GRAN CANARIA--APRIL 2024--- Group sharing accommodation

I am organising a group of similar interest guys on another site as well. The idea is to book a few large adjoining rooms (with some rooms having 2 double beds) in aparthotels. Or complete apartments, bungalows or villas. They would be booked for a week and guys could book for any nights they wished. The rooms would be as close to max occupants as possible for each night, thus reducing the overall cost.  I would be the principal guest paying for the entire accommodation.

e.g. Say the place offered two rooms adjoining rooms  for a total of 6 people at a cost of €1000 for 6 nights. That is  €166.67 per night. Divide between six guests for that night =€27.78 per guest that night. This would not happen in practise though, so the under occupancy would be shared by all guests in the entire week. Say 7 vacancies were not taken out of the 36, that would mean €194.46 would be born by 29 guests = additional  €6.71  bring their total payment to €34.49 per night. ------ Still not a bad deal!

Everyone would pre pay for their desired nights. A temporary group could be set up on a group bill management platform and a group pay platform, so everything could be seen to be above board and fair.

Sex within the accommodation would be optional and could be restricted to one room if the others wanted to sleep.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Although I won’t be in GC during April (Jan/Feb is my usual time to go), this is a good idea! Since my partner died, I have had to travel solo quite often, and although this does have some advantages, it is usually an expensive way to do it. Travelling with friends isn’t always possible- so an option like this would be great!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Vatican666 what a brilliant idea --- even so I agree with @Spunkinmyarse that April might be a disappointing month due the weather change --- 

BUT if I may make a suggestion .. instead of rooms within a hotel or complex . ... a whole villa in its own grounds with pool and privacy might even be much more appealing, as you want to bring people together who are all likeminded and possibly interested to have all open fun with each other ... 

what fun to have all the space - indoors and outdoors - useable as one BBig glorified Gangbang space, where everyone with everyone can indulge with each other if they have the urge ... 

just an idea .. 

also make sure, that all the people who commit, will commit and pay their due upfront ... and that someone who committed and paid will not insist on refund should he suddenly have a different idea ... or chickens out ... only trying to say you to end up paying the whole tap ... 

Yes, a the whole of a private place, like a villa, bungalow or cottage would be preferable to me too if the price per head could be reduced by enough numbers attending during the week. Yes, payment upfront would be compulsory. It would not be a huge sum anyway, given the system and quota numbers involved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrisonbaiT said:

Last year i stayed in a small complex with 4 bungalows with twin beds, teracces swimming pool and private maybe An idea

@PrisonbaiT would you be able to send a weblink ??! Sounds interesting:-) 

also one should see how many people would be interested ! 

I have been to Maspalomas, I flew from JFK and changed planes in Barcelona. I was in my 20s and totally alone.  Now Maspalomas had beautiful beaches, some top less, some totally nude. My air/hotel package included a breakfast buffet and dinner.  What I found lacking was the night life.  I ended up meeting a Lybian shop owner with a huge piece of meat who would continue to come to my hotel night after night, so I had my fair share of dick.

Here is my question - is Grand Canaria the same as Maspalomas, the area with the beautiful sand dunes you walked across that eventually led to the beach?  I am just a little confused if I go back again, where exactly do I decide to stay if I want to fuck around?

2 hours ago, ellentonboy said:

Here is my question - is Grand Canaria the same as Maspalomas, the area with the beautiful sand dunes you walked across that eventually led to the beach?  I am just a little confused if I go back again, where exactly do I decide to stay if I want to fuck around?

Yea, that sounds like Gran Canaria.

Gran Canaria (GC) is how European gays often refer to the resort town of Maspalomas/Playa Del Ingles (PDI) which is in the south of Gran Canaria itself, one of the Canary Islands. Gran Canaria island is quite large, and actually has many other towns, including Las Palmas, the ninth largest city in Spain.

Maspalomas and Playa Del Inges are two parts of the same resort town- nobody know where one starts and the other ends, and the terms are often used interchangeably.

Now, I‘m not sure when you visited, and you can accuse GC of lacking many things, but nightlife is not one of them! It has a large and very active gay scene that supports dozens of bars and clubs that attract gay tourists for every corner of Europe all year round! I don’t know enough about the history of the place to know when this all started, but as far as I’m aware it’s been like that for some decades.

It’s definitely one of Europe’s hottest gay hot-spots, up there with Berlin, Amsterdam, Barcelona/Sitges, etc- but what makes it unique is that it is the only one that can boast year-round sunshine and warm temperatures: hence its popularity.

As for where to stay, the Yumbo shopping centre is at the heart of all things gay, so choose somewhere within walking distance of that (which frankly covers most of the resort). There are thousands and thousands of hotel rooms- that’s pretty much all Maspalomas is about.

Edited by Spunkinmyarse
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE   Please add your genuine interest by adding your name here. It is not enough to just post a positive reaction.

If there are not enough names by the end of January it will not be feasible to start making bookings in time to keep the shared cost of accommodation down.

bdsmlr-105300-4kuDKdnabi.jpg