Can anybody answer this?

constructionguy

On 1/3/2018 at 4:18 PM, constructionguy said:

So many ads - on bareback and non bareback sites say "looking for guys under 45" or "nobody over 45", or words to that effect, I am generally curious when exactly did 45 become the magic cut off point? It's like 44 has one foot in boyhood and 46 is the fast track to senility. 

Just saying'....

since I've always preferred men over 45 I get happier when more the of crowd is distracted by new and shiny.  I haven't as much competition for the best quality 

I’ve been both delighted and relieved to discover that an arbitrary age-marker is a meaningless measure of how much sex you can expect. At 51 I’m doing quite well, thankyouverymuch, and my well-trained ass demonstrates my experience -  but not for everyone.

Ironically, as my age increases, I’m finding that so does my lower limit for the age of men I’m willing to service if I’m arranging a hookup. Currently, I prefer guys 27+. That sounds arbitrary, but I base my floor on the age of the oldest utter fucknut I’ve had the misfortune of dealing with - as of this writing, 26. That doesn’t mean I won’t ass-up for someone 26, or even younger, but I become increasingly skeptical the youner they go until they hit 21... at which point, forget it. I am 1) turned off by that level of immaturity, and 2) old enough to be their father. Not my scene.

So to all those self-satisfied, selective prettyyoungthings out there who would find their minds *blown* by a few minutes in my ass - sorry. You’re not old enough for the top-shelf material. Come see me after you become a man and I’ll show you a world you haven’t even begun to imagine.

Edited by ErosWired

It is just a number as long as his equiptment and mind is still working - he is OK in my book ! I , always , look upon a older male as Daddy's - they know a lot more than I do . They have friends , always BEST having a party - multi dick loads - dripping wet - bring them  on !  :)

Guest FinalDL2021

I thought I would add to this conversation since I just turned 50 today. Great age to be so sexually liberated. Not to brag, but I am in better shape than most guys in their 30's, I have a passion for Distance running which keeps me going to the gym to x-train regularly. I seldom drink, and only smoke 420 socially; I have never smoked regular cigarettes. and as much as I enjoy having sex, I have relied on good judgement, and not having too many sex partners.

This guys that rank on older men don't realize that after 30, it goes by in a flash, you wake up and then your 50. they will be here too, eventually, no one stays young.

Guys usually assess my age as 10-14 years younger than what I really am, which goes to show that if you are reasonably good to your body, you will be very competitive on the market as you get older. I do think men over 35 would be better off cruising in person at bars, saunas etc than using apps exclusively. As someone who doesn't fit the typical mold, I don't get picked if I get on an app as an older, versatile bottom. But if I'm at a venue, I'm quite likely to get fucked or fuck someone because I stand out. I'm fortunate enough to be able to travel as much as I want, so that adds even more to the possibilities.

The only thing that is tough is finding a suitable mate for a relationship. Most guys my age are set in their ways or have made life decisions that make a relationship a bit tougher to manage. I've been chased for a while by a guy half my age but I really don't want a project or to be a mentor. I need a partner who has more to offer than just sex.

• 6 months later...
Guest BreedingCameraman

Anytime I see an ad or profile like that I just block the poster and keep looking. I’m only 31yo myself, but even when I was in my early 20’s I preferred hooking up with men who were at least 10+ years my senior. I don’t know what the current generation’s problem is, but they’re missing out on some of the best sex they will ever have, and all because they have hang ups over how much older a man is. It’s pathetic.

• 1 year later...

when I was young in my teens even twenties, I only got fucked by men or boys my age, looking back I did not know any better and did not know were to find sex at the time on limited knowledge, but now looking back I wish I would have been fucked my older mature men. I love getting fucked by older men.

• 2 weeks later...

As a starting point, I don't write things like that and just make a decision guy by guy.   That said, I have observed that 45 is a common age for guys age 46-60 who are lying about their age.    I think a reason that age is used as line in the sand by some guys is that they may think the odds of getting catfished increases.    You can test this on any site.   The population of guys who are 45 will be meaningfully higher than the surrounding ages.   The same phenomena happens with age 30 and probably others too. 

• 7 months later...

I personally like to see it when people post whatever variation of the "45" age they come up with, because I know to avoid them.

In the end, it's their fantasy hookup they are advertising for so whatever makes them happy. I am less than slightly curious as to how it works out for them. My best guess is they end up hooking up with their hand that night.