FYI - The New "Chaser" Film Is NOT Bug Chaser Sympathetic

rawTOP

But isn't the point of what you just described that he'll get over his chasing, settle down with a good guy and be monogamous? That chasing is "just a phase" - not something you aspire to? That's better than how people saw chasers before, but still sorta sees it as undesirable.

yes, and no. The story could go anywhere. Personally what I saw was a guy who literally and figuratively got his fill at party, had a guy say hello when he was leaving, and he was being polite, but not necessarily interested. When he took the card out of his pocket at the end, I saw that as him thinking to throw it out, or keep it.

another aspect i liked about the film is the lack of HIV discussion. In a film this short, there isnt time to discuss that, and to anyone who see's it, the subtext of it is there, especially in the looks of some of the guys fucking him.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I thought the film was pretty hot. It seems like an overreach to say that he's necessarily chasing, though. I mean, he's clearly a dirty bareback slut. But actively chasing? Possibly just indifferent. Anyway, hot guy and good short flick.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to be tardy to the party... I just watched this video for the first time last night and I have to say, it really struck a cord with me. Not a bad cord, but it resonated with me in a way I wouldn't have expected a short 15 minute film to.

I think the reason it resonated with me was that I felt the main character in the film is just like me. The similarities I found with him and I were astounding. It almost felt like I was watching a movie about myself in the past few years. Some of these similarities are:

- In the beginning of the film, they mention living in or moving to Rockland County. Rockland is a suburb outside of NYC and it's where I grew up and lived the first 26 years of my life before moving to NJ. So it started feeling close to home.

- The main character comes from a seemingly conservative Jewish family. I come from a conservative Italian Catholic family... Religion aside, the family dynamics of the two are almost synonymous.

- The main character, like me, is a teacher. Very engaging with his students and thought provoking. His classroom manners are very similar to mine. He presents a very well-adjusted, likeable front to his friends, family, students, etc, like I do. None of the above would ever guess that he likes taking loads from random strangers.

- The sex party he went to felt almost like déjà vu watching it. I have been to parties just like that in NYC. One in particular felt like the one portrayed in the movie. I let myself go at that party, which was unusual for me at that time. Face down, like the main character, five guys tag teamed my hole and bred me.

All in all, the movie just presented a very real sense of familiarity and reality to me. The only issue I had with the movie was the title, "Chaser," used connotatively to imply that the main character was chasing HIV. There was nothing to support this in the movie, other than showing his letting himself go and get bred, which if he does repeatedly, he almost certainly will end up with it. Otherwise, to me, he just seemed like a regular guy that loved to get fucked and bred, not necessarily looking for the bug.

The only issue I had with the movie was the title, "Chaser," used connotatively to imply that the main character was chasing HIV. There was nothing to support this in the movie, other than showing his letting himself go and get bred, which if he does repeatedly, he almost certainly will end up with it. Otherwise, to me, he just seemed like a regular guy that loved to get fucked and bred, not necessarily looking for the bug.

I felt the same way and the title Chaser didn't fit with what I saw in the movie. The idea that all bareback bottoms who take anon loads are bug-chasers is common to the point that even Tim Dean, author of Unlimited Intimacy, claims that in his book.

• 3 weeks later...
They choose to bug chase (or "just let it happen") because they know they'll become poz one way or the other given what they like sexually. Bug chasing is their way of taking control of their life and making a conscious risk/reward decision.

for me that's what chasing means to me.. i like bareback sex, and i dont have a meth addiction but if a guy wants to pnp and have some kinky, nasty, fun sex then i'm ready (not pnp, myself) but let him and enjoy the fun it brings... but that brings bugs, i might as well take control for myself and decide that it's fine if and when it happens.

plus it is an erotic fantasy of unloading in a poz hole and rolling the dice now that i've made my peace with the fact that i very well may become infected. However that has led to wanting to seek out the poz holes and the rush of being with them and not knowing if i may be close to infected or not.

Edited by rawTOP