Post Your Problems With The New Site Here

jackdaw

• Moderators

I can reproduce your problem. I have no idea why it is happening or how to fix it. 

UPDATE: The problem seems to be with the Basic Upload utility. I can't get that to work on my iPhone or my PC. The Advance Upload that uses Flash works on my PC, but I can't get the Basic to work. Of course, you can't use a Flash based utility on your iOS device. 

Can anyone else confirm what I am seeing?

Edited by drscorpio

Am having trouble lately with the functions on here to write.  Click for colors and font size goes off or click on font size and color goes away and either of them eliminate the Bold and turns it off.  Having a devil of a time lately with those.  Seems none of the font, size, color or Bold buttons want to work with any of the others.

my lpatop just got a computer virus from this site ....had it logged in here for few hours ...then laptop went funny & crashed , was a hassle to get it back , even my paid norton protection didnt work ....

anyone else?

What Virus did you get? Or was it spyware? You sure it came from the site and not from a file like a picture? Viruses can embed in a picture.

Norton sucks, so does Mcafee. Mainly because you have to pay for it. When you can get it for free. Norton is nothing but a system resource HOG. You dont need any of those other programs that come with it either.Dump/uninstall Anything Norton. All you need is Virus protection. Depending on what Version of windows just download one of the free popular virus programs and NOTHING else. You dont need any manage this and manage that programs, protect this security that stuff. Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG, AVAST, Kerpinsky all do the job. (Win7 & 8 have "defender" built in) which is pretty much the same as MSE. But it is NOT user friendly at all. My laptop with Win8 has AVAST and my PC with Win 7 has MSE. I never have any virus/malware/spayware issues, I cant remember the last time I got a virus.But I repair peoples computers all the time that are just loaded with malware/viruses. 95% of the time the reason you get one is actually user error.

The thing with the different virus software is no one company will catch all the viruses. And no one will ever be able to make your PC 100% safe from viruses. Because to catch a virus, they have to know there is one first. Then they put it in the database as one to look for when scanning. While AVG may have found the newest one, Norton or AVAST hasnt yet so they wont catch it. But this is also why your virus updates almost daily. If you dont update regularly you are unprotected from anything new since your last update. 

Anyway anyone using Norton or Mcfee are just wasting money on something you dont need.

Am having trouble lately with the functions on here to write.  Click for colors and font size goes off or click on font size and color goes away and either of them eliminate the Bold and turns it off.  Having a devil of a time lately with those.  Seems none of the font, size, color or Bold buttons want to work with any of the others.

Is your Flash and Java up to date? Which browser you using?

I can reproduce your problem. I have no idea why it is happening or how to fix it. 

UPDATE: The problem seems to be with the Basic Upload utility. I can't get that to work on my iPhone or my PC. The Advance Upload that uses Flash works on my PC, but I can't get the Basic to work. Of course, you can't use a Flash based utility on your iOS device. 

Can anyone else confirm what I am seeing?

On my pc and laptop(same thing btw) the flash works fine, but when I choose the basic uploader it jumps to review & publish and only gives me an upload button, I need a choose file button. So using the basic I cant access the pictures. 

Edited by baggerr

ff-whole did you set the parameters of each of the forums? I have mine set to show me last replied to and only whats new from my last visit and I did that on every one (dont know why we cant just do it once for all of them, its a pain in the ass to do them separate)

Then I just click on the chat bubble icon at the top left of the page and thats all it shows me, whats new from the last time I was here. If you do NOT log out and you come back fairly soon its like you never logged out . Clicking your link will still only show me what my filter is setup for same goes for anyone else that clicks it. Those filters only work when you click the new content link, because that link needs some sort of parameters to show you "new content".

If you did all that or it was working before and you havent changed anything, clear your cache, internet temp files, cookies and history. If that doesnt do it update java..if that doesnt do it, roll a doobie smoke a toke, relax then start over lol :) 

Whether you are clicking on a link, a member's profile, picture, or whatever the case maybe, is anyone else having issues of getting kicked of the website with firewall issues thinking that you are a hacker?  It started about 2 weeks ago.

Whether you are clicking on a link, a member's profile, picture, or whatever the case maybe, is anyone else having issues of getting kicked of the website with firewall issues thinking that you are a hacker?  It started about 2 weeks ago.

what firewall is blocking you? What message does it give you?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.