Cum Union Decision (San Francisco Or Fort Lauderdale?)

Guest SBBOY

I am heading to my first Cum Union event while on vacation in January

Which is going to be the better location? Fort Lauderdale or San Francisco. Will FTL be busy, I've heard January is a busy time, I expect guys getting some winter sun or is that not the case?

My last visits to both these cities ended up being a bit anti-climatic. There were many flakey guys, didn't turn up, made excuses etc

Any advice appreciated

I would go with FLL....that just bc they have a bathhouse to host, unlike SFO.

What date is your vacation? There is MAL weekend in D.C. in January, I might be going to ;)

Actually I live in FLL --- the CU party just got moved.  It was at a hotel/gay resort but now is being hosted as a DAYTIME party at Inn Leather (Another gay hotel/resort).  I wasn't able to make it to the 1st party at the new location but winter time down here is certainly busier and you'll have more "new faces" rather than the regular locals that always attend (LIKE ME!).  I haven't been to SFO so I can't comment on their party, but they FEWEST I've ever seen at the CU in FLL was still over 50 people.

Fags are flaky where ever I am. LOL :(  especially fags that are under 30, & I get stood up a lot more now that i am over 50, not funny butt true. Cumunion party in Chicago will have over 100 RSVP are attending, butt like only third show, in my estimation. Good Luck whatever you decide both are fun sex cities. SF has better food & theater,imho.

Sleazy - CumUnion sent out an email to those of us on the Ft. Lauderdale party list before it was cancelled explaining it was going to be a daytime party at Inn Leather until further notice.  They said they are working on a venue to host a night time party like it used to be but no details on that as of yet!  Hit me up when you come to town, would love to whore you out!

I've heard about the move of the FTL event to Inn Leather but haven't checked it out since. I've been several times to the old locations, and it was ok. Each time i've gone I've wound up leaving and heading to Slammers, which is always hot. I've not been to the one in SF but would really love to go to that one as it is a much bigger city.

You are right that January is peak season in FTL. Let me know if you decide on FTL and I'll try to meet you there. That would be fun.

I'm definietly will be in FTL in January. I've initially booked the Grand Palm Plaza as that was going to be walking distance to the Cum Union party but now it's going to be at Inn Leather, therefore thinking of changing hotel to Inn Leather. However don't want to change it for it not then to be held at Inn Leather

I've heard about the move of the FTL event to Inn Leather but haven't checked it out since. I've been several times to the old locations, and it was ok. Each time i've gone I've wound up leaving and heading to Slammers, which is always hot. I've not been to the one in SF but would really love to go to that one as it is a much bigger city.

You are right that January is peak season in FTL. Let me know if you decide on FTL and I'll try to meet you there. That would be fun.

I'm definietly will be in FTL in January. I've initially booked the Grand Palm Plaza as that was going to be walking distance to the Cum Union party but now it's going to be at Inn Leather, therefore thinking of changing hotel to Inn Leather. However don't want to change it for it not then to be held at Inn Leather

You should ask when you book your room. THey will know. I know for a while their were two CumUnions, one at the Windamar and two weeks later it was held at Club Lauderdale. I think they are back to just the one now. But they should know when you book.

• 3 weeks later...