1 hour ago, topblkmale said:

If you can use an alternate address of a family or friend, consider going to another jurisdiction like Long Island or New Jersey.

i wish but dont' have anyone i could use - i thought of it because i think Yonkers and Long Island were doing 2nd doses but i'll have to wait - i'm okay staying celibate but i want to finish the course for my own health.

38 minutes ago, TaKinGDeePanal said:

Seeing as the current POTUS is supposedly pro-LBGTQI+ (and Monkeypox is noticeably more prevalent in the gay community), why hasn’t the production of MPX vaccines been ramped up?

It's not that simple. The US recently got a large shipment of vaccine doses from Denmark (where  they are manufactured).  Both my shots came from there. More are coming.

[think before following links] https://www.wsj.com/articles/fda-clears-danish-monkeypox-vaccine-plant-paving-way-for-use-of-doses-in-u-s-11658952436 (Paywall)

Also, this was a surprise. No one knew it was coming. It was a bad set of circumstances, compounded, and seems to me they're doing a pretty  decent job coping. I live in New Orleans (which isn't always the best organized place) and getting the vaccine was easy. There have been multiple vaccine clinics at bars (both the Corner Pocket and the Phoenix) and local health people seem to be on top of it. 

As gay men it is incumbent on US to protect our own health. Don't fuck as many people (or any) until you're fully vaccinated. You don't want it, a friend had it and it was very  unpleasant. I had shingles as a teenager (with similar blisters) and it was NO FUN. It was all over my jerk off hand, so 15 year old me wasa SUPER DUPER unhappy about it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TaKinGDeePanal said:

@Sfmike64 - thank you for the clarification. I wasn’t try to politicise the issue (there’s been more than enough of that in the last 6 or so years). Just trying to find out more information. 

BTW, I’m in the States next year. Want to meet you. 

I wasn't picking on you, mate, just adding some more information to this discussion.

I think it's important that we try to keep on top of what is happening and spread the word. If you hear about vaccine availability in your city, post about it on social media. It's one thing that is good for, disseminating information quickly and widely. 

4 minutes ago, Sfmike64 said:

I wasn't picking on you, mate, just adding some more information to this discussion.

I think it's important that we try to keep on top of what is happening and spread the word. If you hear about vaccine availability in your city, post about it on social media. It's one thing that is good for, disseminating information quickly and widely. 

I know you weren't - and it's all good! 🙂 

Too much information (as long as it's correct) is better than not enough. I'm due for my 6-monthly test at my clinic. Going to ask them if MPX vaccine is available yet (Melbourne, Australia).

• Upvote 1

Was first in my city to get the shot. I get cold sores on my lips occasionally, thanks mom, have all my life. It's amazing how such small lesions make me feel so hideous and not worthy of being seen. 

I can only imagine pox marks are orders of magnitude more crushing. 

My heart goes out to anyone with them... You're the same sexy stud no matter what. 

9 hours ago, ass said:

MPx cases are going down in NYC and globally.

Either more people are getting vaccinated or more people abstaining. Probably both.

Or MPX is running out of people to infect. Cases heavily down in Spain too and there's no vax there and has been shrugged off in general.  I'm pretty convinced this outbreak is due group sex dynamics, and many partners in short time.  The moment it hits straight people or dudes who take it easy that's a dead end. 

On 8/28/2022 at 1:41 AM, ass said:

MPx cases are going down in NYC and globally.

Either more people are getting vaccinated or more people abstaining. Probably both.

Also the the local news is not reporting it as often. Which probably corresponds with less testing being done.

I've noticed it has fallen off the national "world" news broadcasts. They're saving it for a slow news night later this week. Probably Thursday or Friday when folks are focused on the 3 day holiday weekend. They do the scarier news stories then.

Watch! 

Edited by topblkmale
grmr

On 8/20/2022 at 4:45 AM, polyglutton said:

Here's my experience with the vaccine:

got my first shot on 22 July, and felt ill for 11 days after. Headaches, foggy or slow brain, general fatigue. No rash then, and although the injection site was hard and a bit swollen, it was only a 1 on a 1-10 scale of itchiness. 

However by 6 August, I developed an itchy rash on my forearms. It was itchiest on the left forearm (but no lesions developed). My right forearm was less itchy BUT I developed three small lesions, that look like the ones in the pictures I've seen, thankfully smaller than the average ones depicted. It took a week for the lesions to go down, I'd say the itchiness was a 4 out of 10. No scarring, but I find the mini-lesions as a part of my immune response unusual compared to what I've heard explained in expected side-effects. 

I am isolating and have no mpox exposure

Good news, a week after my second dose (intradermal this time) I only felt bad for a week instead of two, and the swelling at the injection site is already going down. Huzzah. 

• Administrators
On 8/27/2022 at 5:45 PM, TaKinGDeePanal said:

Seeing as the current POTUS is supposedly pro-LBGTQI+ (and Monkeypox is noticeably more prevalent in the gay community), why hasn’t the production of MPX vaccines been ramped up?

As @Sfmike64 mentioned, ramping up vaccine production isn't simple. One of the reasons why we don't have vaccines is because the manufacturer started making them in a new plant and the US didn't inspect and approve the production at the plant quickly enough. So there are millions (?) of doses that we've purchased that are just sitting in a warehouse. As soon as we approve the production from that plant they can be shipped to the US. It's a huge failure on the part of the Biden administration, but at the same time we want safeguards like that to be in place.

I think they're also talking about licensing the process of creating the vaccine to US drug/vaccine manufacturers in case it becomes a wider problem and the manufacturer can't produce as many doses as we need. But nothing about that is simple either.

• Upvote 4

I am currently awaiting my test results but per the doctor at the local clinic - the spots I have on my body look like Monkeypox lesions. 

guy I lady hooked up with is a regular. Sent me a text last Friday he tested positive after showing symptoms the week before, a few days after we hooked up. It took 10 days for mine to appear. Now have to quarantine for 2-3 weeks (4 worst case) which sucks because I live with family and have two dogs. And they can get it and transmit it back to people as well. And my parents are diabetic. 

be cautious everyone and get the vaccine 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PigBoyDallas said:

I hadn't slowed down hooking up on account of monkey pox but did get vaccinated today as I'm going to Corpus Christi this weekend and planned on hooking up...didn't want to take chances.

I hate to be a spoilsport, but a vaccine taken today will only be very partially effective by the weekend - something on the order of 50% for HIV-negative guys (if I remember correctly) and even less for guys who are HIV+, even those who are undetectable. Not sure of your HIV status, but I wouldn't count on a Tuesday shot offering significant protection by Friday night.

• Upvote 3