Would you still keep your status if there was a cure?

bacchi1486

Between new drugs that specifically target viral infected cells, bone marrow transfusions that seem to be effective in clinical trials, and even preventative vaccine research; I have a question for any Poz guys out there. While I know a certain amount of pride comes with your status, if there was a cure for HIV/AIDS would you take it? Do you think your Chaser/ gift-giver fetish would still be a turn on for you? Just curious...

I've only been poz a few weeks, at least known about it anyway. So I would have to say Yes I would take the cure if there was one.

Only to avoid the hassles of the meds and insesent doctor visits and blood work. The ID doc finally called me and scheduled my first appoitment late in September.

I wouldn't stop barebacking though either.

Depends on what that treatment was like. For instance, I've seen people go through the treatment for hep C. Not pretty at all. So if it was like that, I probably wouldn't take advantage unless I was sure I'd be giving up my slutty ways more or less for good.

On the other hand, if it were like the treatment for most bacterial STDs, a short course of antibiotics or the like, then I'd probably go for it.

I'm not ashamed of my status or how I got it. Neither do I particularly view it as something I take great pride in. It is what it is: a virus and a consequence of engaging in the kind of activities I enjoy.

I would take the cure for sure. While it is great to play without worrying...the thought that getting a cold...or some new strain of whooping cough might kill me sucks ass! Plus the meds are a bummer. I mean to say " I am HIV so I can play freely" is a fantasy because you can still get a wide variety of STD's. So having HIV and being on treatment just means that of the MANY STD's out there..you already have one and cant get it again...unless of course you get the mutated HIV...ugh...anyways...yeah I would take the cure..LOL

Hell, if there was a cure I'd take it- my status is PIG, not POS- save me all the damn insurance co pays for the meds- and I could certainly use that extra money for fun things- like long weekends at the tubs or a new sling, or maybe even some sightseeing in strange new cities. Now, would insurance companies have to issue lower cost insurance since it wouldn't be a pre existing condition anymore?? ( I could quit my job and do early retirement; and really have fun!!) <g>

• 2 months later...

Yes, for me, its about the sex, not about the virus. I have learned to live with HIV, and take meds to keep it in check, with the hope that one day treatment will be better than what we have and we can come up with something that will truly cure the virus. I am also a believer that since HIV is a virus, once actually cured, I believe that we will then have immunity to getting it again.

• 4 weeks later...
I would take it, gratefully - so my boy in Amsterdam could poz me with his strain, which I would keep for the rest of my life, medical hassles and all.

I would be so damned honored to be the one to have pozzed you! But we might have to flip a coin because I would very much want to give up my neg status to you, too, Daddy.