Created by a Trump supporter

13 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

Agreed.  It's the triumph of UnReason ... the truth matters not one bit ... reason no longer exists ... some actually believe(!) that this corpulent bag of shit has been sent by their deity to "rescue" the country.  There just isn't any kind of reasonable conversation to be had with this crowd.  One of the terrors these folks believe in is the Anti-Christ - and they're following him with no shred of resemblance to what the man really is.  If I were anti-Religious before, I'm doubly so lately.  

As if I didn’t already liked you enough already hntnhole. Well said, thank you!

Trump supporters and opposers alike are all in danger just by the possibility that Trump may return to the WH. If enough Americans don’t wake up this may not end well.

This guy writes frequently about Capitalism and Trump. Well worth a read. If this doesn't scare you, nothing will, especially the passage about his intentions re: our community: [think before following links] https://open.substack.com/pub/thomhartmann/p/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-second-trump-ec9?r=28e6zx&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

2 hours ago, hntnhole said:

Agreed.  It's the triumph of UnReason ... the truth matters not one bit ... reason no longer exists ... some actually believe(!) that this corpulent bag of shit has been sent by their deity to "rescue" the country.  There just isn't any kind of reasonable conversation to be had with this crowd.  One of the terrors these folks believe in is the Anti-Christ - and they're following him with no shred of resemblance to what the man really is.  If I were anti-Religious before, I'm doubly so lately.  

and Donald Trump reminds me of every Evangelical preacher I've ever been forced to interact with or have heard over the airwaves. They all seem to employ very similar techniques, and gather a flock that demand that style rather than just accept it. I'm not religious, but the there are clerics within mainline Christians denominations that I can stand to listen to, and even have pleasant conversations with. Trump while not religious himself, has clearly recognized Evangelicals as a group are easy marks for his brand of fraud. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ErosWired said:

What I find so tragic is that so many people simply don’t care.

The simplest explanation for this I've seen is that Trump hates the same people they hate, so he's their guy, no matter how awful he is. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BootmanLA said:

The simplest explanation for this I've seen is that Trump hates the same people they hate, so he's their guy, no matter how awful he is. 

If that’s the case, Deplorables wasn’t the wrong word.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ErosWired said:

If that’s the case, Deplorables wasn’t the wrong word.

I never had a doubt that "Deplorables" was an accurate description of a large part of his base. Clinton said it was half of his support, but I'm seriously thinking it's higher than that.

• Upvote 1

i know the comparison to nazi Germany is to often casually used, but i see so many similarities between Trump and Hitler, as well as their ardent followers.  That concerns me.  

If possible, it seems to me that Trump has gone to an all new and lower level in his second campaign.  His personality feeds off of attention and approval, and he gets plenty of both. Trump and his followers reflect each other, and it seems the only restrictions they have is whatever they can get away with.  To me, that's a scary prospect if they gain power once again.  i believe they will be even bolder and more outrageous if they get a second go round. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, tallslenderguy said:

i know the comparison to nazi Germany is to often casually used, but i see so many similarities between Trump and Hitler, as well as their ardent followers.  That concerns me.

It cannot be used often enough. Trump is reported by his former wife Ivana to have kept and read a copy of My New Order, a collected volume of Hitler’s speeches. That’s why he so freely denies having read Mein Kampf. But it is in that book that we see Hitler’s deep conviction about the Big Lie:“…in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation…”

This is Trump’s modus operandi. Whether he got it from Hitler or not, it’s the same vile, cynical, duplicitous philosophy that inspired arguably the most evil man who ever lived. And what makes this so very dangerous is that it’s true. If Trump came up with it on his own (which I personally don’t think he has the intellect for) that damns him doubly, because the evil is utterly his own.

Imagine, just for a moment, a world in which the name ‘Trump’ eclipses the name ‘Hitler’ as the epitome of human evil. Imagine that before you vote.

How ironic that Trump is a German surname (originally Drumpf), and his paternal Grandfather emigrated from that country. But if this one becomes a tyrant, it will be America’s fault and shame, not Germany’s.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

i know the comparison to nazi Germany is to often casually used

Of course you do, because that's the case.  There are a number of events-in-common:

1.  Versailles and the waning winning strategies of the R's.  While the Treaty of Versailles ended WW one, it was particularly cruel (read punishment) for the Germans.  The parallel:  mourning the so-called "Lost Cause" - which translates in todays parlance to White Privilege.  The Germans and the French have been at each other's throats for centuries, and so have the assumed Caucasian Arbiters been squatting upon a heap of the less fortunate for centuries. All that's missing these days are the thundering jackboots and the swastika.  Hitler wasn't a corpulent pig of a man, but he did have Goering by his side from the earliest days, so maybe that made up for being fat.  

2.  Of most concern to me, and I still can hardly believe it's happening, is the Trumpanzee shouts all the stupidest lies, the nonsensical stuff that has nothing at all to do with Government, and the rabble just licks it up.  There is simply no thought-process involved.  Whatever the turds are, tumbling from one of his three chins, the so-called Evangelicals just gobble it up like slop in a hog pen.  Orange Jesus* has absolutely no concrete proposals, and thus neither do his minions in the House.  We hear in the media constantly of all the R's in Congress that secretly detest the Great Deceiver, yet mouth all the maga platitudes in public.  How could a thinking man (or woman) not be terribly concerned?  Down is the new Up to these folks. 

3.  Clearly, one error we've made in the construction of our Government, is forgetting to put term-limits on Congresspersons. All these supposed "representatives" of we, the people, have to do is parrot the official Orange line, and they're on the gravy train for life.  Same with the S.C.  Sure, there are still plenty of responsible members of Congress, but they're all mostly on the R side of the aisle. I don't blame the original authors of the Constitution; it never dawned on them that such a miscreant would run for, let alone become President.  

*of note, some say that moniker originated not with thinking persons, but with the maga crowd, some of whom actually believe that corpulent serial rapist, philanderer, con-man, circus barker, ne'er-do-well, grifter, was actually "sent" by the deity to "save" this country.  These people belong to the 10th Century, not the 21st one.  

" i believe they will be even bolder and more outrageous if they get a second go round."  

4.  Of course they will.  They're proclaiming it out loud, on a daily basis.  For instance, how does forcing one's religious belief (pick a subject) on the entire nation?  Maybe these religious zealots believe that their deity forbids murder, and extends that to the unborn.  How does that translate into "we believe x, and that allows us to force our fevered imaginings upon the rest of the nation"?  If they managed that, guess who's next?  

I find some small measure of reassurance though, in the recently reported numbers of NH voters who identify as R's, yet cannot tolerate the magoid bullshit - and either abstained, or voted for Ms. Haley.  I know the President is shifting his campaign into high gear, which is a good thing.  The R's have nothing but an empty-headed pig to offer.  The D's have a record of substantial accomplishment, both economically and creating new jobs, infrastructure improvements, any number of accomplishments, and in only 3 years.  So, there's hope.  

• Upvote 3

mist gawt made trump. didn't make his behavior or choices. parents are responsible for deliberate damage or neglect to minor children. an adult is responsible for the recovery from that damage. 

mister slumlord daddy trump did shady slumlord deeds for profit. what can i deduce or infer about the influence of daddy's job, or socialite mommy and the staggering level of deception their lifestyle required? i believe obvious answers to broad questions aren't worth a debate, so i stipulate yes. human behavior is often predictable, patterns often repeat. 

diagnosis is not predictable. it's also private. it's not a valid topic IRL with polite company and not in an online forum. i'm no rocket surgeon, and even the professionals using APA diagnostic criteria and differentials are careful to suggest possibilities, not specifics when empaneled by pundits. maybe bipolar, maybe narcissistic, in combination with insomnia, maybe personality disorder... 

the current science says babies are born on the spectrum. i don't believe any reputable quote or post from a medical expert has referenced behaviors on the spectrum. a senior who maintains a schedule of rally speeches, golf trips, fundraisers, crime, mcdonalds, and blatant hypocrisy seems likely to require mental care for job stress, physical declining physic

he's not smart, can't spell, common eglish grammar, usage, and syntax are beyond his capacity, he often slurs and stutters. his limited vocabulary is juvenile. his stream of consciousness delivery is disconnected from logic and from reality. he lacks the ability to admit or regret error, he denys, bullies, and blame others. there is the cheated the public purse, failed to execute his sworn duty and violated his oath. is it possible 

and he lies. he distorts and manipulates. on purpose. on the record. constantly.

do i seem to recall a trait that patients on the spectrum typically do not display? i do. it's that. they avoid deliberate falsehood. he's not autistic, he's a grandiose chronic liar with abominable manners. If big bird and the muppets can mind their manners, so can us filthy breeders, cum dumps, and the cum hungry felchers (me) on cleanup. no more amateur evaluations, got it, got it? unless and except for myself discussing I, me, my, and mine personal lived connection to mental health of my cortex and lobes.

it's not just crass and impolite, it's a hostile workplace/public accommodation, federal ADA discrimination violation. prejudice toward individuals on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, identity, expression, nation/language of origin, religion, age, or ability is against the law. unsupported assertion, opinion, or speculation presented in declarative syntax is a bad faith argument. objection. facts not inevidence. sustained. *gavel

observations, recordings, broadcasts, transcripts, FOIAs, social media posts, financial disclosures, motions, pleadings, contempt citations, fact checks, all fair game for supporting well-reasoned conclusions. mary trump is the first- and second-person source I'd choose to support or cite on the topic of nature/nurture. her twitter feed is richly detailed and well-writen. what portion of direct or peripheral influence did she experience? and why how and when did she not do crime while he got better at crime? can she say if he ever acknowleged responsibility, or was held accountable, or take any consequences? was he ever good? 

parents are killed in the origin stories of unenlightened orange reality clowns who choose evil adulterous murdering super-villian 

i like entitled adult millionaires who choose to save lives and combat crime.

• Upvote 1

@seekingversatility tell us how you really feel?  LOL  I am of a mind to add "but wait there's more"; but at this point what more is needed?  

Truly the candidates for President have rarely been my first choice and never the one I thought were our best choice.  Instead I go for "least bad".  That's my bar.  One doesn't need a shit ton of data and graphs to see that on one hand we have a verbose liar vs a talented but declining old man.  Grandpa Joe will still do a better job.  

Glad R's are open now about appeasing the orange clown and taking no action on their "URGENT" border security topic.  We are fighting a war; but doing nothing to resolve that war.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

As i see it, democracy is about restricting and controlling government power.  Supposedly the people get to vote for people  who represent them and their values.  Laws that are enacted and tax dollars allocated should benefit 'the people.' Of course, there's infinite variations of people and we've ended up with two grossly united, polarized groups.

The 'choices' we end up with on either side tend to bring out my inner conspiracy paranoid crazy, wondering who's really in charge?  It sure as hell isn't "the people" of the republic.    i cannot think of a politician i could say actually 'represents' me, or even most of the people i know and associate with.  It seems to me most people vote against, not for, a power structure that sort of exercises and maintains a few generally held standards.   

• Upvote 1