went to Alexander Sauna one night with friends but it was pretty dead.  Granted, it was the night that Greece voted against leaving the European Union in 2015 and there had been riots in Athens the whole day.  Probably not representative of a normal night. 

Funny with hindsight and in the current moment.   Civil unrest and financial crisis didn't stop me from traveling but one mutation of a corona virus.....   I haven't thought about that trip in a very long time. 

• 1 year later...

Bump. As a Greek-American, i want to book and breed some furry Greek/Euro men for a couple of weeks. Ideally in different places (Athens, somewhere in the Peloponnese, Crete, and the islands). I don’t want to be in a place where I’ll have to wait til everyone’s late night inebriated either, which sounds like Mykonos. 

I never got to go to Greece. The pandemic made sure of that. Still interested. Maybe Crete or a different island in September or so. But there's very little info online about places where you may get "lucky". If I were a 20-something guy one of the party hotspots may be it, but that's (no longer) my scene.

• 4 months later...