• The Vault
    • Chariots - Vauxhall
    • Chariots - Waterloo
    • Chariots - Shoreditch
    • Chariots - Limehouse
    • The Locker Room
    • Other (Use comments box below)

Guest SBBOY

I've just been reading the reviews for all the saunas in London... pretty much every single venue has been slated. The usual comments seem to state that the staff are rude/confrontational, no hot guys, dirty, bad decor etc... I personally think a few of the negative reviews might be from other businesses to try and steal the trade.

I've been to Chariots Shoreditch on a few occasions over the last few years which has been good but looking to try somewhere else.

Can anyone make any recommendations? What are the good/bad features? Did you visit recently?

Guest SBBOY

My review of Chariots SHOREDITCH - I have been there may 4-6 times over the last few years. It's a little off the beaten track and I always seem to get lost finding it. Lol. Anyway everytime I have gone in I've found it to be clean. There are cameras in the locker room which I find a little odd. Toilets are standard but clean the times I've been there. My last few visits I haven't used the pool, jacuzzi or steam rooms. But from what I remember they're a good size and clean. My last visit about 2 months ago was a Sunday afternoon around 12-1pm. Around 20-30 guys. Very mixed. A handful of hot guys, a few handsome older guys and then also a few old/fat guys. I always just head for the floor with the private rooms. I don't really hang out in the dark rooms either. Most of the private rooms are spacious with light dimmer switches, which is good for setting the right mood. There are a few very small rooms but you can word with it. I noticed the staff were very attentive (I didn't speak with them) but they always seemed to be cleaning and keeping an out. Plenty of lube and condoms next to the private rooms.

I wouldn't say it's the most modern of places but it certainly serves a purpose.

There is no comparison with any of the saunas that I have been to in Canada and the same may probably be said about the USA although I have no recent

knowledge. London saunas are over priced and without most of the facilities that they have in Canada. There are, ot course, exceptions. I only know of one place in London where you can rent a private room and that seems to be the norm in Canada

Saunas I LONDON are way to pricey! I went a few weeks back to vauxhall! It was messy not sexy! But amount of walking I did in there, I could have done a marathon! Lol the moral of the story is that there's no god to save us!! So have a wank inside. It cheaper!!

Vauxhall Chariots on a Saturday afternoon right through till the early hours can be busy. Yes they're all expensive and usually dirty, but when there's a lot of cock about I couldn't care.

Personally I like The Locker Room.

Small enough to make physical contact easy but big enough to fit to fit 4 dozen guys.

I find that this is enough guys to reach critical mass and lead to fucking.

The larger venues tend to make people walk past "Mr Right Now!" because "Mr Right" may be round the corner.

A better stratagy could be a sex club on Friday or Saturday night followed by a sauna for a few hours sleep then more sex.

• 2 weeks later...

Most saunas I have visited in London have been quite run down compared to their counterparts in Germany, Switzerland etc. The only one I sort of could deal with was the one up in Luton but I don't know them all.

Have been in the past regular to Chariots Shoreditch, what turned me off it the distance to get there, but once you are there, i always had good sex there. By my last visit to London, 1 year ago, i did re-visit chariots, and it was on a sunday afternoon very empty and cold. Maybe due to the fact that it was Christmastime. Did go that same time to Pleasuredome, and that was fully packed, but i did not find it easy to get in contact with somebody, due to the fact that it was sow crowded, and far more smaller then Chariots.

The prices are too high so I can't see anyone popping in during lunch for a quickie at £16. So vicious circle of less revenue and even higher prices.

When you think you've been fleeced just to get the towel then you're not in the best mindset for sex, and when you see no cleaning going on it leads to a worse attitude.

There is huge insecurity in London where you have to fit in with the body beautiful image and younger guys have too much attitude that just turns guys off.

I swim but haven't got a gym body but I get bitchy comments when I go so I tend to go for the older crowd who know what they are doing with their dicks and just as keen to fill my ass.

Plus they are way more up for groups and whoring me round whereas if you ever get a younger guy to commit to a session he wants the door locked so his friends can't see him being a poz bitch.

Things need to loosen up a lot in London. The best places are naked fuck parties at Hoist or random cruising at Hampstead Heath.