BBRT where you live... Good or bad?

Bbikercub

BBRT is great. As a chaser I’ve been a fan of the site for years.

I live in SEA and there’s a decent number of local guys on BBRT. IDK if I’ve ever met up with a dude through BBRT; however, I’ve found guys I’ve fucked with or been talkin to on another app. BBRT chat seems clunkier than Grindr or sniff but BBRT is a better indicator of whether I can be open about chasing and partying. 

HMU if you’re a top that found me on BBRT and fucked me blindfolded at steam or z. Def down to connect and get u nuttin in me again. 

Edited by KylerIsTrash
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bbikercub said:

I mean I'm kinda glad it's not just me.

It's not just BBRT either, other sites are just as bad. I would say it was great if guys were going to bars to hook up but they don't seem to be doing that either.

It's a shame.

That's same thing I have observed, it's largely depends on the region. It does work great in some cities. I wish it did here, but nothing else works here either.

• Upvote 1

It's still by "go to" profile when wanting to hook up.  Now that I live in a city as opposed to a more rural area it works well.  One cautionary note, I may have mentioned this before.  The guys who are are signed on during the day are either very young, very mature or retired/unemployed.   Try 2 am on Saturday night and the entire cast of characters changes and it is a much more active site.  Funny thing, everyone wants to host because they don't want to drive at that hour.  Thank God for Uber and Lyft.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ellentonboy said:

It's still by "go to" profile when wanting to hook up.  Now that I live in a city as opposed to a more rural area it works well.  One cautionary note, I may have mentioned this before.  The guys who are are signed on during the day are either very young, very mature or retired/unemployed.   Try 2 am on Saturday night and the entire cast of characters changes and it is a much more active site.  Funny thing, everyone wants to host because they don't want to drive at that hour.  Thank God for Uber and Lyft.

They have to be willing to put in equal effort for the trick, so many wont.

I use BBRT 95% of the time.  I originally joined to easily find barebackers without all the clumsy questions and beating around the bush to ask if they fuck raw 10+ years ago...not necessary now - everyone fucks raw!  I still prefer it over scruff or other apps because most guys are way more direct about the sleazy stuff they're into on bbrt.  Although I always browse the "new guys" and the "travel page" and the "group/cumdump" link I am usually looking for REPEATS off my buddy list who are on at the same time and looking now.  I also find it the easiest way to form a 3 or 4way - kinda my favorite 🙂

• Like 1

If I’m in San Francisco? BBRT works great, plenty of people around.

But when I travel in Japan? There’s maybe 2 dozen active users, total, all in the metro areas. There are other local, alternative sites and apps that get way more traffic.

So that tells me the demand is there, but BBRT just isn’t that well known in some areas.

Also, I think the fact that BBRT doesn't have an app (and prob never will) works to its detriment long-term.  Sure, you can use your mobile phone and do geo-location, but it's not quite the same, and the notifications aren't instantaneous like the apps either.  

BBRT in DFW is all filled with just bottoms only.  In Phoenix, it was 80% bottoms and some tops.  I use mainly sniffles for bb hookups. 

Most DFW guys are also flakes and fakes.  They'll lead you to an address that is in a shady neighborhood or to the wrong address as well.  I'm more wary to meet people on any of these apps nowadays.

I'm in a major city, and I didn't enjoy using BBRT. I met a couple guys on it over a period of two years, and did sex with only one. Dated a couple, but those went nowhere of interest. It was mostly guys I was NOT attracted to in any way, a lot of drug users, and guys who can't reply to any messages or take a hint when I tell them no. Add to that the profiles that are full of obvious mistakes (a young fellow has set his age to 99), and I just couldn't handle it anymore. Really got nothing out of it.

22 hours ago, LetsPOZBreed said:

Even in a city such as London, I've noticed quite a change over the last couple years - and not in a good way.

Maybe this is now because I'm over 40 and a vers/bottom, and I can't compete with the twink prepsters these days (nor do I try to, to be honest).  But I find many of the top or vers guys on there these days are after the anon and cumdump scenes.  See many of them signing up for the various cumdump parties at a certain central London hotel.  I've sometimes wondered how many of them actually turn up, though; as we know, the success rate for any group listing there was around 50% pre-COVID, and I'm unsure if that's held up the last few years.  I've also had guys message me on there asking me how many loads I have in me, then ignore me when I honestly tell them I've not had any yet.  Similarly, the bottoms that have asked me about whether or not I have top mates to share with them (I don't) or message me saying "## here looking for more" is a bit off-putting as well.

It used to be THE place to find like-minded men into all-natural play.  Everyone on there knew what they were getting into when they signed up.  The numbers started to explode post-PrEP; especially, in the number of bottoms on there.  I'm not slagging off PrEP, though; kinda wish it was around when I was younger.  I am saying, however, that it's made the site like many of the others.  It's somewhat lost its differentiating factor, as one can very easily find bareback play outside of the site.

I had better luck with it when I first moved to London, and had quite a bit of luck with it (and A4A) when I lived in Dallas.  I remember when the Dallas view would only get 3 or 4 guys online and now it seems to have exploded.  

Similar experiences here when in London. I agree the differentiating factor has been lost, and that also affects events like CumUnion. 

I'll add that I got chatting to a guy who'd organised a cumdump session at that hotel... at the time he had 18 people on BBRT saying they were coming. Impressed, I messaged and asked him what he'd done to get so many guys to sign up as tops (he was advertising for tops only, no bottoms). Nothing special as it turns out. A couple of days afterwards I asked him how it went and how many actually showed up. Turns out *he* never went through with it and hoped to give it another go in a couple of months again. It made me wonder if a lot of what we see on BBRT is fantasy. How do we find the genuine guys amongst the wannabes?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1