Flaking on hookups

wanttobeseeded

I should mention that I have no problem with a guy who meets me and for whatever reason realizes it just isn’t going to work - that happens, and it’s nobody’s fault. At least he was good enough to follow through and tell me face-to-face.

I don’t, however, understand this: I once agreed to meet a younger guy at a restaurant for dinner and see where things went - dinner was on me. We met, chatted a bit, placed a drink order, and then he excused himself to go to the restroom. After a couple of minutes I just happened to glance out the window to see him walking away down the sidewalk. No “gotta go,” no lame excuse about his grandma’s birthday, no fuckyouverymuch, nothing. I mean, he skipped out on a free dinner at a nice restaurant with no strings attached - who does that?

That guy is the main reason (though by no means the only reason) that I never deal with anybody younger than their later 20s. Young guys are flakey like a bowl of cereal.

I see that staying home and talking to my dog is a pretty good choice after all. But I also admit to changing my mind, especially if it's to meet in a day or two instead of in an hour -- in mitigation, I always tell the other guy that I can't make it (and hopefully, far enough in advance of the planned encounter so he can make other arrangements). And though I can't find the reference I'm thinking of, introverted folks would seem to be more likely to make a date and then cancel. 

For years my personal rule has been “a guy can flake on me ONCE”. The way I limit it to once? I never give a second chance to someone who has stood me up.   Not only will a flake do it again, but the sheer lack of consideration isnt someone I want to get naked with anyway.  

WELL DONE "wanttobeseeded"...

Not only did you choose a great topic but got the ball rolling, as we all experienced those flakes ... 

the question: WHY ... well, I think it has to do with all those apps we are familiar with ... they are like a "shopping-catalogue" ... and you can watch guys flicking through the list of pics, like choosing a meal in a restaurant!

HAS IT HAPPENED TO ME...yes, off course, like so many stated here already, I experienced it too - and wont give a second chance. Like others, I prepare for a date when I invite them to my place or when I meet with someone... 

SOLUTION FOR ME: I stay away from those apps, which simply show one pic, where all those flakes ask you, "send me more pics of you" and at the end nothing will happen...

I use chatrooms, like this one here, where I see a proper profile, can communicate with the other person - I like to get to know the other person, as I love intense sex - and what good is it to me, when someone is only into vanilla or safe sex, when I am after so much more?!

I like to chat first - as in a chat guys will tell you honestly what they are after - after a while you get the hang of it and realise very quickly if you are chatting with a flake, when you write more than he replies, and will always ask you to tell him "what else you want to do to or do with him" or if you write with a sincere guy who is equally interested in meeting you.

If the other person and I connect on all levels, I want to hear his voice... and will agree to speak on the phone - and after that I will be happy to meet with him - as those men who exchange full sentences with you and are prepared to talk on the phone, usually turn out to be great meets ... where both know what to expect from each other.

This might sound like lot of work... or give the impression that I am complicate, who I am not - but is safes me from flakes and disappointments.

I dont need a dinner or drinks before I meet with someone... that is what the chatroom is all about ... when I meet with someone after the chat - I will await him all ready to get started at once... and happy to have a chat in between orgasms...as I love longe and intense sessions... 

Problem with many guys who are flakes is, as mentioned above, that they are "PC-wankers" !!!! they get their juices flowing by horny chats - they promise and want all and everything, want you to tell them in detail all you want to do with them - STOP your chat there! 

SOLUTION:

I never understand why so many men lie about their age, looks, what they want - as the more honest a profile is, the more likely it is to meet the right match... 

Why say "versatile" when you want to bottom, why say "safe" when you want to bareback...etc

I re-wrote various profiles of friends of mine, who complained about lack of interest in their search ....once I corrected and added their profiles, and stated what they are really after, they couldn't thank me enough for all the dates they got ...

BE HONEST IN YOUR PROFILE AND SEARCH ... 

I also advice to update photos... could I take someone serious, who I see online for the last 10 years and longer, who still has the same pics in his profile? How many "Paintings" must be in various attics to justify that ?!*

* = (for those who don't understand the last sentence - it refers to Dorian Gray!) 

I renew my pics frequently - I rather have someone telling me honestly that "It doesn't work" upfront and stop the chat than disappoint him when he walks through the door.

I am glad that I love older men... as they tend to be more sincere in their wants ... and with those I usually have the best sex... 

One reason why I love Bathhouses=saunas and ABS's, as you see what is available, you can choose, pick and have the time of your life :-) 

HAVE FUN and don't waste your time on flakes... 

... SHAME ON ALL FLAKES, whatever reason!...

• Upvote 1