PUBLIC Forum and personal information (ICYMI)

• Moderators

The moderation staff has recently been receiving a few reports of people's personal information posted here on BZ being used to blackmail them.

Just a reminder: It's not against the rules for you to post personal information. However, please remember BZ is a public forum, and anything you post here is freely viewable to anyone on the Internet. So it may be inadvisable to post personal or other identifying information here unless you're comfortable with the world knowing about it in the context of our delightfully tawdry content.

We are happy to remove personal information that you've posted. Just report the post in question. If you are not a member, please include in the report text a way for us to confirm that you were the person who posted it.

Also, remember that even if we remove information, any past viewings of it, by other people or by "spider" or archiving engines (such as Google), are done and cannot be reversed.

• Like 3

Thanks for the warning, certainly a timely reminder that nothing ever really disappears from the web.

In many ways it might be better if the entire site were restricted to registered users who are actually signed in (as is the case of smokinmen) to prevent postings & pictures being bot harvested. Be interested to know if others might support this approach.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 6/10/2022 at 2:17 PM, Diesel said:

Thanks for the warning, certainly a timely reminder that nothing ever really disappears from the web.

In many ways it might be better if the entire site were restricted to registered users who are actually signed in (as is the case of smokinmen) to prevent postings & pictures being bot harvested. Be interested to know if others might support this approach.....

Thx, I raised this quite a few times on here to no avail.

So many guests on here, not registered users having access to everything with no remorse, possibly copying posts, pics info etc.

There must have been something I posted absent mindedly a while back on here, nothing major, but I got a FR on facebook asking if I was on BZ? The person was not a user, just popped onto read posts, see pics.

Its a shame that people have been here years and because of not posting much are just members and limited access to posts etc, but registered on here also, yet guests are treated the same and not registered??

Its not my site, not my rules, I dont agree, guess I could leave etc.but hey ho.

But apparantly the site welcomes unregistered users.

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice, i know from experience never to be too specific online with any personal details or precise information but for others it is good advice too.

1 hour ago, manhole4use said:

Thanks for the advice, i know from experience never to be too specific online with any personal details or precise information but for others it is good advice too.

I agree completely.  If/when any of us develop a "friendship" with other BZ'ers, in my opinion it's best to share actual information with them via other means than a website where anyone can access it.  I wonder how many gay-haters are trolling through our commentaries.  It would definitely be an improvement if all the content could somehow be restricted to actual, verified members of our wonderfully wanton lives.

• Upvote 3

On 6/10/2022 at 8:17 AM, Diesel said:

Bots can be programmed to use impersonated credentials, so all it would take is for a malicious actor to create a BZ account (which allows viewing essentially everything that individual users haven't locked down), and then set it free to copy what it will. 

15 hours ago, DarkroomTaker said:

Its a shame that people have been here years and because of not posting much are just members and limited access to posts etc, but registered on here also, yet guests are treated the same and not registered??

There is a difference between unregistered users and users who are new to the site. The former cannot post anything - no comments, no likes/dislikes, no anything, and no amount of reading the boards (which is all they can do) will ever promote them out of that status. New members, whatever level(s) one includes in that, can at least post a few comments a day, and will continue to advance in capabilities on the system over time if they continue to do that. So they're not "treated the same."

Also note that there is another category of "former members" (whose posts show from "Guest XXXX", where XXXX is the former member's account name). Like any non-member, they can't post or contribute anything, but their prior contributions are preserved.

I am expressing no opinion on whether the site should require an account to view it - the site owner has chosen not to, possibly to encourage 'lurkers' to explore the site a bit and decide whether it's worth joining. My guess would be that he's made the calculus that this will result in more members - and more participation - than if the entire site were behind a wall you had to join to get through. Given the sensitive nature of the overall topic of the forum, I think that may well be true - that fewer people would sign up for a site called "Breeding.Zone" if they couldn't see what it was like before joining.

• Like 1

I have received several text messages threatening to “ruin my life” where they threaten to tell people in my family about what I’m doing… and they have the names. I’m assuming just a general search gave them this info. (White pages is insanely detailed) but I shrug it off. Because it’s all empty threats.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bbfuckslut314 said:

I have received several text messages threatening to “ruin my life” where they threaten to tell people in my family about what I’m doing… and they have the names. I’m assuming just a general search gave them this info. (White pages is insanely detailed) but I shrug it off. Because it’s all empty threats.

Thats great that you have that attitude mate. However, some people could be affected mentally or at least stressed and anxious about this, it is totally unneeded and avoidable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Moderators

Just to grouse for a moment, the ones that kill me are the posts with tons of personal info going on about how they love being exposed. 
The next day, they are begging to have it all taken down in the reports. It never fails. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, drscorpio said:

Just to grouse for a moment, the ones that kill me are the posts with tons of personal info going on about how they love being exposed. 
The next day, they are begging to have it all taken down in the reports. It never fails. 

Yeah, I've seen a few of those here over the years.

2 hours ago, drscorpio said:

Because they come down off their high. Tweakers are notorious flakes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.