Go To BB Sex Parties? How Often Do You Get STDs?

rawTOP

How often do you get STDs at sex parties?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you get STDs at sex parties?

• Almost never
    • Rarely
    • More often than I'd like
    • Frequently

• Administrators

Had regular doctor's appointment a couple days ago and told him about some clear discharge I was having. I didn't know if I had irritated my PA by sleeping with it in one night (generally a bad idea for me) or if I had picked up something at the sex party I went to last weekend. He treated me just in case but then called today to tell me I had had chlamydia. That's not a very good record in my case - go to one party and pick something up. Those of you who are regulars at sex parties - how often do you have problems after the fact?

I don't go to many sex parties, but when I did go to a few regulars, I was mostly a marathon cock sucker (which is my life story). I was in hospital in March, negative for all STDs. But Fever of Unknown Origin. 2 weeks after a slamming fest with one man. That's an STD in itself!

I know a man who goes to many sex parties in NYC, and is both top & bottom. He's been treated for the usual stuff - even to syphilis. Of course, HIV came after many lucky years for him. At least he was responsible, and phoned every man he "had" recently in his black book and told him to get tested. The men were not happy. 'Rather know, than face complications, later.

Good post.

Yes, I could see that a PA would be a great hiding place for infection. I suppose this is an occupational hazard... The one problem that remains is this: how many tests are we supposed to get? Just the ones that the Public Health Clinic on Ninth Ave. offers?

And about the chlamydia: it just takes one contact - one guy at one party. That same party guy could show up on a website & visit a man 1-1 the next day. Chlamydia isn't just for sex parties. But the pool would be more filled with it. Of course.

• 10 months later...

This problem is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

In my opinion, the public health policy ought to be to remove as much stigma as possible from STDs and make it as easy as possible to seek out anonymous testing and treatment. I'm a firm believer in providing testing and treatment wherever men get together for sex (doing it in a bathhouse when the place is crowded is a good idea, not 3 PM on a Tuesday afternoon). And when I say anonymous, I mean anonymous: no passing names to the testing organization or the government, no collecting names of partners to notify, no nothing but testing and treatment. Collecting treatment data without names or identifying information is fine for epidemiological purposes, but that's it.

I also wish the focus was taken off HIV a bit in this regard, for three reasons. First, many STDs can be spread even if you do use a condom; condoms are not a cure all. Second, it's a lot easier to spread most STDs than it is to spread HIV. Third, most other STDs can be treated easily with little or no long-term impact if they are caught early enough.

This is all basic stuff, but between the HIV organizations and the anti-sex moralizing types, it's amazing how many places screw it up.

I've never picked up anything from a sex party... the only time i've picked up anything was when i got fucked by 60 random guys in Antwerp last year, and i came home riddled... but sex parties here in the UK, even the most dirty of them, have never resulted in me getting anything at all... other than massive cum down and a hang over.. .

• 1 month later...

I too had thought I injured my PA. I had some yellow discharge that I thought was the piercing acting up. Went to my piercer to have her take a look and she sent me to the STD clinic. My piecing was fine. Not sure where I caught it, but probably from a group anon scene a week or so before.

• 4 months later...