What do you call it?

Guest ScottSwallows

The word "Cock" has two non-voiced percussive consonants - with the "k" sound at both the beginning and end of the one-syllable word,  The word "Dick" has only one percussive consonant consonant, the last letter "k".  The "D" must be voiced to be heard commandingly.

In the science of acoustics, which I know a little something about, the "k" consonant is very powerful, and since there are two of them in a one-syllable word, that word is a powerful one.  "Suck my dick" is hardly passive, but "Suck my Cock" is, by virtue of the words  construction, already powerful.  When said with a guttural grunt, "Suck my COCK" becomes a very powerful phrase. 

"Dick is ok for general conversation, but in the context of a darkroom, orgy, t-room, cruise-bar, whatever - Cock is definitely more coarse, more commanding (and thus, appealing).

I get turned on by the word "penis" It's formal and the scientific term, I guess that's what makes it so hot. Something about it feels primal and animalistic or really perverted, like just a basic thing about anatomy, yet I'm so drawn to it...drawn to penis. 

I like when a guy reminds me that I'm sucking his penis, that his hard penis is in my mouth, that I love to eat sperm from mens' penises.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m a “cocksucker”, but I suck my husband’s “dick”.  Semantically speaking it’s the same sexual organ, but it’s a matter of dominance or submissiveness as to which word we use. Just as he says that he fucks my “cunt”, but he refers to me as his “pussy”. Our words, but maybe not yours.

kisses!

I usually say "cock" referring to the penis because that's how I learned it and it's what most people expect, however "cock" originally refers to a vagina. Cock as slang comes from the French word for "cockleshell", and if you look at anatomy, you see that it fits the female form better than the male.  Blues, rap, hip hop references to "cock" are usually talking about a vagina. I think some people assume that cock refers to a rooster, but keep in mind that a rooster doesn't have a penis. I don't know how the term crossed the gender lines, but it can still be used either way.  "Cock" could just mean "genitalia", and "cock sucking" just refers to oral sex regardless of gender.

I've been trying to eliminate that confusion and think of a better term to use for a penis, and the best I've found is ... "Ostrich".  Think about it. An ostrich looks like a penis. An ostrich isn't some squat little bird -- it stands 6 foot tall. And (the myth says) it likes sticking it's head in holes. All in all, that perfectly describes a penis, plus a male ostrich does, in fact, have a penis of it's own. So I think it's time for guys to give that cock back to women and hold on to your ostrich. I think you'll find that once you go ostrich, you'll never go back.

Edited by funpozbottom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

For me its cultural as almost all black American men, especially those who grew up in urban areas say dick. The word 'cock' sounds funny to us and I would NEVER use that term with other black men.

Cocksucker is usually replaced with 'gives head' or 'sucks good dick'.

However I do see more black men embracing the term BBC in their online profiles.

I intentionally code switch depending on my audience.