Interview with the owner of BBRT

seaguy

Interesting interview. Thanks for the link.
That is what I said when I was done reading it. It's always been kind of secret who the owner is and I can understand with the way some of the condom nazi's can be it would not suprise me if some of them did not send threatening messages to them.

• Moderators

Good interview. Thanks for sharing.

I see what his intent for allowing guys to put "Ask Me" on their HIV status was. In my experience, asking someone who has that on their status results in my getting told off and/or blocked.

Guest JizzDumpWI

True intention and reality don't necessarily mesh. Nice to know what he was thinking though. Maybe in addition to "ask me" he needs "fuck off" as a selectable option. :)

For me, I've always thought of the whole concept of status "disclosure" on a site dedicate to raw fucking entirely idiotic. This is bare cock in unprotected hole. HELLO? You're paying attention to a dude's self admitted status? Personally, the only nuance it ever made for me was that guys who posted their poz status were at least on top of their health and being responsible about their well being (in as far as anonymous raw fucking is responsible...)

Dudes who post I don't know / I don't care I usually avoided because, HIV isn't the only thing you can give me. When I was busy playing village mattress I got tested and treated (if required) monthly. Dudes who don't care enough to show the basic courtesy of not spreading shit around don't deserve my attention.

The ones I despise the most, are the ones blithely posting that they were D&D Free and expect same. Are you FUCKING serious? That's like sliding your cock into a dude in a bath house and asking if he's clean. IT"S A BAREBACK SITE. D&D free is only valid until he hooks up with someone who maybe isn's or "doesn't care". If you make those kinds of generalizations and feel protected by them, I suspect you're in for an unpleasant awakening.

Know what you want and understand the risks. Don't lay responsibility for your health on the dubious honesty of others. If you can't deal with the list of potential drawbacks like HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis, syphillis and any number of non-sexual infections, then keep your cock out of BB sites.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, it is an interesting interview.   I had no idea that BBRT was initially set up for HIV+ guys to hook up.

Surprising to me (or maybe not) are the number of guys who list "Ask me" as their status.

In any event, I assume that the guys on BBRT and other hookup sites are poz despite what they say their status is.

Very nifty, sounds like a cool place to work as well. I have lonng liked but wondered his predominately hands off approach. In a way it's cool, but in another it is rather hollow.

On the "ask me" thing, there's ask me and then there's ask me. Not sure if it applies todrscorpios experience, but leading with "are you poz," "are you looking to be pozzed," or whatever it is you are asking, may not be a good first message, or may not be well received if its still early in the conversation. Mostly because asshats who do occassionally slip through and go on bashing and lecture tirades tend to do that. It's less a reaction to what was asked and more a reaction to what it implies will come next.

I have gone through more than a few idiots who have eiyher started with or fairly quickly asked, and given the totally not about hooking up or having sex comments that came next, I would be very likely at this point to send such a "fuck off."

Let the conversation develop before you jump into those questions. At least enough to get the feeling that the reason is hookup potential, not door answering on a vacuum cleaner salesman.