DoxyPEP review 2 years in: Amazing

rawfuckr

On 5/18/2024 at 4:24 AM, TallAussieBtm said:

My understanding is that the official treatment regime and assessment of efficacy is based on taking the drug within 72 hours of the sex. So, in theory, you only need to take it a maximum of once every three days. Not saying I follow that advice myself, of course! But I've only ever taken it on a couple of consecutive days, not 7 days straight.

There is enough variatin in protocols still, that I’m not sure anyone really knows.  I generally don’t play enough to worry about more than single dose.

On 5/18/2024 at 1:24 AM, TallAussieBtm said:

My understanding is that the official treatment regime and assessment of efficacy is based on taking the drug within 72 hours of the sex. So, in theory, you only need to take it a maximum of once every three days. Not saying I follow that advice myself, of course! But I've only ever taken it on a couple of consecutive days, not 7 days straight.

My doxypep Rx is clearly every day you are fucking at 200mg every day. 72 hours is probably too long to wait, the earlier after coitus the better. 

• Moderators

Standard dose of doxycycline for treatment of bacterial infections is 100-200mg/day, so taking that much isn't likely to cause any problem.

Once you've taken the initial 200mg dose, my recommendation (I'm not an MD, but I do know about pharmacodynamics) would be to continue with 100mg every 12 hours (while you're still having risky contact on a daily basis). It doesn't stick around in your body all that long, so that method will give you a steadier level, which is likely to be more effective at preventing slightly resistant bugs from gaining a foothold.

And drink plenty of water with it, and it's good to take it with food (to prevent nausea), and DON'T take it with antacids, calcium or magnesium supplements, or milk.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Naruto said:

Does doing this cause any digestive issues?

The only issue I've had taking doxy was foolishly taking it on an empty stomach after drinking too much alcohol. 🤮

I do make a point of taking probiotics regularly as I know continued antibiotic use can risk damage to the healthy bacteria in your gut.

Regarding the OP I am not as active but since doxyprep I have not had any of the sti I would normally come down with so it definitely works for me.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 3:34 AM, Spunkinmyarse said:

Doxycycline has not been approved for use as PEP in the UK, and so is not available at the moment through official channels for this particular purpose. However, it is easily (and cheaply) available online.

Some people are uncomfortable going down this route, for various reasons. However, it’s not that long ago that Prep was also unavailable through official channels, and had to be sourced online, so there is a precedent for this.

Where do you buy it online? 

4 hours ago, Chuckybb said:

Where do you buy it online? 

If you go to a website called iwantprepnow.co.uk and follow the link to the “Buy Prep now” section, you’ll find a couple of online pharmacies listed, who can supply doxycycline as well as Prep. This website was set up when Prep wasn’t available on the NHS, so you had to buy it privately online from overseas. This website and the pharmacies listed have the approval of Dean Street, the biggest sexual health clinic in London (and Europe, I think)- so you know that they can be trusted.

Dean Street are currently recommending this route for people who think they might benefit from DoxyPep, while we all wait on the NHS to get its act together on this- just like they did with Prep a few years back.

Edited by Spunkinmyarse
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I take mine every day immediately after lunch (along with several supplements and a medication for a different, non-sexual issue).  

Since I'm fairly consistent in when I head out to the fuckjoints (which has been the case for a number of years), I have noticed that there are fewer occasions when I get a little something extra.  The doc says it's most likely the Doxycycline that helps ward off the lesser bugs.  So, it's working for me.,

On 5/22/2024 at 12:15 PM, Spunkinmyarse said:

If you go to a website called iwantprepnow.co.uk and follow the link to the “Buy Prep now” section, you’ll find a couple of online pharmacies listed, who can supply doxycycline as well as Prep. This website was set up when Prep wasn’t available on the NHS, so you had to buy it privately online from overseas. This website and the pharmacies listed have the approval of Dean Street, the biggest sexual health clinic in London (and Europe, I think)- so you know that they can be trusted.

Dean Street are currently recommending this route for people who think they might benefit from DoxyPep, while we all wait on the NHS to get its act together on this- just like they did with Prep a few years back.

Thanks that was helpful. Clinics and docs in my area are not offering this yet, and I don’t want to pay $20 to wisp for a single dose every time!  Bought 100 doses for $50 including international shipping from a reputable online pharmacy you referenced. Should be here in about 2 weeks. A pain to have to do it this way (even had to convert to bitcoin to avoid using my bank info), but bought in bulk to hold me over awhile. lol. Hoping by the time I run out, my local clinic will catch up with the times and be prescribing doxypep by then. 

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have experience with Doxycycline? The first two times I took it on an empty stomach, I was fine. Last night, I got extremely nauseous and got sick. Any tips or alternatives? What’s your experience with this meds?

Any advise helps. Thanks 

Try taking after food such as oatmeal.  Donot lay down within 2 hours of taking and also doxy can cause a person to burn from the sun easier .

Do not take with other meds at the same time.

• Like 2

My prescription has these "qualifiers" on yellow stickers on it:

• It is best to avoid taking this drug at the same time as milk, dairy, or other products with calcium.
  • If medication upsets your stomach, take with a modest meal, crackers, or bread.
  • Prolonged or excessive exposure to direct and or artificial sunlight SHOULD BE AVOIDED when taking this medication

Hope this helps.

(I didn't include quote marks because everything is in ALL CAPS...)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1