Man sentenced to 30 yrs for deliberately spreading HIV

A portion of the news article:

" “As the investigation continued, law enforcement uncovered that Mr. Louie, who is HIV positive, was not taking his medication, and purposely having sexual contact with both men and teenage boys in hopes to transfer HIV to them. He lied to these victims about his HIV status. Through the defendant’s own admissions, he had sexual intercourse with 30-50 different men and boys, including a 16-year-old.”"

This should scare the shit out of anyone who is stealthing and infectious. It only takes one person to come forward for a court to get all your records. 

There are plenty of kinky guys out there that don’t care about status, guy fuck them. 

59 minutes ago, KERVORKIANjack said:

He's cute. But I guess i'll have to wait 16 to 30 years for him to fuck me. I wonder if he has been gang raped yet ? 

He is hot

too bad ….

Stealthing is very hot in the FICTION section here ….. but just because it is very hot in fiction…. Does not mean you can … or should.. do it in real life … I’m sorry for the guys he infected, especially as I can’t imagine it is easy to be gay and poz in Idaho 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Yes, there are some of those cases of people deliberately infecting others but although they are very, very rare, they become the stereotype of HIV, into media. 

I even heard the opposite story, once: a man who told his female partner about his status, the morning after the sexual intercorse; she sued him, he was arrested -house arrest-, 6 years of legal battle until FINALLY his innocence was proven: he has ALWAYS been undetectable untransmittable, no way to harm the woman.

What did go wrong there?

The case was in Italy, started 2018 and ended in 2024. Was the doctor she went to get post-exposure meds to suggest going to the cops? Did she go to cops directly?

I do not know.

Despite her coming out negative to HIV test, the procedure went on anyways. And the gap was to the cops too, at that point; I'm certain of the fact Italy's UEqualsU awareness is much less than other countries because of, guess who... I just give the hint of 🔔🛐

Speaking about fictional stealthing, yes I read those stories but they aren't the ones I love the most. Knowing what it means when someone decides for your life, I would never like to do that. Except for some irrational thinking of a fantasy about stealthing unpleasant homophobic people but I even don't get hard at the idea, it's just an anger vent when I read or hear something particularly bad.

No one has the right to decide about our life!

Hate speech for stealthers? I don't drop down to that level. I just think the matter is not HIV itself; they use it because it makes no "noise" but those kind of folks may even pretend to love you, then when you decide to break up, they burn your face in acid.

• Upvote 2

One can not lie about ones HIV status, simply because at no point can one know for sure if one is HIV poz or not, unless you are not having casual sex and none of the risk factors (recent blood transfusion, intravenous drug use etc) apply to you. 

What constitutes "truth" during a casual sexual encounter is different from standards you would use while filling out a job or medical questionnaire. A Top can claim to be a power bottom, a 55 yr old guy can claim to be "young", or a fat guy can claim to be an average or athletic guy without fearing the long arm of the law coming after them, simply because there is a different standard of truth or rather honesty (disclosure of personal information) when it comes to casual sex.    

People who have casual sex, can only be confident  upto 60% that they are neg, because any one sexual encounter can leave you infected. PREP effectiveness is somewhere between 60 to 93% according to a preeminent health journal Lancet, which does research work with real life conditions, and about 87% according to a British Study. Also PREP is not entirely risk free and some people, albeit a few, will not be able to use it safely, even though for the most part, the benefits of using PrEP is far greater than not using it. 

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpub/article/PIIS2468-2667(22)00106-2/fulltext

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.gov.uk/government/news/landmark-study-confirms-effectiveness-of-prep

Thus, you can still get HIV inspite of using Prep anywhere between 7 to 40%. I am not condoning the purported actions of this individual. However, there are a lot of questions to be answered in the cases here. 

Firstly, how did the police come to the conclusion  that the gentleman in question intended to spread HIV? Not taking ones medication i.e. PrEP can be due to a variety of factors including depression, costs, or a lack of medical information about PrEP. No one is required by law to take PrEP if they are HIV and having casual sex, simply because — u can be taking PrEP and still end up getting infected. 

As far as the second charge against the gay-gentleman, time and again entrapment laws have been found to be illegal and immoral in most jurisdictions. The job of the police is not to conduct experiments to see if people will commit crimes, under inducement, but to actually prevent a crime that has begun or going to begin without their encouragement!, or stop one that is already underway. From the articles, I have read about this guy, seems like the police set up this guy up, which is illegal. They could have chosen to put him under surveillance and if found of a crime such as rape or sex with a minor, he could have been lawfully arrested but that is not what happened. Instead, he was set up: Entrapment is illegal and so even the second charge will be dropped in a truly functioning court of law. 

The big question here is, why are the police going after this guy? I looked up at the prosecuting office, Ada county in Idaho, and its demographic is unusually skewed towards one race, which is about 90% of the population, according to the 2010 census as posted on Wikipedia - Idaho Demographics . I took a look at the picture of the alleged criminal, Alexander Louie,  and asked myself, would the whites of Idaho consider this guy White or hispanic/interacial/asiatic etc. How has the demographics of this city changed. Is there a rising non white population, and is there social anxiety/hostility over this changing population of their town/city. Is this guy being targeted due to any possible prejudice?

Edited by brnbk
ingrained bad habit
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RawNerdUK said:

Rowe's appeal to the Court of Appeal, if anyone is wondering, was denied in October 2018. [think before following links] https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-46060666

These prosecutions are rare for a reason, this is not common. 

It has to be said however, that if you are hiv+ actively not on treatment and there are records of your diagnosis, there can be ramifications. Courts can get all of your records if they want too and there is probable cause. In this case he admitted to what he did. 

IMO this is NOT about the criminalization of HIV. I don’t think any person who is undetectable should ever be prosecuted for having unprotected sex. This is simply a blatant disregard for others autonomy. Take another example, if diabetes was transmissible, I would be extremely pissed if someone purposefully gave it to me. Most feel the same about HIV. 

There is a reason why stealthing even on here is only allowed as a fiction topic, it is illegal, and imo immoral if you are looking to infect another. Like I said before there are plenty of people that love anon sex and don’t ask questions. If you are poz and don’t want meds find them. These stories give a terrible name to the gay community and contribute hugely to HIV stigma. 

• Upvote 4