I don't understand the desire to get pozzed

btmdad

21 hours ago, 50latinos said:

The pozzing fetish doesn't do anything for me, other than scare me of course. I don't commit to anything for life let alone a potentially mortal virus. No, thank you.

May I ask then if the poz chasing fetish does nothing for you, then why are you even on this breedingzone site?

I was always under the impression that the breedingzone was a niche website simply for those into this fetish?

Edited by jcklvrga
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

But please stop with the language suggesting HIV-positive people are less than "clean".

You don't know when they last washed their hands or had a shower 😛

But, yeah, Clean for me means washed, Dirty means need a wash.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jcklvrga said:

May I ask then if the poz chasing fetish does nothing for you, then why are you even on this breedingzone site?

I was always under the impression that the breedingzone was a niche website simply for those into this fetish?

I think that most people would agree that BZ for further beyond the poz chasing fetish.

Anyway, I am here because I think that there are many ways to enjoy the pleasures of BB other than chasing an HIV infection. I don't condemn or believe I am better than anyone for that, and certainly envy the feeling of freedom of not caring about getting infected with the HIV virus implies, but that's not me. or for me

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jcklvrga said:

BZ has a forum area for bugchasing, contrary to the opinion of some posters the entire site isn't dedicated to that topic, in fact bugchasing posts and replies are often removed by the moderators when posted in other areas  . This particular thread is in the health area, which is more about avoiding disease, rather than actively seeking it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, jcklvrga said:

Your impression was incorrect. Breeding Zone is a web site for men into bareback sex with men. Inasmuch as that's no longer (in the 2020s) a niche community, the site is only "niche" in that it's a zone where judgment of others' fetishes and foibles is explicitly discouraged, which is pretty much the opposite of the cliquish echo chamber effect that pervades social media. That said, there are a few things that are explicitly off limits, as some boundaries are in fact necessary to avoid harm to the site and its members.

Lots more detail can be found in the topic below:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, NWUSHorny said:

BZ has a forum area for bugchasing, contrary to the opinion of some posters the entire site isn't dedicated to that topic, in fact bugchasing posts and replies are often removed by the moderators when posted in other areas  . This particular thread is in the health area, which is more about avoiding disease, rather than actively seeking it.

that being said, he still has a point. 

i came here not understanding the bug chasing fetish and simply by reading and listening silently, i learned. there's plenty of fetishes i don't get but i dont initiate topics about them  just to say "ew". even the post he's responding to is more a statement of dislike rather than a genuine request for information. 

19 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

The term "clean" as applied to HIV-negative people is offensive. The clear implication is that anyone who is not HIV-negative is "dirty".

By all means, I encourage you to take all the precautions you can. But please stop with the language suggesting HIV-positive people are less than "clean".

And yet, when I am asked that I simply reply "yes".  If one chooses to be ignorant that is their problem.  I know the risk I present; and if they bothered to read profiles or 'about me' I am candid about being HIV poz.  The wantonly ignorant do that these days by choice.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, norefusal said:

that being said, he still has a point. 

i came here not understanding the bug chasing fetish and simply by reading and listening silently, i learned. there's plenty of fetishes i don't get but i dont initiate topics about them  just to say "ew". even the post he's responding to is more a statement of dislike rather than a genuine request for information. 

No he doesn't. He was responding to me and askiing me and I didn't initiate de topic. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/17/2024 at 2:33 PM, jcklvrga said:

overall really surprised by what I perceive as a rather judgemental tone to this thread and in breeding.zone of all places.

we're all going to die eventually. from something..let individuals make their own choices. And as for prep, does no one question the side affects of daily prep for years on end? 

Do we as a society make straight people that eat too much take a daily pill to possibly stop diabetes from developing..do we make people that drink too much take a daily pill to stop them from becoming alcoholics..but oh yeah many are advocating that all gay hiv neg men should take daily prep so they won't get hiv. I am really surprised by some of the puritanical type comments applied by gay men to other gay men.

So hiv chasing is a fetish for some, so what..are we now supposed to rank and judge which fetishes are ok and which are not..what about being into bdsm..couldn't you accidentally die if a rope gets too tight in the wrong place..let's just love each other and stop being so judgmental.

I agree with jcklvrga.   If the topic offends you, that is your choice.  You can simply avoid the discussion.  My choice is to use my body the way I want. and become a poz cumpig.  Your position is wrong for me and mine is wrong for you

• Downvote 1

On 4/18/2024 at 7:13 PM, BootmanLA said:

The term "clean" as applied to HIV-negative people is offensive. The clear implication is that anyone who is not HIV-negative is "dirty"....... But please stop with the language suggesting HIV-positive people are less than "clean".

Additionally, about 10 -15 percent of HIV positive men aren't aware of their status. They assume they are negative and maybe that safe sex measures don't apply to them. I remember being found poz in 2005 ish and being absolutely taken aback, but if I had waited 2 years my health would have been much worse. Much much worse. Using that 'clean' word reminds me of VD laws in the 19th Century. It needs to stop.    

Edited by Poz50something
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

And as for prep, does no one question the side affects of daily prep for years on end? 

Of course we do. 

The point, however, is the balance of an effective treatment against serious illness, versus what some experience as a very limited alteration of a daily bodily function.  

we're all going to die eventually. from something..let individuals make their own choices

Completely correct, of course. 

No Deity is going to send a burning chariot for any of us (meaning the entirety of humanity) to take us to "Heaven".  Thus, every one of us has to make choices, and implicit in that requirement is that we educate ourselves on the various ramifications of x course of action or y course of action.  Some argue for x course, some argue for y course, but in the end, only each individual guy has to come up with his answer.  

Maybe graphing it out for ourselves would be useful:  X course of action = X number of points.  Y course of action = Y number of points.  Include all the facets we can think of, including just how important wanton sex is, compared to all the other facets of our lives.  Add up all the numbers, and see where it leads.  

What it all boils down to is, only we can truthfully answer the questions we put to ourselves.  No one else can do it for us.  Not friends, not medical folks, not Deities, not Governments, only we, our own selves can make these decisions.  

Once that introspection has been entered into, decisions made, there are no cultural/religious obligations we feel compelled to honor (other than basic decency towards our fellow humans, of course). 

Honesty counts, most particularly with ourselves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/17/2024 at 12:28 PM, Bottom Jim said:

I do look at guys to sort out in my own mind if they are clean

I'm assuming you mean whether or not they've showered recently.  

On 4/19/2024 at 10:45 AM, jcklvrga said:

Please understand that unobstructed fucking with other men is the focus, not the issue of whether or not to seek/avoid illness.  

As most of us understand the term, "Breeding" implies a Top pumping his sperm up a willing bottom's ass, not what might or might not be included in that sperm.  Thus, there is no connotation to spreading illness, only to "connecting" sexually with other men that feel the same sense of need.   

The issue of whether or not to willfully spread illness is an ancillary subject, with some in favor, some not, and worthy of discussion within certain threads, without any implied support or lack of it by the site. 

Breeding Zone is a treasured website by those of us that use it, to exchange ideas pertaining to our particular lusts, myriad ways, means, methods of expressing that lovely requirement in our lives.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, hntnhole said:

Maybe graphing it out for ourselves would be useful:  X course of action = X number of points.  Y course of action = Y number of points.

I've tried this for other life decisions on occasion. The results were less than optimal. Turns out there are too many variables and unknowns for it to work all that well. At least in my hands, though not for a lack of intellectual and math ability. Maybe an actuary would do better. Then again, maybe not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, viking8x6 said:

I've tried this for other life decisions on occasion. The results were less than optimal. Turns out there are too many variables and unknowns for it to work all that well. At least in my hands, though not for a lack of intellectual and math ability. Maybe an actuary would do better. Then again, maybe not.

It is a tough ask.

Quality of life is an ineffable and individual thing that doesn't lend itself to easy quantification across the human population. 

• Like 2