Corona Virus

Guest ff-whole

Guest ff-whole

We all here on this website and forums love sex... raw unprotected sex - even if you take Prep - you can get sick with the Coronavirus.
I often get the normal flue after I go have sex at saunas or clubs because someone is either sick or still carries the bug and as a bottom you will catch it faster than being in crowded places and/or ride the trains, trams or busses.

Remember we are definitely a risc group of people like we were and still are a risc group of people for HIV+

If you believe in this pandemic or not, the question will not be IF but WHEN we are going to be hit with it near ourselves... Schools are being closed, offices and factories are getting shut down even borders or cities / areas are getting closed... travel will be severely restricted, so if you want or not, we have to deal with that...

Humans are amazingly terrible at spotting real threats versus phantom ones. Cancer has killed 1 in 4 people every year for decades + nobody eats better, works out or stops smoking. #coronavirus has killed .0000003% of the world and people are going to ground + declaring emergencies.
The virus will likely die out as spring arrives and we will deal with it for years in waves like we deal with flu season. The rate of death is low and in line with other flus + it mostly kills the same folks these diseases always kill, the very young, the very old, the very sick.
It leaves the rest of the population alone with nothing more than a bad case of the flu. It won't be contained but it really will not be the end of the world. The end of the world has been predicted a million times.
By all means get supplies like a mask and vitamin C and if you suffer from a lack of sunlight, take vitamin D ! And take care of your friends and family but spend time worrying about things like heart disease/cancer which kill 1 in 4 people every year for the last 50 years.

Read here your most pressing questions about the new coronavirus, answered... and Map.

Guest ff-whole

More in: 

Coronavirus far more likely than Sars to bond to human cells due to HIV-like mutation, scientists say...

I'm not an expert or doctor.
I'm just saying, we are a higher risc group and if you go to clubs and saunas you might put yourself into harm's way... inform yourself and if uncertain consult with your physician.

The Corona virus is spreading extremely fast and often not in the most obvious ways and just all of the sudden popping up where it was not expected.
Clubs and Gay saunas are often in big cities - me, I am going to one in Amsterdam which is a hub for foreigners and these foreigners love sex too and visit these clubs, might not show any symptoms yet. Not trying to scare, just trying to give you a heads-up.
Be safe, no fear...

• Administrators

It's sorta too early to say what will happen. While other corona viruses do well in cold, dry environments (and hence do well in winter), we don't really know how much spring will reduce the spread of the virus because not enough is known about this strain.

What does make sense is to prepare for it. I live in NYC. It will absolutely come here at some point. Avoiding big crowds is important – so no busy bars, ride a bike not the subway, do 1-on-1 hookups rather then a sex party, and so on. Also, learn to wash your hands frequently after being in public. Start being aware of when your hands touch your mouth/nose/eyes (it happens more than you think). And start stocking up on things that have a long shelf life that you'd use anyway – canned goods, pasta, frozen fish, etc. If panic hits those things will get much more expensive, so buying now is prudent.

Face masks apparently only really help in that they reduce the number of times you touch your face. They also help if your sick so when you cough it doesn't spread as far.

But with a 2% fatality rate and uncertainty about how to treat it, yes, you should start thinking and planning about corona virus – especially if you live in an urban area.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

PREDICTION: The Corona Virus will reach it's peak in the U.S. on May 5th, but it will soon be supplanted by an even more insidious virus that will be know as Bud Light Lime. 

... but seriously ...

There is good news and bad news with the Corona virus. The bad news is that, since it is new, there is no natural immunity and with global travel and its high contagion, there are estimates that it could infect a third of the world population. Death rate is estimated to be about 2% of those infected. If the estimates hold true, there would be roughly 52 million deaths globally. The U.S. has about 4% of the world population so you could estimate having over 2 million deaths in the U.S. alone. 

The good news is that Corona-type viruses tend to be more active in the winter, so the northern hemisphere may see the spread of the virus begin to slow. If that occurs, it would give drug companies a window to complete testing and ramp up production of vaccines before it re-emerges next fall.

There are a lot of "if's" in there, but you don't have to be a doomsday prepper to see the wisdom of keeping some emergency supplies on hand. There are always natural disasters, power outages, alien snail invasions -- you have a little more time to prepare for that last one, but -- it makes sense to be aware of your surroundings and stock up on a few supplies. For a health emergency where you may be quarantined at home, the most important items to consider are medications and food. If there are medications you need, refill your prescription a few days early  so you build up a buffer that would carry you through your confinement. For food, take advantage of sales on canned goods, frozen foods, and dry foods like rice, beans, and pasta. Just picking up an extra one or two items when you go shopping can quickly build a two week supply without a significant cash outlay.  Finally, if you decide not to invest in a few emergency supplies, you might want to invest in Amazon and home delivery companies because, if you find yourself stuck in quarantine, Fed EX may become your only friend.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

[think before following links] https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.02.12.20022418v1

"The results indicate that ACE2 highly expresses in renal tubular cells, Leydig cells and cells in seminiferous ducts in testis. Therefore, virus might directly bind to such ACE2 positive cells and damage the kidney and testicular tissue of patients. Our results indicate that renal function evaluation and special care should be performed in 2019-nCoV patients during clinical work, because of the kidney damage caused by virus and antiviral drugs with certain renal toxicity. In addition, due to the potential pathogenicity of the virus to testicular tissues, clinicians should pay attention to the risk of testicular lesions in patients during hospitalization and later clinical follow-up, especially the assessment and appropriate intervention in young patients' fertility."

[think before following links] https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3876197

According to the message forwarded to Taiwan News, “It’s highly possible to get infected a second time. A few people recovered from the first time by their own immune system, but the meds they use are damaging their heart tissue, and when they get it the second time, the antibody doesn’t help but makes it worse, and they die a sudden death from heart failure.”

Guest RawCunt
On 2/28/2020 at 6:11 AM, ff-whole said:

More in: 

Coronavirus far more likely than Sars to bond to human cells due to HIV-like mutation, scientists say...

I'm not an expert or doctor.
I'm just saying, we are a higher risc group and if you go to clubs and saunas you might put yourself into harm's way... inform yourself and if uncertain consult with your physician.

The Corona virus is spreading extremely fast and often not in the most obvious ways and just all of the sudden popping up where it was not expected.
Clubs and Gay saunas are often in big cities - me, I am going to one in Amsterdam which is a hub for foreigners and these foreigners love sex too and visit these clubs, might not show any symptoms yet. Not trying to scare, just trying to give you a heads-up.
Be safe, no fear...

No mutation, manufactured.   It contains Hiv1 RNA... that doesn't just happen.

Guest Descartes70817

Just a thought, but if the virus contains HIV-1 RNA, will HIV medications protect us from the Coronavirus? It would be ironic if it affects homophobes significantly more than it affects gays on meds 🤔

• Moderators
9 hours ago, RawCunt said:

No mutation, manufactured.   It contains Hiv1 RNA... that doesn't just happen.

No, it doesn't. It contains genetic sequences that are similar to some sequences in individual strains of HIV-1... in parts of its genome that are highly variable. And similar sequences are present in many other species of animals and viruses. If y'all conspiracy theorist followers would like the details, look here:

[think before following links] https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/22221751.2020.1727299

Just one pretty important quote: "These results clearly show that three out of four of these inserts naturally exist in three bat CoV viruses before 2019-nCoV was identified. This undoubtedly refutes the possibility that 2019-nCoV is generated through obtaining gene fragments from the HIV-1 genome."

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Guest RawCunt
4 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

No, it doesn't. It contains genetic sequences that are similar to some sequences in individual strains of HIV-1... in parts of its genome that are highly variable. And similar sequences are present in many other species of animals and viruses. If y'all conspiracy theorist followers would like the details, look here:

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/22221751.2020.1727299

Just one pretty important quote: "These results clearly show that three out of four of these inserts naturally exist in three bat CoV viruses before 2019-nCoV was identified. This undoubtedly refutes the possibility that 2019-nCoV is generated through obtaining gene fragments from the HIV-1 genome."

For all those who think it is a mutation, look at the Indian studies.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RawCunt said:

For all those who think it is a mutation, look at the Indian studies.

Presumably (though you give no reference) you're referring to the preprint referenced (without a working link) by @ff-whole. Which has since been retracted. And which is in fact the work that the paper I linked to refutes. Yeah, I read that. It's full of problems. Which are nicely explained in the paper I linked. Which is why I linked it. SMH.

Edited by viking8x6
Accidentally posted before reply was complete
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

Presumably (though you give no reference) you're referring to the preprint referenced (without a working link) by @ff-whole. Which has since been retracted. And which is in fact the work that the paper I linked to refutes. Yeah, I read that. It's full of problems. Which are nicely explained in the paper I linked. Which is why I linked it. SMH.

Well look at the brain on you. 

On 2/29/2020 at 10:59 AM, rawTOP said:

Face masks apparently only really help in that they reduce the number of times you touch your face. They also help if your sick so when you cough it doesn't spread as far.

But with a 2% fatality rate and uncertainty about how to treat it, yes, you should start thinking and planning about corona virus – especially if you live in an urban area.

Two things .... the masks the CDC and the media are talking about are the flimsy types of masks you get at stores like Walmart.  There ARE masks that can help protect you from the droplets in the air but those are N95, N99, P3 and full face styles of breathing masks. Note that it's been proven that droplets can infect you though your eyes so incorporating eye preventive protection is important too.

Second, if you can believe the rogue reports coming from Chinese citizens the death rate is closer to 15% of those that are infected. A couple facts supporting this are the dozens of incinerators the Chinese government has allegedly moved into Wuhan. Proof of that activity can actually be seen from the remotely measurable air quality in Wuhan. 

Does this mean we need to panic? Not at all. Third world sanitary conditions will make the death rate much higher. We need to be cleaner and smarter. Pull together the resources that will let you survive for a while in a more isolated environment ... prep water, non-perishable goods, meds and supplements as well as things like toilet paper and hygiene products. Don't forget food for your pets.Don't count on having uninterrupted electricity -- meaning don't have a lot of non-perishable frozen or refrigerated foods or, at least, be prepared that they may not survive long.

Edited by lovetobefucked

Guest FinalDL2021
On 2/27/2020 at 5:07 AM, ff-whole said:

We all here on this website and forums love sex... raw unprotected sex - even if you take Prep - you can get sick with the Coronavirus.
I often get the normal flue after I go have sex at saunas or clubs because someone is either sick or still carries the bug and as a bottom you will catch it faster than being in crowded places and/or ride the trains, trams or busses.

Remember we are definitely a risc group of people like we were and still are a risc group of people for HIV+

If you believe in this pandemic or not, the question will not be IF but WHEN we are going to be hit with it near ourselves... Schools are being closed, offices and factories are getting shut down even borders or cities / areas are getting closed... travel will be severely restricted, so if you want or not, we have to deal with that...

Humans are amazingly terrible at spotting real threats versus phantom ones. Cancer has killed 1 in 4 people every year for decades + nobody eats better, works out or stops smoking. #coronavirus has killed .0000003% of the world and people are going to ground + declaring emergencies.
The virus will likely die out as spring arrives and we will deal with it for years in waves like we deal with flu season. The rate of death is low and in line with other flus + it mostly kills the same folks these diseases always kill, the very young, the very old, the very sick.
It leaves the rest of the population alone with nothing more than a bad case of the flu. It won't be contained but it really will not be the end of the world. The end of the world has been predicted a million times.
By all means get supplies like a mask and vitamin C and if you suffer from a lack of sunlight, take vitamin D ! And take care of your friends and family but spend time worrying about things like heart disease/cancer which kill 1 in 4 people every year for the last 50 years.

Read here your most pressing questions about the new coronavirus, answered... and Map.

Its good to be cautious and be healthy, yet don't get caught up in the panic. I feel my chances of being mauled by a mountain  lion, on one of my runs, is greater than getting this corona virus.