Lube Alert

smslut

Not sure if I should worry or get excited. According to this article, some lubes can cause HIV to reproduce 4 times faster. Some, esp. with spermicide--as we might have already known--cause our natural, bodily defense such as beneficial bacteria or rectal lining to disintegrate.

http://www.poz.com/articles/HIV_lubricants_risk_401_19914.shtml

Another article with lubes in question.

"....Surprisingly, four of them, Astroglide Liquid, Astroglide Warming Liquid, Astroglide Glycerin & Paraben-Free Liquid, and Astroglide Silken Secret, significantly enhanced HIV-1 replication (p<0.0001). ..."

http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs/10.1089/AID.2010.0252

Maybe off topic here, but I think it just gives me an idea to mix astroglide with other petroleum-based lube too. I'm going to do some research on home-made lube and see if I could come up with one that will helps both tops and bottoms enjoy sex longer. I know some desensitising lubes are quite aggressive to the rectal membrane. I know it from my own experience once the lube wears off, it's actually burning for tops to keep going. AND that's the only reason I let the fucking continue.

• 5 months later...

I think the whole point of this thread has been lost. It is about the ability of the particular lube to cause HIV cells to replicate faster thereby causing an increased chance of conversion. Spit or precum or even none may be preferable for the sensation of fucking but (except for the tearing factor) cause no increase in the possibility of transmission of HIV.