Have you ever been turned down because of something out of your control(age/race/height/etc)?

Guest letmein1

I think at some point, we all have.  I always see profiles that plainly state things like "no one over 30" or "50+."  Personally, I've been turned down for multiple things, age being the most common, but on at least once because he didn't like to fuck white guys.

If you count being HIV positive as something out of a person’s control, then I have, multiple times. I was rejected over it at the baths tonight, in fact. The guy knew about Undetectable = Untransmittable but he still wanted no part of me. I’m used to it now; no matter whether a cure emerges or not, the Enemy Virus leaves a scar.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tnjon77 said:

I think at some point, we all have.  I always see profiles that plainly state things like "no one over 30" or "50+." 

I think you're right, and age is the most common reason for being rejected because we are always too old for someone, a type of rejection that gets worse with time.

• Like 1

Before the days of internet dating I once signed up with a gay dating service. They guaranteed to connect you with at least one guy a month.  I had to go to their office and had to sit through a long sales pitch and interview. Just as I was about to leave the sales person says Because of your height (5'3") we can't honor the 1 match a month guarantee. 

15 minutes ago, lower_bucks_bottom said:

Before the days of internet dating I once signed up with a gay dating service. They guaranteed to connect you with at least one guy a month.  I had to go to their office and had to sit through a long sales pitch and interview. Just as I was about to leave the sales person says Because of your height (5'3") we can't honor the 1 match a month guarantee. 

That's bullshit.  I know I'm not the only one, but I definitely have a size-difference fetish.  The shorter or taller the guy is compared to me, the happier I am.

Ageism exists, even I'm in good shape for my age (a bit of dad bod which I think is very sexy!). But I move on to younger guys who are in bb sex and daddies.

• Like 1

On more times than I'd like to remember.  Seems to be I'm too old for those that want daddies, or not old enough; I'm too fat for those that don't like chubs but not fat enough for the chub chasers; I'm too short for those that want a tall man, but too tall for those that prefer them short; I'm too grey for those that like dark hair, but not grey enough for those that like silver hair and I'm too poz for those that prefer their men 'clean' but not poz enough for the chasers. Apart from that, I stay hopeful but appear to be becoming a born-again virgin as I get older.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2