Have you ever been turned down because of something out of your control(age/race/height/etc)?

Guest letmein1

Not that I’m aware of however, I have turned other guys down due to age. I’m a age guy. I like my tops older. 20 years plus older. While I’ve been fucked by a few guys around my age (30s) I’ve also said no to many more. 

nothing against young guys, just like the older dick.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty up front on my hookup profiles. But I get the guy who hits me up, we chat, exchange pics and...suddenly their profile doesn't exist anymore. SHEESH! Just say not interested and move on!  But yeah, too old main reason I get shot down.(55 but look 45).

Guest takingdeepanal
On 7/14/2019 at 12:08 AM, ErosWired said:

If you count being HIV positive as something out of a person’s control, then I have, multiple times. I was rejected over it at the baths tonight, in fact. The guy knew about Undetectable = Untransmittable but he still wanted no part of me. I’m used to it now; no matter whether a cure emerges or not, the Enemy Virus leaves a scar.

I prefer poz guys. You're welcome inside me at any time!

For me it’s age. I just turned 59 and I’m exploring my bottom/sub side after decades of topping. At 59, I’ve repeatedly been told, you’re too old to be a sub. Leave the younger guys as subs and you go back to topping. Love it ! I define my sexuality and my sexual choices-no one else, ever !

This is an issue not just socially, but employment also. As you get older have you noticed no matter how many interviews you may have job offers dwindle. If you question why you weren’t placed in that position you’ll hear: you aren’t the right fit, we’re not filling the position right now, and my personal favorite, we’re absorbing the position into the department. The real reason your not getting offers is your age. Companies can never tell you it’s because you’re too old, it’s illegal to discriminate against you in employment decisions based on your age. There’s even a nice piece of legislation about this issue. Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA). This is quite honestly the most useless legislation ever enacted. The Reason  it’s useless is because it has no teeth. There’s no way to enforce it, for the reasons I mentioned above. When, unlikely as it is, remedy is sanctioned it’s almost never punitive because it’s impossible to prove. 

I got a little carried away and I apologize for the wordiness. This is an issue that gets to me. 

I’m now off my soap box ! Thanks for reading.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Hmmmm....all very interesting.  I am sure it has happened to most of us.  However, it seems that it is likely to be more apparent and/or even more common via usage of the hook-up apps, as they allow for guys to easily reject others based on the rigidly set aforementioned factors.   Thus, it is my opinion that the “old school” way of meeting people in person has an advantage in this regard.  Why?   Well, a guy whose profile might say that he only wants (for example) brown-haired, green-eyed, under 35, less than 180 lb and over 6 foot men may actually find a connection/attraction to someone who does not quite meet the rigid criteria, if met in person!    Also, in person, if there is no interest, there is the opportunity to be up front about such, via lack of eye contact, a simple and direct  “not interested” or “no thanks”

chiilfuck

2 hours ago, takingdeepanal said:

I prefer poz guys. You're welcome inside me at any time!

@takingdeepanal - I appreciate the support, but total bottom here, so...(:

Actually interestingly to the thread topic, I’m not certain if it was the Top who I mentioned in my post above who wanted no part of me, but in October when I went back up there, a Top hit me up at the hotel  and used me well, and then confessed that he had seen my ad and had been determined to come fuck me because he had learned more about Undetectable and had felt guilty about the way he had reacted toward me the last time! At the baths!!  Maybe it soothed his conscience. People can come around to a new way of thinking, though.

I’ve stopped worrying about rejection altogether. I’m 53, I was never one of the Beautiful People, I have the charisma of a goose and a face made for radio. Really the only thing in my favor is that my ass is apparently pretty enjoyable. So I just throw it all out there in my profiles, recent pics, current age, honest text - knowing right up front that some men are going to reject me out of hand. But that way I also know that those who do hit me up may be interested in taking me as I am.

• Like 1

Guest takingdeepanal
1 minute ago, ErosWired said:

@takingdeepanal - I appreciate the support, but total bottom here, so...(:

Actually interestingly to the thread topic, I’m not certain if it was the Top who I mentioned in my post above who wanted no part of me, but in October when I went back up there, a Top hit me up at the hotel  and used me well, and then confessed that he had seen my ad and had been determined to come fuck me because he had learned more about Undetectable and had felt guilty about the way he had reacted toward me the last time! At the baths!!  Maybe it soothed his conscience. People can come around to a new way of thinking, though.

I’ve stopped worrying about rejection altogether. I’m 53, I was never one of the Beautiful People, I have the charisma of a goose and a face made for radio. Really the only thing in my favor is that my ass is apparently pretty enjoyable. So I just throw it all out there in my profiles, recent pics, current age, honest text - knowing right up front that some men are going to reject me out of hand. But that way I also know that those who do hit me up may be interested in taking me as I am.

Never hurts to offer. Never hurts to ask 😄

It's good to see that he used his initiative and decided to investigate - and I'm sure that both of you would have agreed that the wait was worth it. I'm the same as you. Average face and not much personality, but my ass has always received praise.

Guest takingdeepanal
2 hours ago, Daddyph said:

For me it’s age. I just turned 59 and I’m exploring my bottom/sub side after decades of topping. At 59, I’ve repeatedly been told, you’re too old to be a sub. Leave the younger guys as subs and you go back to topping. Love it ! I define my sexuality and my sexual choices-no one else, ever !

This is an issue not just socially, but employment also. As you get older have you noticed no matter how many interviews you may have job offers dwindle. If you question why you weren’t placed in that position you’ll hear: you aren’t the right fit, we’re not filling the position right now, and my personal favorite, we’re absorbing the position into the department. The real reason your not getting offers is your age. Companies can never tell you it’s because you’re too old, it’s illegal to discriminate against you in employment decisions based on your age. There’s even a nice piece of legislation about this issue. Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA). This is quite honestly the most useless legislation ever enacted. The Reason  it’s useless is because it has no teeth. There’s no way to enforce it, for the reasons I mentioned above. When, unlikely as it is, remedy is sanctioned it’s almost never punitive because it’s impossible to prove. 

I got a little carried away and I apologize for the wordiness. This is an issue that gets to me. 

I’m now off my soap box ! Thanks for reading.

Agree 100% about the age discrimination thing. I'm 48 - and I hear the same excuses. Why not just tell the truth (that I'm not only too old, but male). If being gay was considered a "disability" I would have no problems being hired.

Guest takingdeepanal
16 minutes ago, skylon said:

Been turned down for being:

too old,

HIV positive

"being the kind of guy to date, not hook-up"

not wanting to use condoms

On the contrary.

I just looked at your profile - and you are the right age. I love poz guys who fuck raw and who are older than me, and who might be looking at more than just a hook-up.

Guest Porthos
1 hour ago, takingdeepanal said:

On the contrary.

I just looked at your profile - and you are the right age. I love poz guys who fuck raw and who are older than me, and who might be looking at more than just a hook-up.

And we couldn't be further away

Age (of course) although -surprisingly- in recent years this seems to attract a whole new range of younger guys who like to fuck a Daddy. Apparently I was "too young" before that?

For not being vers or a top: "if you're a Daddy why don't you top?" WTF?

• Like 2