"You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day"

Guest Az921

14 hours ago, snmx518 said:

I'm allowed 0 private messages a day, and I want to get in touch with some other people as soon as possible

Then you need to participate publicly, and repeatedly, in the forums here, demonstrating you can follow the site's rules and have something to contribute. 

Thank you, I just discovered this forum and I love it here. I've been in a lot of pain because I've been infected by someone else, I don't want to, it's had a huge impact on my life. But here I find a lot of people like me who are very enlightened. I will come to the forum often to interact, thank you again

On 4/28/2022 at 1:21 AM, snmx518 said:

I will come to the forum often to interact, thank you again

Coming to the forum to interact does not mean posting a personal ad in the General discussion forum asking people to private message you for a hookup, as you have just done - especially after the site owner just explained to you why he doesn’t encourage people to communicate by direct messaging on the site. Posting the wrong thing in the wrong place can actually set you back in terms of access to the site. You would be better off reading and getting to know how the forum works than wildly misposting the first chance you get.

Edited by ErosWired

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Summatyme said:

I cant message either anymore... can someone fix. Thank you!

You have only made 13 posts. You have never been able to message (at least not initiating a message). That ability comes with considerably more interaction online.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Summatyme said:

Only you can fix it. Read the rest of the topic where you posted this to learn how this works.

• Piggy 1

10 hours ago, Summatyme said:

Hi, I have sent over 90 posts and have only just been upgraded to be allowed to send new messages...  I know it's frustrating, but keep contributing to this site and you will be also be upgraded in due course...

This web site costs nothing to be a member of, but privaliges have to be earned...

All the best

• Moderators
23 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

You have only made 13 posts. You have never been able to message (at least not initiating a message). That ability comes with considerably more interaction online.

@Summatyme has been a member for 9 years or so. When he initially joined, those restrictions were not in place. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cagedclit1 said:

just too hard to be able to communicate with other member. 

This suggests a misunderstanding of the site’s primary purpose. Breedingzone is a discussion forum, not a chat room. It’s not engineered to facilitate people going off into private conversations, because if everyone did that there wouldn’t be robust public discussion and sharing of ideas. I seldom ever send people messages because I say what I need to say on the boards.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I well-understand how getting accustomed to how BZ works can be frustrating at first.  But, keep posting/responding to other's posts, and gradually those irritations will fade away.  To me, the discourse, exchange of ideas is the only reason I come here.  It's not designed to be another cruise site.  Hope you guys stay. contribute to the discussions, and enjoy it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Same; joined 2016 and just reached “Participant”. Extremely aggressive limitations, probably why this forum isn’t very busy. If you don’t let new users participating for literally years it’s hard to drive popularity.  Finally have few enough restrictions that I can actually afford to post, comment, react and engage. 

1 hour ago, kinkatx said:

Same; joined 2016 and just reached “Participant”. Extremely aggressive limitations, probably why this forum isn’t very busy. If you don’t let new users participating for literally years it’s hard to drive popularity.  Finally have few enough restrictions that I can actually afford to post, comment, react and engage. 

New users can participate, extensively. They just can't private message other members until they've proven by *public* participation that they can be trusted.

From the beginning a new member can make several posts a day (I'm not sure if it's 5, or what, but it's not limited to a single posting). That post can be a new topic entirely or a reply to an existing topic. A new member who makes two or three posts a day for a couple of weeks very quickly advances to a higher level.

Your profile (look to the left of your post, above) says this is your 29th post. Since February, 2016, or more than 7 years. That's an average of fewer than four posts per year. If you only just now "have few enough restrictions" that you can engage enough to satisfy yourself, blame your lack of effort to engage for seven years, not "extremely aggressive limitations".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have regularly hit limits every time I’ve tried to engage with this site and have as recently as yesterday and it’s frustrating so I leave, forget about it for months or even years and then come across it again. The limits are the most extreme I’ve ever seen on any forum…. Been on tons of forums since the 90s.

Honestly I don’t think I’ve even seen a forum with these sort of limits; there are tons of better ways to deal with spammers than restricting user interaction from an administration/application stand point. 

Your response is not helpful and doesn’t add any value to a thread of users offering feedback on the platform. 

Edited by kinkatx

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.