Are there other bottoms that like bare but not wanting pozzed?

Dex

I have been fucking bareback for years. Still neg. I do fuck undectable guys. I feel that since they are meds the infection chance is very small. If however a guy has never been tested then I will not let him do me raw.

Why not get on PrEP? yes undetectable guys are less risk, but with PrEP you could have fun and almost eliminate your risk.

I agree actually I am more concerned about hep. especially C

agreed, but current research is tending to show that for a neg person, given or receiving the risk is relatively low. HCV isnt present in semen in the same way HIV is, so it shouldn't be as much of an issue. However, with rough sex, or blood contact, that has been shown to increase risk. It also seems that HIV+ men are much more likely to contract HCV than HIV- men, even if they are on treatment.

Even for guys on PrEP if you are worried about STD's the best thing to do is to keep your number of sexual partners low. group sex, and places like bathhouses have always been a place to pick up infections, and that's not going to change.

All the doctors I have talked to about HCV sexual transmission have told me the same thing, regular unprotected sex is fairly low risk for transmission. However, toys, fisting, lack of lube, extremely rough sex, will all increase the risk level.

I am typically pretty versatile, but lately have been caving into my bottom side. Like most guys on this thread, I LOVE getting bred. LOVE IT. There is nothing hotter than a guy unleashing his big load right into my ass. On one level, it makes me feel like I now have a bond with that guy and on another level, it makes me feel like a total subservient whore whose only role is to please men and receive their loads. BUT, I do not want to become poz. I discuss status as much as I can with potential partners to the point where I then make the decision to let them BB me or not. I usually go with my gut feeling on it. I know it is risky.

I actually realized recently firsthand how risky it actually is. Story goes I had a fuck buddy I met on craigslist. We discussed status over e-mail for quite sometime (a couple of weeks) before we actually met. He was neg and said that he also wanted to stay that way and had no tolerance for people who do are not upfront and truthful about their status. He came over one Sunday afternoon and we had great sex. He plowed my hole like the fate of the world depended on it. He loaded me up twice that day.

We met again a small handful of times over the next few months, then one day, I said I think it would be smart if we both got tested together. We both went on a Saturday and got rapid tests done. Both tests negative. We went back to his place and he again fucked my brains out and filled me with his loads. A few months went by and I got really busy with work and had not much time to hook up. He kept texting me, trying to get me to go see him so he can breed me. He missed my ass. I missed him and his cock too but I just did not have the time.

Well, right after Thanksgiving (this point being about four months since we last hooked up), I got a disturbing text message from him. He instructed me to check my e-mail and he apologized for "what he did not know until this morning." Also said that he will probably be unreachable for some time. i checked my e-mail. It turns out he went for his annual blood work, all STD's tested, etc, the week prior. His doctor called him and told him he needed to come in and it was urgent. Turns out he was HIV+.

As soon as I read that, I left work, told them I felt sick and went straight to the nearest clinic. My greatest fear is that he may have been in his window period when I tested with him four months prior and he loaded me up at a point when his viral load was at high levels. I got a quick rapid test, extremely nervous, but the nurse called me in and told me my test was negative. Huge rush of relief. When I finally calmed down and got myself together, I e-mailed him back telling him how awful I felt about his converting to positive and if he needs any support, I am there. I heard back from him about a month later and to this day, we remain friends. He later found out who it was who pozzed him. It happened about two months prior and the guy who did it did not know his + status. He was an avid barebacker and hadn't been tested in over a year, so his VL was probably raging.

The hardest part for me to swallow of the whole thing is that during those months where I did not see him, he kept asking me to get together with him. The only reason I didn't was because I was so busy. Had I free time, I very well may have let him fuck me and load me up... With an extremely toxic load that I would have just assumed was negative because we got tested together. Had I gotten pozzed by him, I don't know what I would have done. I just am not ready to become poz and I don't think I ever will be. It really is scary for me to think about and the experience made me more cautious about who I meet up with.

So, moral of the story for the neg BB bottoms who want to remain neg.... BB is always going to have that risk. Taking loads is always going to be Russian Roulette. Even when you think you KNOW a guy's neg status, he could still be poz. Just make sure to take care of yourselves and don't take any risks you're not comfortable with.

Guest Raxi Starbeam

I love sex. In all its forms. BB sex included. And while I love to BB top and bottom-and get/give the load that comes with it-I don't do it all the time. When I meet someone I know that is not going to be a one night stand, I use condoms until a certain time when we go bare. If it is a one night stand, then we discuss if we are going bare or not. There were a few times I stealthed the bottom but that was a spur of the moment thing.

When I get fucked bare, I love the cum going inside me. I also love shooting inside him. I do my hookups on sites, but there have been times I did so at the bookstore, or in the bathroom in public places that I know are cruising grounds. Almost every time I have done so it was always bare. And the load with it was anon. I knew the risks involved, and to this day I have only gotten one STD which I had cured as soon as I went to my doctor the following week.

I love BB sex, but I don't want to catch HIV. Yet I know the risks involved, so I choose to wear condoms until I get really comfortable with the guy I'm hooking up with. If it's a random, I know that is my riskiest for contracting anything. I've been thinking about taking undetectable loads, and I have a guy in line for it. He's been talking me through, as I don't want to start bug chasing once I start taking undetectable loads.

• 2 months later...

I'd seriously recommend the PROUD study which is still recruiting about 160 places left: http://www.proud.mrc.ac.uk/

It's the only way to get PrEP in the UK, and the American experience has, I think, more than proved it to be viable. Were I still HIV- I'd be on it. Yes, it involves clinic visits and that sort of inconvenience, but there is a testing centre in Birmingham. One, you'd be protecting yourself, and two, you'd be helping shape the future of HIV prevention in the UK. Please give it serious thought.

• 1 month later...
I'd seriously recommend the PROUD study which is still recruiting about 160 places left: http://www.proud.mrc.ac.uk/

It's the only way to get PrEP in the UK

Except for online pharmacies. The PROUD study wouldn't have me for other things I was taking, so I have to import. My GP is off reading about the kidney and liver tests he's going to have to give me, but they're actually going to support me taking PrEP. There's also the CODE clinic in London once a week (designed for drug users) that will apparently do you the blood tests if you're choosing to take them yourself.

Oh, and yes, I'm a barebacker, usually a bottom. Not currently barebacking since I caught chlamydia last year and that sort of shook me up. But that's been abstinence not condoms. It seems so pointless with condoms. I really don't want HIV, quite scared of it really (despite having known several poz guys and spoken with them about how it affects their lives).

Edited by techjames

FFS sake make sure that he knows his nephrology: okay, 1 in a hundred thousand makes for pretty low odds, but they happen and failing kidneys does not make for a fun time - had I not gone to hospital willingly they were prepared to section me under the Mental Health Act. Make sure too, to have an HIV antibody test at least every three months: PrEP is a fraction of full ARV. To take just that subset, should PrEP fail, runs the risk of resistance to some of the most commonly used (ie cheapest) ARVs. Finally, I'd say "know your enemy": get to know more guys with HIV and learn more about how it affects our lives.

Personal opinion: if you're going to take a preventative drug (as PrEP is), surely it makes more sense to carry on taking it even in "dry spells"? You never know when you're going to hit lucky, and re-starting PrEP is a slow business compared to the urgency of sexual desire. Actually waiting for the bus is a slow business in that situation! Best of luck to you...

Yes, I seem to have changed my sexual lifestyle from testing twice, I posted this in another area, not sure if its relevant, but I feel like I had a wake up call, 2nd chance...

Over 2012/3 I really have put my hole out there for anyone to slide in me and drop their loads; even multiple strangers, been in Washrooms/Darkrooms/bathhouses/steam rooms, basically anywhere I can get cock and cum.

Been feeling under the weather a while ago, decided to test for everything and be examined.

Results came back - All Clear. so I decided to wait a while and become celibate for a period and retested again for everything including Gonno/Syph/HepC etc and got my results back again and absolutely Negative and my HEP result was Highly immune and do not need to have a Booster.

To be honest guys,I have never consciously chased or wanted HIV or any bugs etc, but seriously, I have been the biggest slut going.

It has now got me thinking, maybe daft, but could I be immune to a lot of virus/bugs or is it just Plain LUCK?

I seem to have behaved myself of late because of these results and find myself not getting fucked and generally not in the mood!! so not me, wondering if sub consciously I am happy with my results, however; I do miss the raw cock and cum in me. But I am so miserable, but feel like mixed emotions that come with it. I don't want to be poz etc, but I sure miss bending over and being multiply banged by strangers.