Covid Vaccination, are you?

DarkroomTaker

On 2/22/2021 at 8:34 AM, tallslenderguy said:

?  

We're still learning about space travel too, but that has not kept science from getting us to the moon. It's likely we'll never know everything about anything, but that does not have to preclude efforts at progress.

This whole thing reminds me of travel in "The Island". 

Covid-19 is very real, however this was a rushed vaccine and those who are having severe side effects are being ridiculed and ignored. When this vaccine has long term safety studies, is indepenantly reviewed, and has actual long term safety studies along with FDA approval I might consider it, until then it is a hard no. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Evilsexboy said:

Covid-19 is very real, however this was a rushed vaccine and those who are having severe side effects are being ridiculed and ignored. When this vaccine has long term safety studies, is indepenantly reviewed, and has actual long term safety studies along with FDA approval I might consider it, until then it is a hard no. 

Except that the number of "severe side effects" cases are vanishingly small. 

To date, in the US alone, nearly 150 million doses have been administered. To date, somewhere around 5 people PER MILLION vaccinated have had a severe reaction.

I don't know *anyone* who's been "ridiculed or ignored" for having a severe side effect. The people who are being ridiculed and ignored are the ones screaming that this is some sort of poison or a secret means to inject biochips into us for the government to track us. 

• Upvote 1

My husband and I had Pfizer shots. Both rounds. No after-effects at all. But one of our playmates just completed the seconded round of Moderna and is sick as hell with a big red knot at the injection point. Totally different experiences.

On 3/31/2021 at 11:38 AM, BootmanLA said:

And for what it's worth, I had my second shot today (Moderna - thank you Dolly Parton). 

I will add, now that it's two days out: yes, I had a reaction (achiness in the injection site - which is still there; exhaustion that set in about 30 hours after the shot, but which is now gone). Was it significant? Yes. Am I still glad I got the vaccine? Absolutely. Two days of feeling a little under the weather in exchange for effectively no chance of getting hospitalized if I contract Covid-19, and a chance of contracting it that approaches zero? That's a no-brainer.

• Like 1

I've already gotten my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine. The injection site was sore for a couple of days, but no side effects. I reduced the soreness by regularly massaging the area and doing arm stretches. I highly recommend it. 

I get my second poke on the 13th!

I had the Oxford vaccine on Thursday, felt a little shit yesterday but all good now. I have a family member who thinks it’s all a conspiracy and it just angers me so much how selfish people can be. If we all had that attitude we’ll never get out of this. Also those that think this has been rushed, yes it has but not at the expense of proper procedure. A normal vaccine takes much longer not because it’s gone through more safety checks but because of how much time the red tape normally takes. As a human race we really are pathetic sometimes, the internet is great, but it’s also created a generation where facts don’t matter. The world we enjoyed, the clubs we fucked in, will never get back without the vaccine that’s a fact.

• Like 2