I'm Neg, Dating a Poz Guy

TxBBTop

A friend of mine works in a local AIDS Task Force center. She says that over half of her "clients" are in relationships where the one is poz and the other is neg. Most of those couples have been in relationships lasting at least five years and the neg remains neg. Granted, she can't say whether they are having bareback sex, but there are more people in your situation than you may realize.

As far as telling... Yeah... That's his info to share. Keep it between you two. :)

Also I was wondering, if you were neg and your partner was poz... would you tell your friends? I mean... it really is none of their business... but I almost feel like they should know.

I dont see any reason why others should know his status. Just as they don't need to know who is the top and who is the bottom and if you spit or swallow.. etc..

I'm happy for you and hats off to you for deciding to be with a poz guy. All the date-able neg guys I've told (and there have been only 3), ran away.

I dont know the law where you are but here in Canada if you disclose anothers status you could be breaking the law. It's upto him to disclose his status though it isnt necessary as he isnt having sex with your friends.

http://www.aidslaw.ca/publications/interfaces/downloadFile.php?ref=187

Edited by Totop

Ahh I see well I wouldnt have disclosed his status without his position. And thank you. I told myself I wouldnt let a silly thing like HIV come between me and someone I care about. Especially if the guy im dating is undetectable. And especially since Im a barebacker :)

• 6 months later...
HungLatinDom, you got pozzed without EVER bottoming?

can't speak for someone else, but i sure did. i'm living proof that total tops that don't share needles or do anything else risky can also catch the bug. and no, i wasn't actively trying at all. only BBed a few times... guess i rolled the dice one time too many. but i agree with all others, my ex bf was neg and thank god he stayed neg. and IMHO thats very personal information that i wouldn't want made public unless someone else was put at risk somehow.

it has nothing to do with your friends who you are dating regards age or HIV status....life is for living and not looking for approval from friends or family......do whatever makes you happy and if your friends dont like any of it then they are NOT real friends.

im not a wealthy sugar daddy but id love a younger guy to date - its finding someone thats the prob for me despite trying....i just need to find someone who isnt on the make and is mature enough to commit to something long term and who wont care what the world thinks

I was in relationship with two different neg guys (I am poz) and it didn't work out. It was my issue mosly, not theirs. I can not be thinking about the status of another guy when I try to fuck, or to have an open relationship. I don't want the resposibility of someone turning poz, I don't want to deal with frustrating relationships in which I have to explain a lot about sex, meds, doctor visits, etc. I am no one to offer advice, I am only telling you my story. I can not deal with Neg guys, always concerned, always asking questions... no way. As much as I loved those guys, there is no way I can get involved with a neg guy again. Too much trouble and not enough satisfaction.

I have been with my bf for 2 years now... he is poz, I am neg. I was previously in a 19 year relationship that ended badly....for both of us. I have finally found what I have been wanting all of my life and I won't waste a single minute of this relationship..including fucking raw. I want him in me, I want to feel him in me. I don't care he's poz. His levels are undetectable, doesn't mean that the virus isn't there. But I live this life once, and I have to live it to the fullest. He worries now and again, but it's my body, my choice. All or nothing at this point.

When he found out he was poz, his so called"friends" rejected him, dating was impossible and he had nearly given up on finding happiness.. well guess what? There is someone out there for everyone, he found it and so did I. I do worry sometimes, but whatever happens we will deal with it together. I have no control over the future, but I embrace it and really cherish the time we have together and yes it also means when we have sex. He's a pig, I'm a pig...so what.....