Ok, well I’m not going to make a lot of friends on this, but oh well. My intent just to help others and bring some context from my perspective. I’m going to speak in generalizations (I.e. my experience an the experiences of those around me plus my opinions). 

1. Too often with interracial sex, white guys look at is as just that: sex. Too many black men are in an eternal quest for sexual and social proximity to ANY white man, they look at interracial sex as validation.  I have seen several black men sign away houses, purchase cars, change insurance, and squander away resources in hopes of ingratiating themselves with some white guy who could clearly give a damn about them. 

2. Alot of gay black men have a deep vitriol for other blacks. They hold on to a few names guys called them in high school or a few hypocritical family members, and will use this to justify “I only like white men.” The mere presence of other black men makes them unhappy, especially in a sexual environment  But they will completely ignore the racism of the white gays. 

3. When white men say they want a “diverse experience” they often refer to religion, custom, socially, or some other group (which aspires to be white). When many black people say “diverse experience ” many mean non-black experience. I have not heard a white guy yet say they ever wanted a “non-white” experience, unless it wad strictly in the bedroom.

4. A lot of older/middle aged black men where raised on some Queer Eye shit and they aspire to be the only “black friend.” And they can be extremely cut throat of another black guy starts hanging around the circle, especially younger.

5. A lot of these older black men are broke as hell and mad. They’re not going to tell you the real because they are ashamed they wasted their lives and resources on some Megan Markle fantasy. They are still hoping for that rich white jock to come play captain save a hoe, and introduce them to their hoards of hot gym Buddy friends so they can live a life filled with orgies where they are the only black guy.

7. I’ve fucked plenty of white guys. I also been BS’d a lot too. No bitterness here. 

My overall point is if your a younger black guy, be level headed and enjoy interracial sex for what it is: sex. If it becomes more than that, cool. But let it flow naturally. But don’t be so desperate for a white you end up getting hurt or even worse, broke. Read these posts, learn, Keep your expectations realistic. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fskn said:

As I was reading I thought, "He must be talking about San Leandro!" It's a small, formerly agricultural city east of Oakland, on the San Francisco Bay. It was segregated in exactly the way you describe. Police were stationed at the border, to follow any African American who entered.

Industrialized building techniques for single-family homes were pioneered in and around San Leandro at the end of World War II.

Sounds a lot like Levittown. That was built post-WW2 to handle the post-war building expansion into the suburbs, but that also facilitated the flight from cities in the post-war years. There was no 'racial segregation', but there were other ways to prevent non-white minorities from access and there were very, very few black folks there. At least at first. As towns like Levittown fell out of favor, the original owners began to sell off and the blacks moved in. For the Levittown outside Philadelphia, it became far more black occupied with blacks looking to move away from Philly. New York's version was similar in time.

I'd like to say this is all a thing of the past, but in many ways it's not. I live in a planned development now (one of the largest ones in terms of units), and prior to 2021's developments, there were fewer barriers to access. So we had a more diverse society moving in as the community expanded, which is less the case now because of the economics of it (real estate values here have more than doubled in the past 18 months). So that becomes a barrier to entrance for many, including non-minorities. Inflation makes most people poorer.

I know this is a little off-topic, but since we veered into racial topics, I think there's still relevance in what comprises barriers based on race and equality.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, fskn said:

Whatever city you grew up in, you seem to have broken the rules of segregation from a young age. Bravo for meeting people of all races, on a social level and later, on a sexual level as well!

^ 100% ... it takes real balls to break these kind of cultural hatreds, but broken they must become.  

These days, on the political front, I see the takeover of the RepubliKan party as the last gasp of Institutionalized Racism in this country, and it's about fucking time.  I won't go on, since this isn't the "politics" section, but I hope with all my heart that this depravity of hatred meets it's final, desperate failure in November, and beyond.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hntnhole said:

These days, on the political front, I see the takeover of the RepubliKan party as the last gasp of Institutionalized Racism in this country, and it's about fucking time.  I won't go on, since this isn't the "politics" section...

You're right. It isn't the politics section. Be very careful - I'm not a Democrat, nor am I a Trump Republican. I'm a conservative Libertarian, and definitely not a racist. All due respect, please leave this over in LGBT Politics. 

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
On 5/12/2022 at 3:48 PM, TheSRQDude said:

I won't go on, since this isn't the "politics" section...

You're right. It isn't the politics section. Be very careful - I'm not a Democrat, nor am I a Trump Republican. I'm a conservative Libertarian, and definitely not a racist. All due respect, please leave this over in LGBT Politics. 

<Looks at nav strip>

Um, guys... I have bad news for you. This is the Politics section.

That said, even in the Politics section, respect is good.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I am a 50/50 white/latino mix and grew up in a wealthy, white, conservative enclave in Southern California. I could count on my hands the number of black people I encountered in school. Coming out at 20, and dating, I just assumed I wasn’t attracted to most black men.

I think it’s like a food you’ve never tried before, in that you don’t know that you’ll like it until you’ve tried it. I had my first sexual experience with a black man when I was 30, and it opened up my eyes and my tastes.

By 40, I’ve realized that the unfamiliar is worth exploring. I’ve had opportunities for sex with guys of a lot of different races. I also opened my horizons to much older men and a few physically disabled guys. I have come to feel that age, race and disability should not disqualify someone as a sexual partner because each of these experiences broadened my horizons and helped me to have a deeper empathy with people whose experience has been much different from my own. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

Feeling sexually attracted to men of a certain race rather than to men of another race has nothing to do with racism I think.

But 'saying no' can be done in a blunt and indeed racist way instead of in a neutral, polite way. Some people are simply blunt and racist in the way they express themselves about a sexual preference which in itself is not racist.

Personnally I've always been more attracted to latin, arab, south-east asian and black men instead of white men like myself, but there have always been exceptions both ways and with time shifts in sexual taste may happen. Lately, it's more about sexual attitude and mindset for me and less about race.

Edited by guy4it
  • Upvote 1

On 5/14/2022 at 10:17 AM, viking8x6 said:

<Looks at nav strip>

Um, guys... I have bad news for you. This is the Politics section.

That said, even in the Politics section, respect is good.

Yeah, whoops. I noticed that right afterward but couldn't delete. Wearing the whole omelette on my face for sure. But...I'll not only respect but actively defend the rights of others to have a differing view -- especially since being a conservative in an LGBT discussion is apparently a curious thing. 

Nonetheless, let's have enough respect for each other than to accuse any of us being racist, especially if you haven't walked a few miles in each other's shoes (no, I'm not lending out my shoes for the purpose). 😃

Peace.

It’s beyond me how anyone can think ‘I don’t like some entire race, religion etc’. I’m a chub so I know I’m not on many menu’s but I’m a fan of anyone that enjoys my big round ass. 

I believe like every opinion, it comes from where we’re from and our experiences. I’ve been fortunate to have great experiences with all races. I seem to be on some cultural menu’s more than others, just don’t be a douche, it’s ok if you’re not into big men. If you are- by all means give a shout I’m in Bay Area (North) and I get to the city often. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, BeefyNbayAss said:

It’s beyond me how anyone can think ‘I don’t like some entire race, religion etc’. I’m a chub so I know I’m not on many menu’s but I’m a fan of anyone that enjoys my big round ass. 

I believe like every opinion, it comes from where we’re from and our experiences. I’ve been fortunate to have great experiences with all races. I seem to be on some cultural menu’s more than others, just don’t be a douche, it’s ok if you’re not into big men. If you are- by all means give a shout I’m in Bay Area (North) and I get to the city often. 

You sound like someone with a really positive attitude. As has been said, sexy comes in all colors...and also all shapes and sizes! 😉

On 5/12/2022 at 2:45 AM, BlackDude said:

My overall point is if your a younger black guy, be level headed and enjoy interracial sex for what it is: sex. If it becomes more than that, cool. But let it flow naturally. But don’t be so desperate for a white you end up getting hurt or even worse, broke. Read these posts, learn, Keep your expectations realistic

Thanks, BlackDude for this reply.  The more I read, the more deeply I understand. 

One thing I don't understand though, is why would some Black men ........

Too many black men are in an eternal quest for sexual and social proximity to ANY white man, they look at interracial sex as validation

would want to place themselves in the situation where the old ways are reinforced?  Why would any Black man put up with the racist crap, let alone seek it out?  Why would any Black man put up with the same old racist garbage?  While I don't endorse the perverse notion of White Privilege, I can at least comprehend how desperately some white folks are clinging to it so desperately.  For many, there's not much else to them in the first place.  To be blunt, there are far too many white men that don't deserve any honor at all in this context, and think that merely an accident of their birth constitutes Privilege. 

The tragedy in Minneapolis served to awaken millions of clueless Caucasians to the perversion of humanity we call racism.  That is, at least, the thinnest of silver (no, not even silver - how about tin) linings to that truly evil event.  If these Black men are looking for validation, looking to centuries of oppression by white men would be - I would think - be the very last place they'd look.  Validation from their oppressors?  I just don't get that part. They should look to the gargantuan amount of perseverance their own ancestors created and have maintained, handed down through generations.  

As I said in my earlier reply, I was told 'sexy comes in all shapes, sizes, colors and ages' but the same can be said for jerks.  In various other threads, I've talked about my dear friend with benefits, a sweet, sexy black man but I feel the need to elaborate.  We chatted online for a few weeks until we finally agreed to meet.  Our first kiss lasted 10 minutes and it was more passionate than any kiss I'd ever experienced.   That passion extended  to the bedroom.  (I need to provide some background which will become pertinent later.  At the time, I was still with the man who would become my ex, a sexual racist, he had friends of all races, but only had sex with white men and only if they were circumcised.  That should have been a red flag, but I digress.  We were both too slutty for monogamy, so we entered into an open relationship, never playing as a couple and never in our own bed.  As the years went by, I evolved and embraced my piggy/kinky side while he remained 100% vanilla.  I'd return from playing, smelling of cum, piss and ass.  He'd complain and I told him if he didn't like it, he could sleep on the sofa.  Our sex life dwindled and in our 8th year it stopped altogether and he was just a body in bed.)  This was when I met the sweet, sexy black man.  After our first time, we progressed to fuckbuds and eventually friends with benefits, meeting regularly and establishing a deep emotional connection.  In my 10th year with the ex, he did something that betrayed my trust.  Not a violent man, I yelled at him and suggested he visit his parents for the weekend.  Once he'd left, I knew it was over.  I called my sweet, sexy friend and just giving him a general idea of the breakup, he said he was free, so I told him to pack a bag and I'd be driving him to my place for the weekend.  We spent the entire weekend fucking the stench of my ex out of the bed and sleeping with him brought us even closer, only leaving our bed for meals and dumps.  Circumstances never aligned for it, but I truly believe we could've become lovers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 4/21/2022 at 4:00 PM, Blkmuscbreeder said:

I think in threads like this, very few men are going to come forward and say "I'm not attracted to this race or that race". It's become too [banned word] to say things like that.

Personally I wish it wasn't. I remember when I first got on the apps, say 10 years ago, when guys use to let everyone know on their profile which races they were and were not attracted to. I miss that. I don't want to waste my time hitting up a guy that's not into me 🤷🏿‍♂️. I understand as a Black man I'm not everyone's cup of tea (no one is), and perfectly ok with that!

Exactly people have personal preference just say what it is. I think most guys have a preference on race height look weight etc. There are a lot of variables lets just be honest. That was me when I was in high school but in college I opened up my first experience with a black guy was the first time I came from penetration alone. After that I didn't really have any hang-ups haha. and I don't get mad when I'm turned down either lots of guys aren't into 6'6" bottoms 

On 5/22/2022 at 7:24 PM, hntnhole said:

One thing I don't understand though, is why would some Black men ........

Too many black men are in an eternal quest for sexual and social proximity to ANY white man, they look at interracial sex as validation

would want to place themselves in the situation where the old ways are reinforced?  Why would any Black man put up with the racist crap, let alone seek it out?  Why would any Black man put up with the same old racist garbage?

Long story short, when you’ve been told for centuries that your community isn’t on-par with other communities, some people start to internalize that. Hence my comment about “graduating from black society.” A lot of these guys look at proximity to whiteness as “leveling up.” 

Also, oppression is not possible without collaborators. Unfortunately, a lot of black men feel the choice is simple: sell out to the winning team. We seen this is nazi-Germany. Of course, it never ends well. 

Again, I’m not against interracial dating or sex. I’m just saying know the game and don’t be taken advantage of. And always maintain your self esteem and dignity!

Edited by viking8x6
Corrected quote
  • Like 1