pulszer

I'm thinking of seeking some treatment and am planing to attend one of the free THT course in London ( http://www.tht.org.uk/mediacentre/pressreleases/2009/august/august20.htm ). As I'm pretty certion I meet the criteria, and if nothing else at least it'll give me a chance to meet other like minded nymphomaniacs :2thumbs: .

Just wondering if any one on here thinks there love of BB might be crossing over into the addictive? :confused:

Edited by pulszer
annoying typo

if you think it's drifting towards addiction then it's probably worth checking out something exactly like the THT thing. You'll either be reassured, or you'll learn some tools for getting it under control.

I go through phases of what is quite clearly addictive behaviour. In that it's all that's on my mind, and I spend my days looking for sex, having sex, thinking about where and when I can next get sex, and not giving a shit about anything else. Then it fades, and I get back to being a normal person, more or less. Then it comes around again. I don't have any other addictions. I'm sensible in relation to drink, drugs, etc. It's just sex that turns me into a junkie.

I'd be keen to hear how you get on at the course - please post about it!

I sometimes wonder if the term "addiction" is used in anon sex because it's not the socially acceptable form of sex behavior. Would a married man be called "addicted" if he was obsessed with having sex with his wife and getting her pregnant?

But a guy like Tiger Woods, who deviates from the social sexual norm is addicted. There’s seems to be a need to stop the kind of sex where sex and love do not meet.

Being a slut is not the same as an addiction. Having sex as a hobby is not an addiction. Being a billionaire golfer with a liking for blondes is not an addiction.

As has been said, when the need for sex overtakes everything else in your life, and your work begins to suffer, and your friends and family never see you, and you cease to care about anything other than fucking, then you might have a problem. Describing something as an addiction is not a judgement. You might decide to live out the addiction. Go for it. But for some people, having their behaviour so out of sync that it worries them, there is nothing wrong with seeking some calm, sensible, non judgemental advice about how to fuck themselves silly and still pay the rent.

I believe that "sex addiction" is a judgmental term thought up by prudes who believe that sex is immoral/unnatural outside of "loving" long term relationships. If some one feels that their need for sex is causing their lives to become dysfunctional, then perhaps help is useful, but there is nothing wrong with being a happy slut.