20 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

As far as I know, I've never met him ..... but then, I don't ask questions like that in the fuckjoints either.  If he's still around though, I may have seen him over at RR, and didn't know it.  

However, speaking of politicians/elections, I'm glad that Demings is going to go after Our Dancing Daughter .... hopefully kick his sodden ass out on the street.  I doubt that Christ can dislodge DeathSantis though ... 

Yes I have enjoyed watching Val Demings say "when you don't go to work, you lose your job".  Well said Val, little Marco has that awful attendance record I hope his ass is kicked to the curb by big Val.

I have to admit I voted for our "firmly in the closet" Charlie Christ.  Interesting, he has a new "fiancé" during this election cycle.  I voted for him because I thought he was the only Democrat who could even come close to DeSantis.  Miss Nikki (nice face work btw) could never overthrow DeSatan.  I can tell you this, here in Saint Pete I don't know a gay man who isn't a registered Democrat and is not poised to try and defeat DeSantis in the general election.  My partner works for the city, and the African American women he works with do not like DeSantis telling them what they can and can not do with their bodies, so they are going to vote for Charlie.  If every gay man in this state who is eligible to vote would cast their ballot for Charlie I think he could win.  I cringe at those new commercials DeSantis has put out, looking at these letters he received from constituents who say how much they adore him.  I literally become sick. I know he has an incredible amount of money, he has presidential aspirations (that would be a nightmare) I just hope Charlie can gain some votes in the northern part of the state.

When DeSantis won the last time, it wasn't by much.  That in-the-closet mayor of Tally almost beat him, it was only by a few percentage points DeSantis won.  If there were not so many racists in parts of this state I think DeSantis would have been beaten.  But currently, with all of his medaling with school boards, firing the State Attorney in Tampa, and limiting abortion services I think DeSantis may be making some enemies.  Or at least I hope the suburban soccer Moms are furious enough to be told they can't have their daughter's untimely pregnancies terminated that they vote for Charlie.

So you don't think he has a shot?  I remember you mentioning Charlie in an earlier post, and you thought he was a long shot back then.  I still think he was the only Democrat who could be DeSantis, I voted early for him

Your prediction is probably true, I would LOVE to see Val dancing if she defeats Rubio.  That would be a treat...

10 hours ago, TripA84 said:

Got my first shot yesterday, the injection site is a little inflamed and forearm is sore.  Also been fatigued and some chills, not sure if that’s normal. I didn’t realize you needed two shots, so I have to go back in month. I had been looking everyday the last month on the local county website but the appointments were always booked.  I guess south Florida just received a big shipment. 

521CC0A8-B32E-47B4-BD4B-95EBA034CD2E.jpeg

Thats normal. My first dose of JYNNEOS was just like that. I had cold chills and flu-like symptoms for a day or two following the injection. I just returned from getting my second dose a little bit ago.

11 hours ago, TripA84 said:

Got my first shot yesterday, the injection site is a little inflamed and forearm is sore.  Also been fatigued and some chills, not sure if that’s normal. I didn’t realize you needed two shots, so I have to go back in month. I had been looking everyday the last month on the local county website but the appointments were always booked.  I guess south Florida just received a big shipment. 

521CC0A8-B32E-47B4-BD4B-95EBA034CD2E.jpeg

I assume you got the intradermal shot?  My first shot (sub cu, July 5) I had no reaction. My second shot (yesterday, ID) gave me a welt at the injection site that looked like a mosquito bite. 

• Moderators
22 hours ago, topblkmale said:

The mpx vaccine gives you antibodies similar to the Covid vaccine.

You might want to clarify what you mean by that. A lot of people are confused.

22 hours ago, topblkmale said:

However, there has never been a study to assess the ability to prevent mpx infection or to stop transmissions.

For the current (Jynneos) vaccine, this is true. From the FDA announcement of its approval (2019):

The effectiveness of Jynneos for the prevention of smallpox was determined in a clinical study comparing the immune responses in study participants who received either Jynneos or ACAM2000, an FDA-approved vaccine for the prevention of smallpox. The study included approximately 400 healthy adults, 18 through 42 years of age who had never been vaccinated for smallpox, in which half of the study participants received two doses of Jynneos administered 28 days apart, and half received one dose of ACAM2000. The group vaccinated with Jynneos had an immune response that was not inferior to immune responses to ACAM2000. Vaccine effectiveness for the prevention of smallpox was also inferred from supportive animal studies that showed prior vaccination with Jynneos protected non-human primates who were exposed to viruses related to the smallpox virus.

The effectiveness of Jynneos for the prevention of monkeypox disease is inferred from the antibody responses in the smallpox clinical study participants and from studies in non-human primates that showed protection of animals vaccinated with Jynneos who were exposed to the monkeypox virus.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, hntnhole said:

That's true - and it's being shipped to <polite cough> "hot spots" all over the country.  "Hot" being defined by areas where there are a lot of rawmen fucking each other.

That looks exactly like my arm did when I got the first shot - but the bump/redness was gone in maybe 6 hours.  The itch went away in even less time, and it was barely noticeable.  You'll be out with us, doing what you need to do in short order, bud .... 

🤣 but it doesn’t even have to be raw fucking.  All you have to do is touch the person you’re having sex with, which leads to questions of what exactly straight people do together.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NEDenver said:

🤣 but it doesn’t even have to be raw fucking.  All you have to do is touch the person you’re having sex with, which leads to questions of what exactly straight people do together.

I agree, the local cuddle group, which strictly forbids sexual contact at their events, has canceled their events after cases appeared after their July events. Some of the events are mixed, which I didn't realize until a couple of days ago, and not all of the cases were men.

7 hours ago, ellentonboy said:

Yes I have enjoyed watching Val Demings say "when you don't go to work, you lose your job"

I'm very please she won the primary, and I think she'll be able to toss Our Dancing Daughter right back to the trashdumps of Miami.  Already sent her another check - she'll need all the dough she can get. 

As to Christ, I didn't live here when he was Governor, so I don't know a huge amount about him.  He presents well, but then sometimes even I can rise to that level too.  I know, of course, that he's a willow-the-wisp regarding party loyalty, but I'll vote straight-ticket in any case.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NEDenver said:

I personally don't believe this to be true (unless your touching someone with active symptoms for prolonged periods)

3 minutes ago, topblkmale said:

I personally don't believe this to be true (unless your touching someone with active symptoms for prolonged periods)

Active symptoms (which covers a lot), yes.

Prolonged periods, no. It's certainly *easier* to contract monkeypox from a more prolonged contact, but as long as the virus comes in contact with a hospitable body surface on which to begin to replicate, infection is definitely possible. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, EricX said:

I assume you got the intradermal shot?  My first shot (sub cu, July 5) I had no reaction. My second shot (yesterday, ID) gave me a welt at the injection site that looked like a mosquito bite. 

Yes it was intradermal. It definitely looks and feels like a bad mosquito bite. I don’t have the chills anymore. 

Got my second today. First was regular, this one was intradermal. 
First shot was high up on my bicep. Barely felt it, no pain or soreness

This second shot was inside lower arm. Like others have said, looked like a mosquito bite for about an hour. Bubble has gone down but some redness. Mush more visible if you are going back to work in a t shirt like I was, lol. But again, no real pain or soreness

Happy to be close to rejoining the ranks of cumdumps

16 hours ago, hntnhole said:

I'm very please she won the primary, and I think she'll be able to toss Our Dancing Daughter right back to the trashdumps of Miami.  Already sent her another check - she'll need all the dough she can get. 

As to Christ, I didn't live here when he was Governor, so I don't know a huge amount about him.  He presents well, but then sometimes even I can rise to that level too.  I know, of course, that he's a willow-the-wisp regarding party loyalty, but I'll vote straight-ticket in any case.  

He was on MSNBC at 5pm last night being interviewed by Nicole Wallace.  He mentioned he had previously been a republican and how he plans on attacking DeSantis and his extremist views.  I am not sure if you are aware but DeSantis only won the governor's race by approximately 35,000 votes (actually less) over the former mayor of Tally.  I believe it was four tenths of one percent difference in the overall vote, the tightest race for Governor in the history of Florida.

DeSantis is going to use Charlie's past positive comments about President Biden against him, and that should do well with his base.  But I am reading that almost a third of this state are not part of either the Democratic or Republican Parties.  So Christ needs to get those folks to vote for him.  Considering how right wing DeSantis has been on a woman's right to choose, LGBT issues, book bans, replacing State Attorney's etc., there may be people out there who don't share his views and vote for Christ.  I am praying they do.

I still think Val is going to send Marco packing........I love her commercials, no matter how many  times I see them.

Let's hope we can turn this state blue...

• Like 1