Political Turn Off

NJshorebear

Just got back from a random encounter and wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Reconnected with an old fuck bud from North Jersey who recently moved down the shore. Sex was as good as a remembered, he has a nice silky hole that I love to rim and I had a great time, until... As we are post-coital cuddling, and my still hard dick has me thinking about a 2nd round, he started asking about my current job (I work in higher ed) and he stated how great he thought our current governor (Chris Christie) is and how its great that he's "standing up to the NJEA" (the union I belong to) he then starts ranting about how bad president Obama is and how he hopes he's a one term president.

I had the quickest erection loss ever, and couldn't get out of there soon enough. I tried to do a quick subject change and say how I had to get home to get ready for the next day, but he knew I reacted negatively to his discussion, and tried to debate me on the topic. My favorite line being one of his last,"you know in your heart they should never have bailed out the banks" I quietly responded "the bank bailout process was started under then president Bush, and agreed upon as a course of action by both candidates running for office in 2008". I thanked him for a nice time and left.

Now I have had relationships with people who have had different political views then me. Some of the hottest sex I've ever had was in grad school with a young republican closet case :) but the general douchery of his approach, attacking my union and then making ignorant and ill informed arguments (I only gave one example) made me feel I couldn't even have hate sex with this guy.

Has anyone else ever experienced total political incompatibility as a turn-off? How did you handle the situation?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

You know what's a political turn-off? People who see the political realm through a tribalistic, two party, us vs them dynamic. It's 2011, almost 2012, by the by, and if one is enamored with a republicans-evil-democrats-good worldview then one might be up-tight, a little dull, and exactly the kind of top who would make my hole close fast as hell.

Edited by Hotload84
  • Downvote 1

I've had something similar 'though not exactly similar to your situation. I was dating a guy in the SF Bay area and with gay pride coming he asked me if I was going to attend. I said no, I didn't attend gay pride parades as I felt the parades defined gay society the right way; it's my POV. Well evidently this was the wrong answer for him, because suddenly I had to deal with "why aren't you proud of being gay" and "why do you live in the closet?" At the start of his question I was given an option, yes or no, suddenly I had no option it was supposed to be a YES! He went on to tell me that unfortunately I would no longer be ALLOWED to fuck him, but that he would still be willing to suck my cock and even swallow, but his ass was now off limits. Of course I laughed and left his ass at the park where we were enjoying a picnic.

My point: we all have opinions and options. Unlike 666Bruder I will not say that you are wrong with your line of thinking. While he may come back and say he didn't, it's implied. I will give 666Bruder one up for something he said though he didn't really fully explain: our founding fathers did not want political parties for a reason, namely that our system was supposed to be by the people for the people, that now has changed to be for the party you affiliate yourself with, as we can all see nothing is getting done in this country because now we have to cater to the party and not the people.

Edited by Hotload84

Attacking your union (since he apparently knew you were a member) was definitely rude and hardly conducive to post coital talk. He is certainly entitled to his opinion as to the rest but what a time to mention it. (Like bringing up Chris Christie could cause anyone to lose their erection) And you are right! Republicans are sometimes the nastiest hottest most perverted sex partners you can have! Best for both sides though to keep politics out of the bedroom (or whatever room or place one is bare boinking in) unless all that arguing get you both hotter than hell to fuck each other full of cum!!!

How did you handle the situation?

This is why god gave us ball gags. Or, since he's a bottom, you could always shut him up by shoving your cock down his throat. Or really grudge fucking his ass and making him cry.

But seriously, I'm in the "why are you even discussing this" camp. I can be as political as anyone, but these discussions do not belong in the context of sex.

• Upvote 1

"I'm in the 'why are you even discussing this' camp. I can be as political as anyone, but these discussions do not belong in the context of sex."

Well put, MascMountainMan. This would be my take. I don't think I've ever been targeted with political analysis in post (or pre-) coital engagement, but were I, I think I'd abruptly remove myself from the scene.

• Like 1

I can imagine myself having great sex with men of almost any political or religious persuasion, but only an ongoing relationship with guys who I feel share a similar world view. I couldn't even be regular fuck buddies with a guy who was always espousing political or religious views at variance with mine. As an atheist, I find religion a bigger cock deflator than political differences. Don't get me wrong, I respect the right of guys to hold religious and political views opposed to my own, but I don't choose to have sex with them if they keep trying to impose their views on me. I'm not obliged to have sex with anyone.

• 10 years later...

A friend of mine has a story about going home with a guy in the 90s and, on finding portraits of Margaret Thatcher in the living room, turned on his heels and left telling the guy "this is never going to happen."

I'd feel much the same...

On 11/24/2011 at 2:48 AM, NJshorebear said:

Just got back from a random encounter and wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Reconnected with an old fuck bud from North Jersey who recently moved down the shore. Sex was as good as a remembered, he has a nice silky hole that I love to rim and I had a great time, until... As we are post-coital cuddling, and my still hard dick has me thinking about a 2nd round, he started asking about my current job (I work in higher ed) and he stated how great he thought our current governor (Chris Christie) is and how its great that he's "standing up to the NJEA" (the union I belong to) he then starts ranting about how bad president Obama is and how he hopes he's a one term president.

I had the quickest erection loss ever, and couldn't get out of there soon enough. I tried to do a quick subject change and say how I had to get home to get ready for the next day, but he knew I reacted negatively to his discussion, and tried to debate me on the topic. My favorite line being one of his last,"you know in your heart they should never have bailed out the banks" I quietly responded "the bank bailout process was started under then president Bush, and agreed upon as a course of action by both candidates running for office in 2008". I thanked him for a nice time and left.

Now I have had relationships with people who have had different political views then me. Some of the hottest sex I've ever had was in grad school with a young republican closet case :) but the general douchery of his approach, attacking my union and then making ignorant and ill informed arguments (I only gave one example) made me feel I couldn't even have hate sex with this guy.

Has anyone else ever experienced total political incompatibility as a turn-off? How did you handle the situation?

That is your loss.  I do not like or support any politician or political party in the USA, as both of the two major parties in the USA have been the same for many decades, and neither really care about or have the best interests of citizens of the USA or in other countries.

1 minute ago, TotalTop said:

That is your loss.  I do not like or support any politician or political party in the USA, as both of the two major parties in the USA have been the same for many decades, and neither really care about or have the best interests of citizens of the USA or in other countries.

Anyone who thinks "both of the two major parties in the USA have been the same for many decades" has paid zero attention to politics and has no grasp of what the political parties stand for or do. The only way in which that might remotely be true is in the sense of "Neither party backs 100% of what I believe in" (whatever that may be).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/25/2011 at 4:12 AM, PhoenixGeoff said:

This is why god gave us ball gags.

Yes indeed.

The key is not to respond in kind.

If the offender insisting on blathering about politics or religion is a bottom, I should think the right course is to say, “Your mouth apparently needs something to do” and then provide it something.

If the offender is a Top, it indicates that he has started thinking with the Big Head, and you should shift his thinking to the Little Head.

• Piggy 1