I was demonised for a previous post.

I was put in the penalty box for around a week a few years ago because I posted something in the general forum that was judged to have been appropriate only in the back room. I didn't feel personally slighted or play some petty "what about this other post by somebody else" game.

I felt bummed that I couldn't post for a while rather than just getting a warning for a first offense. I didn't feel like the moderator had some personal vendetta against me or was favoring someone else.

This website has rules about posting content. It's possible to go waaaaaay farther with extreme content here than just about anywhere else on the legitimate Internet. I'm grateful for it and enjoy reading what other members are doing and fantasizing about.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pozsewerpig said:

I was put in the penalty box for around a week a few years ago because I posted something in the general forum that was judged to have been appropriate only in the back room. I didn't feel personally slighted or play some petty "what about this other post by somebody else" game.

I felt bummed that I couldn't post for a while rather than just getting a warning for a first offense. I didn't feel like the moderator had some personal vendetta against me or was favoring someone else.

This website has rules about posting content. It's possible to go waaaaaay farther with extreme content here than just about anywhere else on the legitimate Internet. I'm grateful for it and enjoy reading what other members are doing and fantasizing about.

I'm not being petty.vyou may think so and that's a matter for you. When I posted the question to poz tops I was asking and I stressed I wasn't judging them, do you go out for sex intending to infect someone especially a young 18yr old who's gay, horny with a cute bubble butt would the top really want to make this guy I'll just for the sake of a shag. Sorry if I didn't explain it enough.  Actually this comment has attracted more, a lot more in this forum than the question did. I don't hold any spite of grudge against the guy who posted the topic. Fair game to him.  This forum and especially the backroom is for asking questions and comments from many people of different backgrounds and tastes and I, if needing a quick jerk would have read some of the stories or topics. Sorry to have offended you. And thanks to all those who contributed to my posts and left comments and awarded points to me. Again a big thank you 

I totally understand the position the MODS are in, and I also know 99% of what members write here is never intended to run afoul of the rules.

HOWEVER, I do have some real issue on the methods used. As an example, WhtHole4U USED to be a very active member on here, and contributed numerous writings and stories, which in turn drew more members to the site.  In his last story ever written here, he let his imagination get a little too deep into [banned word] , and was suspended 30 days and it pissed him off. He has never returned. And we members are worse off for it, his stories were the stuff of multiple orgasms  with each chapter posted. This was an author who posted complete stories, finishing each one .He was involved posting comments. And when he fucked up , instead of delving in and working with him in a kinder/gentler approach, he was suspended. Boom. No, hey, this is hot, but we really need the (...) changed and then we can let it fly high. Not only did it piss him off, I think other terms might be embarrassed, hurt, insulted. Another writer recently got pounced on for one of the chapters he wrote and posted, and was also suspended for a while. Why not just reach out to the person and ask them to edit, or rewrite that chapter, .It is sort of the harsh "kick to the balls"  to the very members who contribute to the site, that will result in fewer and fewer guys willing to contribute to this site, for fear of suffering the same fate. And pretty soon, this will just become another internet ghost, much like AOL chat rooms or ManHunt. 

If the argument for not working one on one with a member with a problem post  has to do with the sheer volume of posts MODS have to post, then perhaps the solution isn't to deter members from participating, but to add a few more MODS so the work isn't as overwhelming.

As to the OP - I have been on here since Sept 2010, and when the whole scare happened about credit card companies not processing charges from  websites promoting/engaged in illicit activities ( RentMen, CraigsList among them) I was nailed with  8 punishment points ,not for creating a post about something that had now become a no- no on the site, but for having replied a couple years prior to something someone else had created. Those stupid fucking points laid there on my profile for ages, and just in the last year or two finally were purged. But for someone who tries to color within the lines, those points were insulting. When I wrote in about it, I was told they meant nothing and not to worry. IF they meant nothing, they never should have been there. And it ought to have been immediately obvious, they did mean something, at least to me. So yeah, I understand your anger and frustration- but I also hope you will let this pass and stick with the site. Perhaps in less than 12 years your punishment points will also disappear from your profile .

• Like 1

My impression is that the responsibilities of moderating are spread between a relatively thin pool of volunteers.  If that's the case, I can at least understand how a snap decision can be made, even one not well thought-out.  I know some guys get an infraction for whatever (I have), and take it personally, (I didn't), but they're not charging us dough to take part in what is a pretty cool site.  There may very well be some moderator that's a bit full of himself occasionally, but on the whole BZ is well worth taking part in.  

I'm sorry the guy whose input you admired got pissed off and quit.  There's still a lot of worthwhile commentary here that's useful for a lot of guys too.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

How about a section with no moderator, no censorship, no oversears. 

A true "enter at your own risk", type of subforum, for members only. No option to "I m gonna cry and tell mummy" because I'm a grownass male fully capable of dealing with hate, threats... all the fun stuff.

Just a thought

Steve

PS. Now, if "mummy" is Joan's Fae Dunnaway, then the 😢 and telling is a must.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, muscmtl said:

A true "enter at your own risk", type of subforum, for members only. No option to "I m gonna cry and tell mummy" because I'm a grownass male fully capable of dealing with hate, threats... all the fun stuff.

In principle, that's a fine idea. In practice, the Backroom is as close to that as our fearless host @rawTOP is willing to go.

Because.

• A lot of people out there and on here are NOT grownass adults.
  • A lot of other people out there (and hopefully not on here, but as a matter of cold hard reality, nothing is stopping them from signing up) are actively out to get us. Obscenity laws and FOSTA/SESTA and new obscenity laws in various jurisdictions (thanks a bundle, Moms For Liberty) are a very real thing. Litigation is expensive.

I'm sure I could come up with other reasons, but you get the point. @rawTOP has actually spelled all of this out in detail here (and in topics referenced therein):

As for anyone being "demonized" or "abused" by the moderators - the idea that a system in which there are rules that are enforced, with a way of bookkeeping and assigning penalties that is not arbitrary (there are actually standard penalties for all of these categories) - is tantamount to abuse or demonization is childish at best. Try to think of a 6-point penalty as the BZ equivalent of a speeding ticket.  Because that's what it is.

That said, we really do try (admittedly harder on some days than on others) to apply them all fairly and to give people the benefit of the doubt if something is minor, or clearly an overstepping in the heat of the moment, or a newbie mistake, or any number of other mitigating factors. More than once, I have done exactly as @AlwaysOpen suggests above and reached out to an author to iron things out before simply handing out penalties.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 4

I am returning after 3 months and move of a " hot post" that landed me in trouble with the authorities. 

I just wanted to add my two cents to this discussion.  What made me come back is among other things the fact that people continued to post to the threads I had started which made me realize, while some or many might disagree with what I had to say, it still seemed to interest people enough to post their thoughts, even if it was in opposition to what i had say.  This I believe is the hallmark of a great question and people should try relate to a question either negative or positively, and respond to it. 

I am not going to go into the details of what  was said to me, yet I believe banning people or censuring people is not the best approach. I inherently dislike censorship as I grew up with Breeders who liked to shut down any discussion that would go against the dogma of religion. 

While I do immensely appreciate the people who created this beautiful side,  and the volunteers who I understand do this in their free time, I still believe in notions of free thought and expression, which seems to be on the decline...

A quote from an Anglican-American writer, Clare Boothe Luce author of the 1936 play The Women, which had an all-female cast, seems relevant to our situation. 

"Censorship, like charity, should begin at home; but unlike charity, it should end there." 

Censorship is control.  i think anyone who wants and loves freedom will agree that control also needs control.  

i am grateful to rawTOP and the moderators for the BZ. i'm also grateful for the contributing members.  As others have implied, i think a hallmark of any substantial discussion is the exercise of self censorship and maturity of its members. To me, a mature person acknowledges that they can be  wrong, and admits  when they are. Sort of a self censorship?  None of us would be here if someone had not pushed against boundaries. Hell,  we might  all be in prison.  i think questioning authority is a good and proper exercise.

That said, there are benevolent organizations  with well meaning leaders, and then there's North Korea. my attitude and demeanor towards the first it going to be different  from my attitude and demeanor towards the latter. 

i think this  community does a good job with checks and balances and has provided us with a forum that pushes social boundaries. i think participation in discussions like this are good and necessary to help keep evolution alive and thriving. i think it's noteworthy that we can have them, uncensored. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, muscmtl said:

Just a thought

Just what we need. An open cesspool in which hate, threats, obscenity, and the rest of the vile boils on the underbelly of humanity can fester. Because only the grownups who can deal with it would go there.

No, they fucking wouldn’t. It would become a magnet for every immature, insecure, antisocial asshole who never learned how to act like a human being, let alone an adult. And then, when it became insufferable, the actual adults in the room would stop coming because of the toxicity. Humans don’t behave well by default. The whole reason we have rules, laws, governments that control society is that left to their own devices, people start knifing each other.

Don’t believe me? Allow me to introduce you to social media, which, by giving people the ability to act anonymously and dodge accountability for their online behavior, has shit-canned our society’s civil discourse, with every indication of worse to come. What do you think happened to places like 4-Chan? The Net is replete with examples of why No-Rules spaces online are a horrible idea. I was a Mod on a discussion forum for almost 18 years, and the single biggest headache we had was the chat room, because people could. not. restrain. themselves. from going off on each other.

Frankly, anyone who actually considers hate and threats ‘fun stuff’ kind of makes the case for moderation.

• Upvote 1

@viking8x6

".A lot of people out there and on here are NOT grownass adults.
.A lot of other people out there (and hopefully not on here, but as a matter of cold hard reality, nothing is stopping them from signing up) are actively out to get us. Obscenity laws and FOSTA/SESTA and new obscenity laws in various jurisdictions (thanks a bundle, Moms For Liberty) are a very real thing. Litigation is expensive.
I'm sure I could come up with other reasons, but you get the point. @rawTOP has actually spelled all of this out in detail here (and in topics referenced therein)"

NAMES AND ADDRESSES PLEASE! I WAS BORN TO TEACH HARD PAINFUL LESSONS. 

This said. I sadly get it. @rawTOP has it the worst, all you you said makes my blood ice cold. We live in a FUKN world where a guy (more a cunt) you  had sex with 30 years ago can INVENT now that they he was raped.

Soooo dark web forums...???

22 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

the exercise of self censorship and maturity of its members

Well said.  When that sense of duty to others (meaning, either restraining our temptations to "burn' others for their shared thoughts about whatever) is not observed, the entire social construct is weakened. Not just here on BZ, but everywhere.  Sure, it takes a few years of living to recognize sometimes, but eventually the majority will learn and accept that anti-social commentary serves no constructive purpose, and only diminishes the turd-throwers. 

• Like 1

If there are no rules or no moderation then there is no Breeding Zone.  Plain and simple.  It would become the "wild Wild West" where people will be subject to despicable treatment and have little or no recourse.  Moderators are here for a reason.  To help, and to draw the line when those of us cross them.

Persoanlly, i feel safe here.  I am on another Forum regarding sports, and I made the mistake to letting one Forum member know I was gay.  To this day, I get an occasional slur thrown at me (i.e  "what does he know about football, he's just looking at the player's ass") or worse, "So you think you are going to get Monkeypox?".  These remarks just came at me randomly.

Eventually they were taken down, and the worst of the worst have been banned permanently.  But if I didn't seek out one or two openminded moderators, those guys would still be slinging those kinds of comments at me.  The two comments I quoted were mild in comparison to some of the things said to me, so let's just allow  BZ moderators and the owner do their jobs and not gripe about it.  I believe in free speech, I don't believe in harassing fellow Forum members or posting false or misleading information.

Be thankful we have a place to go, because the political climate today seems to be heading in the direction that appears to want to silence us all.  That would be a sad thing...

• Like 4

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, JamesL100 said:

I also feel there needs to be some 'protection/editing' available for the numerous posts form guys who are HnH. Often posts make no sense on their own  (or the thread)!

Please do report these if you find them problematic, especially if they're abusive to a person or group of people. It is pretty well impossible for the moderation staff to review every post made.

From @rawTOP's original topic explaining the rules:

Also, please realize, while our community is made of nasty, sweaty fuckers and pigs, that doesn't mean we can't have intelligent discussion and be polite to each other. We want a community where people feel free to express their opinion and exchange views, where nobody feels uncomfortable or insulted, even if people disagree with them. So far we have been remarkably successful in achieving that goal, but we need your help to keep it that way. If you have a problem with someone, choose your words carefully - there's always a polite way to tell someone they're wrong.

4 minutes ago, viking8x6 said:

Please do report these if you find them problematic, especially if they're abusive to a person or group of people. It is pretty well impossible for the moderation staff to review every post made.

Not abusive, just incoherent and very time sensitive .. like: sky hi NOW need cock NOW cum fill me NOW !!!