Craigslist Hookup Pages Linked To 16% Rise In Hiv Cases

• Moderators

I would assume that some of the increase comes from Craiglist increasing the number of hookups. There are lots of guys who only use CL to hook up. It seems to be the go-to site for DL business travelers. 

I find that hook-up sites/Apps like Grindr or Craigslist are better for setting up more impersonal adds than sites like BarebackRT where you have to make a more permanent profile.

If I were to setup a take-all-loads scenario in a Hote/Motel I would use Craigslist. If I'm travelling I would use Grindr. On the other hand if I were a poz guy wanting to get off and who's looking for a pump-n-dump situation avoiding the HIV questions, Craigslist would be a good place.

Guest 120DaysofSodom

Do people still use CL? I havent used it in years. Seems like such a primitive method for hooking up and more of an incessant exchange of emails by two parties.

A4A and Grindr for me :)

• Moderators

I live in a small town although it is a college town. A4A and Grindr are both full of the same 20-30 guys that only change a little each January and September. CL on the other hand seems to be where all the business travelers and DL guys hang out. I get maybe 3-4 messages on A4A a month. An add on CL will get me 10-12 responses in a couple of days. 

I am sure it is very different in a larger city. 

• 3 weeks later...

Theres a lot of whores on Craigslist (hence the HIV statistic) and a lot of discrete guys as well. CL is a mixed bag but guys on there 90% flake out, no matter how hot your ass is for breeding lol. They should setup a hookup site where guys get feedback and ratings so that its easy to avoid assholes who text you for 2 hours then go ghost.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...