What are you plans with the Onlyfans news?

blkoraltm

Pretty simple, don't use onlyfans. 

Noone forces anyone into using any platform. You have free will, and can decide for yourself. But maybe the internet is going the way it was destined to do. The rich control it, they are now trying to limit what the plebes can see...Decide for yourself what you desire, what you want, don't accept a corporate future

• Like 1

It sucks. I’m sure Chatturbate and others are next. All in the guise of stopping human trafficking but the reality is it will all move somewhere else. You can still drive Harry Hines and see the working girls (and boys) out doing their thing. Onlyfans by and large gave a platform for everyday folks to make a little extra money to chase their dreams or feed their habits and who was hurt? Are some of the people forced to do it? I’m sure. But again, they’ll now be forced out in the streets and bars to make that money and that’s WAY riskier to them. So who’s really getting hurt here?

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't worry much at all.

For starters, sex work has been around since the beginnings of recorded history. It always finds a way.

Secondly, OF is not the only site of its type out there. There's JustForFans, for one, which I believe is owned and operated by sex workers FOR sex workers. There's one called 4my.fans, which I don't know a lot about, but which may (or may not) be more oriented toward full-time sex workers.

I'm not saying it's a good thing this is happening - just that efforts to ban sex work always, inevitably, fail.

Site note: I remember reading several years ago about a scientist who taught capuchin monkeys the rudiments of money, using small silver disks with a center hole as "currency". They were given a small number of these disks on a regular basis, which they could exchange for a treat, like a grape. The monkeys independently learned to budget (not turning in all their tokens at once, so they'd have more for treats later); they learned that if the "price" of something went down, they should "buy" more while it was cheap, and buy less when the price went up; and so forth. Then, completely independently, some of the female monkeys started resisting sexual advances from the males unless the males forked over one of the tokens first. Apparently at some level, once primates (these, at least) figured out the concept of buying things, sex becomes one of the first things to hit the market.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Moderators
19 hours ago, blkoraltm said:

I just no with the lack of sex during the pandemic it was my go to for a good load or 2.  Let me know who on other platforms has good content

Everyone I have followed on OF either already had a JustForFans site or is starting one. Most of them are planning to migrate all the old content. There will be some disruption, but it should not be too bad. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/20/2021 at 3:22 PM, BootmanLA said:

Site note: I remember reading several years ago about a scientist who taught capuchin monkeys the rudiments of money, using small silver disks with a center hole as "currency". They were given a small number of these disks on a regular basis, which they could exchange for a treat, like a grape. The monkeys independently learned to budget (not turning in all their tokens at once, so they'd have more for treats later); they learned that if the "price" of something went down, they should "buy" more while it was cheap, and buy less when the price went up; and so forth. Then, completely independently, some of the female monkeys started resisting sexual advances from the males unless the males forked over one of the tokens first. Apparently at some level, once primates (these, at least) figured out the concept of buying things, sex becomes one of the first things to hit the market.

Do you have a link to this story? Sounds fascinating

12 hours ago, bbinbpark said:

Do you have a link to this story? Sounds fascinating

There's a lengthy piece on the New York Times website, but it's presumably behind their paywall ([think before following links] https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/05/magazine/monkey-business.html) - I have a hard time keeping track since I subscribe there and to WaPo.

This one is shorter, but more likely publicly accessible: [think before following links] https://www.zmescience.com/research/how-scientists-tught-monkeys-the-concept-of-money-not-long-after-the-first-prostitute-monkey-appeared/